Heavy/Scratch: THE Ultimate Transforming Leader Optimus Prime Trailer (Jetpack/PowerUp/Weapons Ring)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Janeails22x, Jan 29, 2012.

1. silverbolt25

silverbolt25 Well-Known Member

wings

What model wings did you use?

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He didn't, he built them from scratch.

3. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

this looks awesome great work

4. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I used the 1:72 scale EC-135N/E snoopy plane.

You're half right, Nem. I used the actual wing in the interior of the trailer, scratch built the center folding section, and modified a lot of it to work the way I wanted.

This brings up a good point, though. I need to get back into this!! Other projects have have prioritized my time over this. Have you all seen my update on YouTube a few months ago? If not, this video explains a lot of my absence on here for so long.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread to remind me!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  5. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

Curious... how much did you end up selling Devastator for?? Or are you not telling?

6. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, I never ended up needing to sell it. I still have it! My situation changed rapidly over the course of a week and I was able to keep it! I never went "all out" trying to sell. I put a bomber in the water, perhaps testing the waters for a nibble. I got a few, but nothing serious.

I'm hoping to go to TFCON this year and display him for all to see in person. :) 

7. Bangman009

Bangman009 Aka: BIO-TET

News Credits:
    Oh glad to hear you're better, hope you continue with this guy, I like a lot your skills.

8. schorsch2489

schorsch2489 Member

Hey,

i found your project and it's awesome!
    Can you explain, how did you make the great wings movielike (the smaller parts are my problem)?

9. Hellmutt

Watch his youtube video, it will blow your mind!

10. schorsch2489

schorsch2489 Member

did you know the name of the lego bricks, which you has used to connect the different parts of the top- and underside?
    i searching this bricks for a own broject and did not know the name

11. schorsch2489

schorsch2489 Member

i think, you didn't say it at the vid or thread:
    how did you made the part, which you can fold to the main wing to connect the second wing?

12. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

curious to see what became of this

13. Hellmutt

We're going on 3 years aren't we? Didn't realize that. All I know is when I saw the youtube vid I was saying holy sh....

14. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    What ever happened to this??

15. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    John, thanks for asking. I have been ignoring this thread for too long. Eventually I knew I would have to address it. Lol. But my decision was within the last 8 months.

I actually killed it. Unfortunately, several circumstances led to the decision. Namely, the UFO Annular Trailer that came out that I had no idea about. It kinda killed my drive. Plus My wife and I had another child, and I lost interest. It had been too long. I reached a point in the project where i realized my idea was 100% possible, and That I had cleared the challenging part of the custom. I have it all documented on my YouTube channel from several months ago. The link is in my signature. I would encourage you to check it out for that, and other fun content. I've been trying to reinvent my channel to something more fun. Spread the word!

While you're there, you'll see several other iron I have in the fire, ones requiring a little less "involvement". I'm working on some Animated Dinobots. While not as grandiose or spectacular as my previous efforts, it's just enough to tickle that itch. Plus they take a lot less time. I haven't posted them on the Radicon boards yet for this very reason. I don't want to get all my supporters excited for something I may never finish. It's tough. However, I will be planning to release that thread when Sludge is built. Slag and Snarl are ready for cleanup and paint. Check them out when you can!

Thanks for digging this up and caring for my work. It has been a while for sure. I really appreciate the support. I'm sorry for not finishing this. I really am. But it was really the right thing for me to do.

• Like Like x 2
  16. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    That's too bad. I'm actually subscribed to your YouTube channel I think. I must have notifications turned off though, because I had no clue you were posting videos :lol . I'll be sure to check those out.

And thanks for telling me about that ufo annular trailer, I had never even heard of it.

• Like Like x 1