The Venture Bros. Season 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deathx360, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It is the intro to 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills.' It is the episode that introduces Dr. Killinger. Not one of my favorite episodes but the intro is my favorite....'cuz I used to do corporate accounting. ;) 

That whole episode is full of win. The intro plus 21 & 24 recruiting new henchmen is hilarious.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    *Spoilers*No Baron Underbheit makes me a sad panda. I was hoping to see what happened to him. Plus he is a great character.*Spoilers*

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:

Mayhaps he's living in a secret room in Monarch's cocoon still? Here's hoping he returns in season 4, he is kind've Doc Venture's only other enemies.

Damn good start, but they still kind've avoided the subject of Dr. Girlfriend (Wife?)'s confession.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Another link to add to your bookmarks or RSS feed: Jackson Publick Livejournal

He doesn't usually give away spoilers, or at least not without warning. Also check it out for the Venture Bros exclusive T-Shirt Club!!!!

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "they hit me with a truck."

brock is bad-assness to a divinity and beyond.

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah they stated that some time ago (maybe season 2 DVD comentary). Still I'm sure they'll be enough to fill up the season. Besides Underbheit is sort of so-so most of time, at least as far as I'm concerned (and I guess they feel the same) :) 

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I never really found the Baron to be that entertaining.

However every time the Monarch and/or 21 and 24 are on screen I cannot help but laugh.

Gaaah. I would kill for a Monarch action figure.

8. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Well, they never told us exactly what she said, but The Monarch said it had something to do with them being at the Guild, fighting the robots, being put through the inquisition/interrogation/crucible. :lol 

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I think it had to do with her telling the Monarch about what happened at his trial.

10. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    But nothing was ever implicitly stated.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I think the whole episode was kind of the explanation of what they both did before they met and became The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend. Although the idea about the trial is pretty good.

I loved the "I now pronounce you villain and villainess."

And I'm so in on the t-shirt thing. Don't have money to buy into the set, but I'll certainly be picking the first one up!

12. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

wow thats so tempting........

to have t shirts with every logo from the show would be amazing, Especially once that O.S.I. episode rolls around

13. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Yeah if you read the Newsarama interview, they did that on purpose.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    AdultSwim.com has then next episode up if you can't wait for Sunday. I think I might wait but as I type this I'm very tempted to watch it now.

15. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

You know what was awesome? Six months ago before Adult Swim's website began completely cutting off the world from it's videos.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I checked out the fist two episodes on the Swim sight. Both where good, season is off to a nice start.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loved Dr. Henry Killinger and the return of Dr. Orpheus. Loved the show they put on for the general.

18. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Wow so that's what Killinger's Magical Murder Bag does. Great episode, at the end didd anyone else feel kind of bad for Rusty? Oh and lmao at the line "Not with a stolen dick."

19. Codimus Prime

Watched the new episode last night "The Doctor is Sin"

Caution there are some possible SPECULATION and SPOILERS in my comments.. just avoid if you don't want to read them!

I had heard some spoilers on this episode, mostly the appearance of Dr. Henry Killinger and sure enough he's in it. I don't know why I like him so much, I guess it's just his voice and his attitude. The dry, monotone voice is just great for delivering some of his lines. I like some of his characterization that comes out in this episode.

He's like a life coach to Doctor Venture in this episode. But the twist is: he's helping him become a villain. Didn't see that coming at all. I love it how the Boys really like him, but Brock has a bad feeling about him.

I liked where they've gone with some of the animation in this one. The moving walkway gave the Venture Compound depth and scale.

Any episode with Dr. Orpheus and the Triads is usually pretty funny. Same way with Pete White and Master Billy. They are great support for the Ventures.

I don't know for sure where they were going with the Jonas and Rusty section of the episode. It's pretty obvious who's the best now. I hate to say that I kinda figured we'd see something like that... just from the first time Jonas is realized. He's the prodigy. Rusty was more of a sidekick.

I like the flashback that happens when Rusty stands in the bag. The euphoric imagery is always cool. Sometimes its hard to tell reality from fantasy though. Anywho, I really got to thinking about the part where Rusty and Jonas Sr. are featured. It's like Rusty wants to live up the Venture name, but he couldn't when his super cool dad was around.

And I think secretly he loathes his father. Thats why I think the part of the dream where Rusty shoots Jonas Sr. maybe hinting that this actually might be how Jonas Sr. died. Once again, thats all the speculation talking.

I also like the aspect of Brock feeling useless while Henry Killinger is there. Dr. Venture needs people to "arch" him if Brock is going to have a job.

Not really much else so sum up the episode. Other than I'm looking forward to another. It was better than the premiere IMO.

And I wish I could get the t-shirt for this week and last week. So if anyone wants to donate $250 to me...

20. Codimus Prime

Oops ... double post!