The ultimate battle DVD (my thoughts)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by joshferrell, Feb 4, 2007.

1. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

I just warched the "Ultimate Battle" dvd with the classics 2 pack of optimus and megatron and I must say that this dvd is a piece of crap...even though gen 1 oprtimus and gen 2 megatron is on the cover ,the only footage they have on this short 22 minute disc is from armada,energon, and cybertron,it says on the box and the back of the dvd that this is meant for younger AND older fans,and was supposed to be the history of the transformers,but it only goes through the story of armada,energon, and cybertron.....No gen1 no Beast wars no beast machines,no japanese cartoons,these people as hasbro wants to fool us older fans into buying this crappy disc thinking it's a history of the complete series,so I must warn everbody that that if you hate armada,energon, and cybetron and like the gen1 BW,BM stuff then you should stay away from this crappy dvd....

2. joshferrell

I also want to complain about another thing,I think the cover and what it says on the box is misleading,first off the box says it's for younger and older fans (which I stated above) but also on the cover of the disc and on the menu of the dvd they have a picture of the gen 1 optimus and the gen 2 megatron,this lead me to belive it was going to be a history of the toyline (like the recent superman dvd that has the history of superman) so I feel like they duped us....after seeing the great dvds they have released with the gi joe line I was hoping this one would be a decent dvd but it's not.........here's how the dvd goes,it starts off with cybertron optimus saying this is the history of the tfs,then goes on about how they have been fighting for millions of years (with footage from armada with the transformers on cybertron) rhen he goes on about how they have the ability to take different forms by scanning things then it wshows about 3 minutes of random transformers transforming from the three series,then he goes on about the freinds they have made on earth and it shows us footage of all the kids from the three series,then for the end of the dvd it shows a complete battle scene then the dvd ends..it's really retarded and looks like it's made for retarded people.....

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i elected not to buy it, as i was able to foresee the shittiness of the disc.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The DVD was made to generate interest in kids AND parents both, in anticipation of the upcoming movie. The reason it says "older fans" is not necessarily COLLECTORS, but for the casual older fan who may not know WTF has been going on in Transformers since 1986.

For collectors, it's 22 minutes of stuff we already know, because we're big uber geeks :) 

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No it doesnt. You didnt happen to see the two figures the DVD was packed with, did you?

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My 6 year old loves that damn DVD.

7. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Didn't you know, if it happened before the new target audience was born, it didn't happen (same holds true for Doctor Who grrr.....)

8. joshferrell

yup it came with the gen 1 optimus and the gen 2 meg,the dvd also had the same characters on the cover,they should not put them on the cover if they 're not on the dvd,,,it's misleading.......

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, those are new designs that pay tribute to those forms, but make no mistake, they are not G1 prime and G2 megatron. just classic figures that have the same alt modes.

but I will agree with you that it's a bit dumb not to put any G1 material in there seeing how Classics is a G1 revival line.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If that were the case with Doctor Who, why bring back Sarah Jane Smith, or have The Doctor mention to Rose that he's been a parent before?

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Think more along the lines of royalties. It's kind of like why Sony BGM couldn't use the audio of Scramble City from Japan. Same general idea.

12. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I plan on skipping this set, for the crappy-ness of the toys alone. This DVD review only increases my lack of desire to own the set.

Unless, I happen to stumble upon one in the clearance section for under $5 sometime in the fall. Then, and only then, I might be interested in buying it.