The Unrustables comic series, by Mayhem Mekanics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by CZ Hazard, Jul 17, 2018.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Hey guys, new part of the forums for me despite being an avid comic fan for 30+ years.

I'm coming here from the 3rd Party forum, we're a group of 3P designers who've created our own unique, original 1st Party toyline and universe, thanks in part to huge support from the people on TFW2005 who've embraced our product and helped get the first ever original transforming robot Kickstarter funded!

We're launching our own comic series in the next few months, and we're currently running a Kickstarter campaign to help launch it.

I'm laying out the pitch below, as well as some artwork from the series (including our beautiful variant cover by Geoff Senior), if you want to know more about the project, including it's writer and artists, please click through here to the campaign for more information!

Many thanks

-------------------------

Cover1.jpg

In a distant future, Man and Machine were once at war for survival. Humanity lost. Organic life has been purged from every planet. Machines have colonised everywhere and try to forge their own destiny. On the lawless outer colonies, Biker Gangs rule.

[​IMG]

After evolving and growing for millions of years, these machines have long since solved all energy problems due to a break-through in fusion technology, but the struggle for survival now comes in the form of parts and components. A vast Oligarchy controls the central planets, including the flow of all information and all technology. For millenia the pattern has been repeated; find a new planet, extract its materials, price it's natural habitants out of the market until they move off-world – destroying and destabilizing economies as they go - and continue until all resources are stripped bare.

[​IMG]

The hand of this mighty Empire stretch ever outwards in the search for more raw materials, to the very edges of the galaxy and back, even to planets like Tombstone on the outer rim; a dirty back-water planet with little going for it. A minor footnote in history were it not the birthplace of the founding chapter of the Unrustable Bastards.

[​IMG]

Our story follows two main characters.

Burley is the leader of these Unrustable Bastards, the most infamous of the three biker gangs on the planet Tombstone and the only one truly deserving of the term “outlaws”. Burley is trying to hold the outlaw gang together after a recent change in leadership which tore the gang in half and created the Spector Rogues; they fight for survival against rival biker gangs and the Enforcers, corrupt law officials who do the bidding of the Oligarchy. This situation is complicated by the return of Iride, a former Prospect who has returned to the gang requesting membership, but is there a place for a new Prospect on the team? Just how far will Burley go to protect the status quo and his leadership?

Iride swore he'd leave the dead planet of Tombstone and the motorcycle gang he grew up with, now years later he has returned to find the gang has gone through some changes. With a new leader, a rival Prospect, the gang fractured by a new outlaw gang - The Spector Rogues - made up of former team members competing for turf and contracts, can Iride find a place within his old team? What will he do with the secret only he knows; that one of the gang is a traitor?

[​IMG]

Attacked on all sides by their rivals Spector Rogues, a street-gang called the Yamazuki, and the Enforcers. Can the gang survive or will they tear themselves apart? And if they do, how long until the Oligarch's influence reaches to their backwater planet and disrupts their outlaw way of life?

[​IMG]

It's Sons of Anarchy meets Scalped by way of Transformers. The Unrustables is a new 6-issue miniseries, the first of an ongoing storyline set in a brand new universe with a whole new cast of robotic characters who bond with their vehicles to become awesome Mech Machines. Based on the first ever succesful Kickstarter campaign for a transforming toyline, brought to you by Mayhem Mekanic

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    113% FUNDED and growing

Thanks to any backers who saw us here.

Anyone on the fence, there's still time to get involved!

comicpromo18.jpg

3. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

So... we are approaching 2 yrs since the comic kickstarter.

Still think the comics will see the light of day?

Hope you and your loved ones are well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    I would say more likely than not. I have it on the authority of Natephoenix, the colourist for Issue 1, that his work on said issue was completed some weeks ago and that it was ready for printing, as I reported over on the Unrustables Facebook group. I contacted him recently seeking updates, and he said he'd drop Sid an email to see what's going on. I expect that the whole clusterf* that's since gripped the globe has slowed things down to a crawl, if not a halt. See the link below for the post in-question.
    Natephoenix - Comics and Art

5. Megatronus27

Progress then!

(Wheres that Dumb & Dumber GIF “So you’re saying theres a chance!”)

• Like Like x 1
  6. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    When I spoke to Sid in-person at TFNation 2019, he was insistent in his determination to see the full six issues published, come hell or high water. I believe that's his honest intention, and that he's doing everything he can to make it happen. Only he can speak to whatever obstacles he may have encountered, so I wouldn't care to speculate.

7. Megatronus27

Sid seems like a stand up guy and I do believe he’ll come thru eventually. I am still very interested in this product line if they can ever get back on their feet. I can be patient and I am not surprised if the pandemic slowed things down further. By inquiring, Im hoping to let him know there are still fans who want more from Mayhem Mekanics.

Thanks for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  8. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    He expressed an interest and intent toward getting the property back on its feet, but it's a matter of thorny behind-the-scenes problems not easily-solved, about which I rightly know little to nothing and it's none of my business to discuss.

9. Megatronus27

Fingers crossed we’ll see more in the future.

• Like Like x 1