The Ultimates 2 #13 feedback thread (spoiler riddled)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by tusko, May 17, 2007.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    So the long awaited conclusion arrived with a phissle.

I liked the Thor and Loki battle. I liked the direction the team must move in, although bias and hidden agendas seem to be the norm.

I did not like:
    The conclusion to the Black Widow's character and the actions of Hawkeye,
    The resolution of what to do with the Hulk,
    The denouement was really nice period piece but I didn't know why it was there,
    Ironman's characterization at the end. Is he bipolar?

What are your thoughts?

2. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Tony was hurt, but then his little head got the better of his big head.. Ive been in his shoes.. atleast with being left by a girl, and then finding another in the same day and forgetting the first girl.

The conclusion with hawkeye made sense. She killed his entire family.

I have a feeling they arent going to do anything with the hulk.

The thor and loki battle was amazing! and we finally got a resolution as to whether or not thor was a god.

Really fun issue. was it worth the wait? Hell no. but it was still good.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

It's out?????

My goodness. I don't order my comics until Friday so I better not read anymore here I case I 'spoil' myself (if you know what I mean!).

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    So the Ultimates have license to kill, to us the James Bond term? Hawkeye can just hunt down anyone and take 'em out?

And granted its revenge after something very brutal, but why would he do it so publicly? I dunno, it just didn't sit right with me.

Also, is there something now going on with Jan and Thor? After 24 issues of not interacting, they seemed very chummy in the last few pages.

Finally what happened to Betty Ross?

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the?! Its finally out? Serves me right for not visiting my comic shop today. Actually the outcome s kinda expected but what I'm surprised to read is Jan and Thor being chummy. I thought the Wasp and Capt were an item?

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    The wait between issues really did mess up the pace of the story to me. I was a bit lost as to what was going on. Ultron and Scarlet witch were the only in jokes that made me smile.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

they werent super super chummy, she just kind of thanked him for saving them, because in reality. thor saved the day, and really. we now have the ultimate avengers. they werent the avengers yet, now they are. it was a decent ending just not worth the wait.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I enjoyed it. When Thor brought the Viking army with him, my jaw dropped. Now that was pretty cool. Hawkeye killing Widow just made sense.

Overall, should it have taken that long? No. Was it worth it? partially. Am I looking forward to the next installment? Yes.

9. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Did I love that... what... 8 page spread in the middle? Oh hell yes. I liked the story. And I got the feeling that Hulk will be their "big gun" as it were, much as he seemed to be early on in 616, with them setting Banner up again for his research... at least, surely he doesn't have THAT many DVDs...

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

meh...it was okay, but definitely not worth wait. Will be buying vol.3 in TPB.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. We saw a preview of that at some point, but with the issue in hand and approaching the obvious foldout thingie, I was like, "Bah! what kinda bigass ad did they stick in this thing?...Oh....Oh my..."

It was good, but I need to go back and read the whole arc in one sitting. Regardless of the new team on 3, I dunno if I trust 'em and may just wait for the trade.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

who's that guy that looks like Thor in one of the last few pages...he's bald, has a hammer, also has a hook knife (or whatever its called), and is using the same costume as Thor???

13. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

That's Perun, the Soviet's version of Thor (hence, hammer and sickle) who was part of The Liberators.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

Just read all the main issues of Ultimates. (The comics written by Millar. not the annuals or anything.) and I must say. its still a really good read. the older issues. the first 6 issues of volume one have not aged well though. it just shows how slowly these damn issues took to come out.

15. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Bah, I'm an idiot. I just re-read this issue NOT on the train this time, and it's very obviously Hank Pym in the cell. And Jan watching him. I'd thought it was Betty Ross again with a different hairstyle, bah.

16. Wreckgar

I liked when he was asking around to turn himself in.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If everyone I'd was with had just been massacred, I'd turn myself in too.
    In all, an excellent wrap-up to volume 2. Hawkeye did exactly what I would have done too. And the last few pages with Steve back in the day were almost teardroppers, especially with the dedication.
    Tony's actions at the end, incidentally, are easily explained by volume 1; he has a brain tumour, and could keel over dead at any moment. Hell, I'd be living in the now as well. And especially if faced with a blonde with big jubblies.
    Apparently volume 3 is due out towards the end of the year; personally I'll believe it when I'm reading it, but after that I am definitely looking forward to it.

18. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Volume 3 will be much more on time than 2 was. Hell, I took a look at the uncolored version back on the second.

Vol 3 is gonna be god.

19. Wreckgar

Well if Joe Mad does as timely a job Ultimates as he did Battle Chasers, we may have a problem.

20. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

It was announced back in 2005, so hopefully in that time he got more than two issues done before it gets officially solicited.