THE Ultimate weapon tips thread (WFC)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, May 20, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Okay, the point of this thread is simple, just post the BEST tips you know for your BEST weapons.

I will *try* (Special emphasis!) to add all tips to this main post, including my own.

Neutron Assault Rifle
    No tips yet

Magma Frag Launcher
    *Scrubbing aside, pick one up as a Soldier and Hover whilst again using Ammo Matrix, you can bring a rain of super powered explosions for a few seconds of utter carnage.
    *Don't use it or everybody hates you.

X12 Scrapmaker
    *Start firing just before you engage so you don't take hits while you're not doing anything.

Photon Burst Rifle
    *Good burst weapon, very underestimated, I recommend it

Energon Battle Pistol
    *I use this to get in as many shots as I can before I get in melee range, it usually kills anything. If it doesn't, I just back off and fire more shots.

Null Ray
    *Long range only. Don't bother quick scoping. Get quite close to still opponents for easy headshots.
    *Hide on bridges that provide a view of active intersections. If an enemy is running, point the crosshairs where the enemy is headed and shoot them when they arrive. Most enemies are way faster than the scoped in crosshairs.

Fusion Cannon
    *It's good for catching people by surprise or splash damage battles.

Ion Blaster
    *Very powerful, I would recommend it for taking down bigger enemies.

Scatter Blaster
    *Don't try to use it at long range, it is usually useless.
    *Cloak and head for your target, fire twice and melee and it is usually an instant kill.

Energon Repair Ray
    *It locks on and is a good weapon as a back up when a different weapon is reloading.
    *The locking on makes it very effective against scouts.
    *If you are constantly using it on an ally who is battling, this can make your ally MUCH harder to kill, and thus, stresses out your ally's opponent.

EMP Shotgun
    *VERY powerful and underestimated. Get in close range and use it before a melee for an almost always instant-kill.
    *At absolute point-blank range with the barrel touching your enemy, it is a one-hit kill. If done correctly, you won't see a shell flying away.

Rocket Launcher
    None yet

Plasma Cannon
    None yet

Expecto Patronum
    *Dementoorrrrzzzzz

...So yeah

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    X12 Scrapmaker - Start firing just before you engage so you don't take hits while you're not doing anything.
    Null Ray - Long range only. Don't bother quick scoping. Get quite close to still opponents for easy headshots.

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

EMP Shotgun: I BELIEVE that if you use it at absolute, point blank range (with the barrell actually touching your enemy), its an automatic one hit kill, if done right you won't see a single shot leave the barrell. I used to regularly use that tactic and it could even drop a Soldier in a single blast, though I don't know if it would work if the were War Cry'ed at the time. Also, a Soldier with Ammo Matrix activated turns it into a weapon of mass destruction.

Frag Launcher: Scrubbing aside, pick one up as a Soldier and Hover whilst again using Ammo Matrix, you can bring a rain of super powered explosions for a few seconds of utter carnage.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Correct. At point blank range, you can kill a scientist with an overshield on.

5. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    All of it is added.

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Null Ray is best for maps with little bridges that provide a view of nodes on conquest. wait until an enemy is trying to take your node, cloak on the bridge, and aim for the head. and if an enemy is running but they don't see you above them, give them a little bit of leeway and when you're ready, stop, and shoot. trying to follow them with your crosshairs on them won't work

that's all i got

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Tips and tricks magma frag...

Dont use it or we hate you

Scatterblaster - Use it at close range its worthless else it can get good kills of you use it right

8. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Energon Repair Ray - When you're low on ammo or EMP is reloading. Such a trollzy weapon. Easy to use, just jump up and down so it's harder to get shots at you. The ray sticks to them anyway, so jumping is fine.

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Added.

EDIT: Should I make a ROTF one? I love ROTF right nao.

10. scorpio-prime

I found it to be very effective against Scouts, where its stickiness largely nullified their small size and speed, and their relatively low health made up for its lack of power. It you run backwards and jump repeatedly whilst locked on, their Scatter Blaster is much less effective and you'll often kill them before they kill you, but watch out for Scouts with Dash who can quickly catch and melee you.

ALSO, you can do a trick I called 'puppeteering', where you simply train your Ray on a hefty ally like a Soldier or Leader. They'll often take the hint and immediately engage the enemy with your support, becoming much tougher to kill - and of course you'll ultimately reap the benefits of the Killstreaks they acquire.

11. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As the Scout, cloak and get as close as possible with a Scatter Blaster. One to two shots depending on class and an immediate melee attack should deal a quick assassination. Anyone standing still should be a target for the assassination.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've done that puppeteering. It's quite fun lol.

13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Added. Except I don't exactly understand how this "puppeteering" so I'll need more info before I add it. :p 

Why has this entire forum been dead for 4 hours??

14. scorpio-prime

Obviously you're not actually controlling the person you're healing, but because you're the one holding the 'string' you look like a puppet master, hence the name.

Tactics wise, it makes your 'puppet' much harder to kill because they're constantly being healed - a Leader for example has 5 energy bars, and a melee strike takes away 2.5, so two successive hits is all it takes to kill them, however if they were being healed at the time then those two strikes wouldn't be enough. Also from a psychological standpoint its distressing for your enemy to be fighting someone who they can see is being healed, and encouraging for your team mates who often become more aggressive when you start using this tactic.

15. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Oh... I get it now. I'll add it.