The vent about backroom employee scalping thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pale Horse, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I think it's alright in terms of making a little bit of money to fuel your habits, but other than that, it's not gonna be consistent unless you're really devoting yourself to not only several lines, but probably several types of items in general so there's more chances to use supply & demand to your advantage. Then when it gets to this point, you might as well set up a legit venting business anyway (be it brick/mortal, online, or both), in which case it's more profitable for you to buy in bulk & simply hunt stores on the side like you were doing in the first place.

Such a cycle, it is.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

3. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I worked in a TRU backroom. I will tell you this. They do not get crap. They never get anything good in. I was thinking working there would be good for my collecting. I was wrong. I found most of the stuff I needed at Target and Walmart. Back in the day Service Merchandise and FAO Schwartz had all the good stuff in stock always (Although their prices were a little high). Now it seems like the best stuff shows up at Discount Stores!

4. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

It happens in OP's area for sure, no doubt. I go to the exact store he is talking about and it's the truth. You sit and talk to an employee who collects in a store (Durr, I sell some of em on ebay. deerrr) that hardly has new product out til well after general saturation, yet the same exact chain store -TRU- about twenty miles away has it consistently. Employees are scalping it out of the backroom. No it isn't right or a perk for doing your job you get paid to do. It's called being a scalper prick. It deprives kids and fans when they can't get product because the douchebags are getting it before it even hits the shelf.

5. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Well-Known Member

I live and TRY to shop in the same area. The SAME TRU. When I started this thread it was because everyone in the local community knows for a fact that three(that's right, THREE) emps at the same store are BR scalping. The reason everyone knows it is that they are open about it.

Honestly reading through the posts on here, none of the examples given are really the same thing as we are experiencing in our area, lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the BR guys here at our Target and TRU are open and in your face about getting every single copy of the rarest figures from each case.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true, lol.

6. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    hahahahaha reminds me of the ending of Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, where they hunt down everyone who trolled them on the internet and beat the crap out of them

7. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

We're nerd raging though, even though the greaseballs are open and tell us about it and any collector in the area KNOWS it's going on and at which store. :lol  That girl that gives you attitude there: About 4-5 years ago roughly I got a Galaxy Force Convoy and took it through her line. I'd eyeballed it for a couple weeks and finally just got it because it's awesome.

Ringing it up she gets all pissy "I was going to get that", looks at me for a minute like I'm going to NOT buy it now or something (nowhere pretty enough for me to even consider it, even for a quick bj :lol ), "It's been back there a while, I'm glad you didn't because it's the LAST one", big smile from me, jammed into bag with teh rage, I laugh at her and shake the bag while walking away. End scene. Moral of this true story? Now she will not wait on me and biaatch didn't get dat sweet G.F. O.P. ;)  Hate that store and the backroom scalpers there with a passion.

8. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

When people (read: dirty scumbags) buy up every single version of a figure so noone can get them unless they buy it from the scalper. (read: scummy dirtbag)