The ULTIMATE MP-10 accessory...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFao, Nov 7, 2011.

?

How would you feel about a MP-10 scaled Huffer?

1. I already have MP-10, but would definitely grab a Huffer to go with it.

27.7%
  2. A huffer scaled to MP-10 would make me purchase the MP-10 mold.

27.7%
  3. I'd buy a "MP-scaled" Huffer even without a MP-10.

34.0%
  4. Who is this Huffer guy?

10.6%
  1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I want a Huffer that can tow Prime's trailer!!!

Let me preface this by saying that although I think the new MP-10 mold is exquisite, and I'll more than likely buy one eventually, I am still loyal to my MP-04 for the time being. Mostly because he is "complete" with trailer and Roller. Also he is scaled with MP-05 Megs, who is also "complete" with the JustiToys add-ons.

Anyway... I started this thread because, other than a scaled Megs for him to square off against,
    THE "accessory" (if you would call it that) that would absolutely force me to step up and buy MP-10, would be a Huffer that is scaled to it and could hook up to it's trailer.

The iGear un-Huffer looks great and the only way I could think to improve upon it would be to make it big enough to handle MP Prime's trailer. Either MP-04's (not likely at all) or MP-10's.

I do remember the MP Huffer tease pics that came out with MP-10, but I think I recall it just being a tease from the designer, and more than likely would not be developed.

So I was wondering how a MP Huffer, or a Huffer scaled to and able to tow MP-10's trailer would effect those who have not already bought the new MP-10 mold? Also, if you have purchased an MP-10, would an inscale Huffer interest you? Would you be interested in a Huffer even though you are probably not going to get a MP-10 eventually? Or could you care less about Huffer? Those are your 4 choices. pick one. If I left out your choice, please feel free to write it in you comments.

Finally, if you do already own MP-10, is there a Huffer that fits it? Like the 07 botcon/armorhide mold? I don't own any of those so I figure I would ask even though it looks doubtful. Or is there any other TF that you could think of that would be able to pull this off?

I'd be stoked if there already was something that fits the bill, even if it would make this thread and it's poll obsolete.

2. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I will buy Hasbro MP-10 regardless of Huffer ever being released (in my estimation, it won't).

3. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be all over that.

Make him have a vehicle mode similar to MP-10, but maybe based on a smaller truck - he needs to larger than mini-bot size (as you say, iGear's Huffer is way too small). His arms, rather than being bulky smoke stacks, could easily be hidden within the cab at that size, the rest of the transformation could be similar to his G1 self but perhaps the cab could sit further forward to limit him being too heavy on his back.

Ensure he has the same kind of details as MP-10. Wipers, wing mirrors, rubber tires, etc.

4. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Are you talking "official" MP Huffer? Like I mentioned in my OP, I too doubt that HasTak would commit to that. I am more thinking that it would probably need to come from a 3rd party source.

So since you already will have a Hasbro MP-10, if it comes with a trailer (which is probably just as doubtful as an official MP Huffer), would you be interested in an inscale Huffer that could hook up to it?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huffer sounds good to me, but unless it was a separate third-party item, I can't see a Huffer anywhere near MP-scale being added as an 'accesory' for MP-10 Optimus.

P.S. I don't have Takara's MP-10, so I'd be getting the Hasbro equivalent regardless.

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I used the term "accessory" very lightly. As doubtful as an official MP-scale Huffer would be, it would be even more unlikely that it would be added as a literal accessory.

I agree that it would most likely need to be produced by a 3rd party group.

I would think that they could pull it off pretty well considering that he doesn't have an overly complicated transformation scheme and MP-10 has been out long enough for them to be able to make a working prototype.

Also, with only iGear throwing their hat into the Huffer ring (as far as I can remember), there will be a niche for a larger Huffer to be filled.

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know. A big Huffer just seems weird to me. Yeah, I know he's a truck too - but I'm just too attached to the G1 robot modes, I guess.

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since Hasbro version of MP09 has a targetmaster, they may just issue a US MP10,just Prime along but with Huffer,a good idea man

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

A version of Huffer scaled to MP10 would be, what? Deluxe or Voyager sized?

Either way, I'd be on that like a shot. Straight in with my classics. PCC Huffer can find a new home.

Yes, it may even push me to get MP10, but Huffer first.

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'll be buying the US mp-10 either way, huffer would be a nice addition, but just give me prime, his gun, some humans, and maybe roller and I'll be good.

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Ultimate accessory? V2 MP Megs :D 

12. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless there are some really small trucks out there I think you'd be looking at Voyager size min - possibly Ultra sized.

13. Stepper

News Credits:
    I can't think of any other accessory rather than a new figure beside Spike.

14. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll buy an American release as long as he has his G1 gun. (and probably if he doesn't)
    any other accessory will be kept in a bin. (unless it's a figure)

15. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Since a lot of the responses have been focused on the "accessory" part of the question, I changed the title of the thread to better reflect the poll question.

Also to put emphasis on a MP-scaled Huffer being a stand alone figure, most likely from a 3rd party source and not from HasTak.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me. If they package that with the Hasbro release of Optimus, I'd probably buy it. ;) 

17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

I'm currently not fussed about getting MP-10 (though very much anticipating a proper Ultra Magnus based off it). If MP-10 had included the MP Huffer though, I would absolutely without doubt have happily thrown down the cash for it.

Highly doubtful that Hasbro will give us Huffer with their version of MP-10 (but again, if they did, I'd buy it for sure).

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Why Huffer? I mean don't get me wrong, if one was made I'd buy one with a quickness. But Huffer?

19. Stepper

News Credits:
    Will be glad enough if Hasbro version come out this MP10,even though maybe without the traier.

20. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When you say "MP-scaled" though, you still mean large enough for pull Prime's trailer in alt mode, right?

I don't know, I think iGear's version is going to be just fine. Yeah, he's tiny, but he's supposed to be small! He'll look great with Classics-style Deluxe Autobots and Faith Leader (and probably MP-10 too, even though he's a bit big for my taste).