The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, a lot.
    Screenshot_20170530-163052.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    And I'd keep my Eva MP10 too, I absolutely love that thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. doucoo

Ebay:
    You may cringe but I say "WOW". Each to their own but was a very impressive collection but we all have to do what is right for yourself.

I guess what I am saying is it is disappointing to see a great collection go.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Impressive in numbers I agree, but 90% of it just sat there gathering dust.

Now I can genuinely say that I have fiddled with every figure I own in the past week and enjoyed them all.

• Like Like x 2
  6. doucoo

Ebay:
    I am glad you have found what to focus on, I still need to do that, once I can get everything out to see what I have.

Need to get shelves up in the old kitchen and take out my Star Wars, Visionaries, MASK, Centurions, Action Man, Starcom, Power Rangers (first Series Zords only), hot toys figures as well as Transformers and see what I am keeping and see what is going.

I'm thinking the wife should probably go to give me more space to display but I cannot see that happening!!! LOL

Gonna be a while but once I'm there, I'm going to have such a good time filling those shelves

• Like Like x 3
  7. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

That's what keeps making me pause and think about what I am doing. Hell work and home are that busy I don't even have time to unbox stuff!

I know there will be a point where I call it time, but I don't know if that is sooner or later. Having duplicates of most figures from Hasbro/Takara classics onwards means I already have too much repetition, so that should be the first to go. But hell, classics are there as a collection beyond G1 - so all of them would go before that. I guess I would keep the G1 reissues and MP figures. But not there yet!

I know when I move I will have to downsize slightly - that will be the crunch point!

8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    A + version? Well that just means they can stuff a grey painted elf face on Him and avoid having to do a V2 completely. And then they can claim it "matches" MP39. It won't, but hey nonny nonny.

image.jpeg

And £95 for MP39 at IDestroyYerToys? My reaction is predictable............

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  9. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:

Somewhere along the lines of duck shat :lol 

10. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 13
  11. dee'

dee' Well-Known Member

@Maz the pics of Megs you have been posting have been great, well all the pics from all of you that have been posting have been tops, to be honest.

But Meg's has now got me thinking I need one like now I went with MT as I wanted a more toy look in the hope we would get a recolour Meg's later on. but I'm finding it very hard to resist.

So does anyone in the know think we will get a toy colour from TT one, am I holding out in vain?

I'll be happy with a KO if that's what it had to be but I think I'm going to crumble long before then as he really does look like he stepped right off the screen.

I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

*mutters*

• Like Like x 2
  12. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Would more pics help?

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    My first ever favorite Decepticon, RID Scourge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  14. dee'

dee' Well-Known Member

Oh, now that is cool, very cool I need that!!

I don't think more pics would matter much I can't want it anymore than I do now :D 

15. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There is something therapeutic about the odd purge every now and then, especially for folk like me who struggle to keep their collection focused. Too many bots leads to not enough love for them, in my case at least. Can't see myself selling off the lot again though, having been there twice and both times massively regretted it!

• Like Like x 6
  16. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

That's about as dead as dead life 3

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    Dunno why I fancied it, but decided to stick series 3 of the cartoon on. I had forgotten how bleak as fuck that was for the Decepticons! Poor Astrotrain can't even transform his legs! :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm taking it all apart but putting the instructions into the boxes with them, so if I do decide to sell some time down the line they'll retain some of their value. I reckon I'll have the modular buildings back out before too long though. They remain stunning.

19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Welp, can I have a do-over? This belated start to the week has not been a great one.
    Besides the Toyhax Voucher Amnesia, to add insult to (wallet) injury Paypal wouldn't complete my Toyhax payment, so I had to get them to invoice me again. Cue trying to pay up today and Paypal just would not send me a security text (well, it eventually sent one out of the three attempts). Good job I could remember my security Qs!

Plus the first attempt at bluing Get/Breakaway's forearms resulted in some unfortunate capillary action and subsequently much careful paint removal *AND* it turns out the Dark Blue may be just Prime in shade but it's still a tad light for matching!

[​IMG]
    The Camera's being a bit kind there, I'm gonna try a touch of black to deepen it a bit. Rassum frassum.

Following that up with the test of a grey paint for inside Chromedome's inside wheels being a total bust, and, yeah, do over, please!

Ah, I shouldn't moan so much! Hopefully that's the duff luck out of the way for this week up front (or maybe the cosmic balancing out of nabbing a second discount Breakaway)!

In the name of balance here's better news I'm pretty chuffed how well Sirenaway's shins came out!

[​IMG]
    As the Toyhax set doesn't have anything for the shins to match the bonnet stripe, I nicked this idea from a Custom Siren in the Radicons thread.
    Plus as you may be able to tell from their opacity I also got his wheels sorted!

Would you believe after the failure of grey (and a thorough cleaning it out of Chromey's wheel) I thought I'd test black by applying a patch of Sharpie before committing to paint, only to discover the trick to getting it to stick evenly in doing so! Cue me sorting out the formerly wan-wheeled Mnemosurgeon and plowing right ahead to do the same for Siren's prepping!

[​IMG]
    They're not quite as jet black to the eye as to camera but they have a nice tire rubber black in-hand now.

Oh, and I suppose I should be grateful there's no Lightfoot among the latest Takara announcements but I reckon that just might be them working their remoulding magic to tempt me at a later date!

Right, now to see if I balls up Get/Breakaway's what should be easier shins!

• Like Like x 7
  20. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Hi guys ! Legends Misfire ? My heart skipped a bit.

Also, Artfire may be my favorite MP.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8