The Unofficially Official MP-07 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron129, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

After purchasing the three masterpiece molds I realized that masterpieces are the only Transformers that I will ever buy again. Unfortunately, there has not been mention of who will be MP-07 or when it is going to be released.

I believe that this thread would be helpful to those people who would like to talk about who they would like to see and discuss rumors about when TakTomy/Hasbro would let the fans know who the next masterpiece will be.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There's been a lot of rumors of masterpiece figures. Grimlock and Thundercracker are the two most popular ones these days.

3. Unicron129

Well I would love a toon-accurate Grimlock, but the only way I would buy MP Skywarp or the possible MP Thundercracker would be if they were released stateside so that I could pick them up for $60 or less.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Soundwave should be done. We kind of already have 4 seekers. Green SS, Walmart SS and Takaras Walmart SS and Skywarp. I can due with out another seeker right now.

I just think Swave would be sweet since his little buddies could be really detailed as well. Possibly with a Ravage and Frenzy or Rumble, this way they could almost be like classics!

5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yup, this a popular recurring-thread-theme :) 

Grimlock as the next new MP has been rumoured for some time now, and this has been fuelled again just the other weekend by "confirmation" from a Takara rep, saying they're having a meeting to discuss the possibility of inviting some friends round to talk about making it.

As mentioned above as well, a Thundercracker repaint is also much rumoured, partly because the jet pic on the back of Skywarp's box shows a blue seeker jet alonside him & Screamer, and partly because since they released Starscream, you have to assume it's a no-brainer for Takara and/or Hasbro to get the most out of that mold by doing repaints for the various seeker characters.

MP Convoy & Skywarp are two of my favourite TF toys, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next new one is. I'll believe the Grimlock rumour if photos surface; but fingers crossed Takara really are working on something!

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

R78 just summed up all I could add so I'm just hijacking this thread for MPs I'd part with hard-earned cash for:

Blackout - in design (if not plastic execution) the best helicopter-former ever

Nemesis Prime - not a repaint, a new mold, possibly the Peterbilt of RiD

(A movie Bonecrusher, true to the design and transformation, would rock a lot of fanboys' worlds)

Inferno - if the MPs are sort-of in line with Binaltech, we need some none-car G1 Autobots, and he's my favourite

Wheelie - you'd laugh, you'd whinge on a message board, then you'd buy it, then you'd stare at it for years muttering "one day, you, me and ebay gonna make papa rich..."

7. Unicron129

The point of this thread should be to get all the talk of the next masterpiece (or possible masterpieces that you would want to see) into one neat, flowing thread (especially since I'm responsible for creating some of those past threads :wink: )

I agree that soundwave would be awesome with some extremely detailed cassetes (plus it has the option of being repainted into soundblaster).

8. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

A MP Soundwave is high on my list. I just want something other than a seeker...which is weird becasue I love the seekers. At least give us Thrust with the nose cone if you're going to do another seeker! Grimlock is okay with me too.

9. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I'd like to see a MP soundwave too - and MP class cassettes to go with him

Could also maybe be retooled into blaster..

then you have the soundblaster and twincast repaints too....

Just have to wait and see what comes out - will probably end up buying at least one lol

10. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

Grimlock would definitely be cool but,

I would love to see a MP devastator/constructicons and when fully combined it be slightly bigger than the MP prime.

Drooling just thinking about it . . .

11. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do we need another Decepticon mold (Soundwave)? b'coz as it is there's been 2 original Decepticon (Megs & Screamer) & only 1 Autobot mold (OP).

So i would prefer it to be Grimlock instead. but even if they did a repaint of Starscream as Thundercracker, i'm ok with dat. at least it completes the seeker mold. that said pls do a Grimlock first & then Thundercracker.

12. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yeh, an MP-style Blackout would be totally awesome; MP-style Movie bots generally would be cool, though I can only imagine how complex/fragile they'd be!

A cartoon-accurate-style Jetfire would be good too.

13. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The gap between releases is too large. They need to either get the line moving already or scrap the whole project.

IMO

14. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried to convince myself that Masterpiece figures would be the only line of Transformers I would buy from now on, but the upcoming Animated and Universe/Classics line just look too good. I've already preordered the first wave of Animated from HTS, but that's only because I had gift cards to burn up. I may end up selling that stash MISB after I receive it. I may also still skip out on the Universe/Classics.

In the future, I would like to collect only MP and exclusive figures (i.e., Anniversary figures, Lucky Draw, and Convention Exclusives)

Masterpiece will remain the focal point of my collection. I've only got MP-04, MP-05, and WM SS. I still have a long way to go for the line. Hopefully, Takara and Hasbro continue to release toys in the US market to make them more accessible. I'm looking forward the Grimlock and Thundercracker.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I think these alleged rumors are more like fan speculation then anything. At any rate if they do continue on my guess is the next MP would probably be Hot Rod. Grimlock keeps coming up but I think this is more fan wishful thinking and realistically a real long shot as by my understanding the Dinobots were never all that popular in Japan.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am glad the releases are spread out. I am trying to lock up two of each figure to display in Robot and Vehicle mode. With MP-04 at $250 now it is hard to justify. I should have got a second MP starscream at walmart when I saw him in January. I don't think we will see a new MP mold this year but, next year we should see two.

17. Devastator X

Devastator X Well-Known Member

I want them to release Ultra Magnus with his armor. They can't make that soon enough.

18. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Interesting you mention Hot Rod as a good fit. I did wonder if they'd do Rodimus Prime & Galvatron as future MPs, but there's certainly not been any suggestion of that, AFAIK. I figured they would fit with an MP line that seems to have focussed on "leader" characters (Convoy, Magnus & Megs of course, but Starscream as well to some extent); and I think back in the mists of time, it was suggested the MP & BT lines wouldn't duplicate characters - in which case Hot Rod would be out, due to his Kiss Players version, but Rodimus Prime might still make sense.

Then again, I suppsoe Grimlock is a "leader" character too, inasmuch as he lead the Dinobots. But I've also heard the thing about the Dinobots being less popular in Japan, compared to the US & Europe, which is another reason I'll believe the MP Grimmy rumour when a photo appears :) 

...Hm, i seem to be living in this thread this week :D 

19. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Hotrod is a good idea!

20. Unicron129

I know about the drastic difference in love for Grimlock between the U.S. and Japan, but maybe Hasbro could give it a go? I had already thought about hotrod since he could have so many masterpiece-like accesories (laser sword and shield from training, saw-blade hand, small Daniel figure).

I think that in order to keep the masterpiece line going, they are going to have to duplicate characters that have already been made as a BT or Alternator. I think that there has not been a rule set or a certain pattern that they are using to make the masterpieces.