The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    See, I jumped off the PC wagon because with consoles you had a standardised hardware platform for what? 5 years? I know they'd be outdated by tech in a year or whatever, but the fact that the platform would remain standard and developers would be working within those constraints for that time was the appeal.

I hated the fact that with PC you'd need more RAM, or a newer 3D graphics card (when they were new, I'm talking 486/Pentium days) to get the best features out of new games. So yeah, it's where I'm at these days, I would rather have an 'out of date' platform for a few years that I knew developers were specifically designing for. It's why I prefer mobile gaming on my 3DS and not on phones, because they're in that exact same trap, upgrade every year to get the best visuals in games.

Hence I may as well jump in at the top Xbox One Tier when they finally introduce it, and 'hope' it remains MS's standard for a few years.

2. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Had to be done

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wasn't there a TV show where the kid became a superhero because of the Nintendo Power glove?

4. DisCode

DisCode Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol  it was before it's time! I gotta admit the stuff we had back then is kinda... Well before it's time! Look at the Sega channel in America where you could get games that way for your Genesis! I'm still surprised we had things like the Super Scope and Menasor! Like seriously... What was the whole point of that?!

Just throwing it out there but do we all agree we need a new Poiltwings? Or even a new F-Zero?! Come on Nintendo! Just! Do! It!!!!!!

5. DisCode

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The wizard movie :) 

6. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

I know what you mean, I hate seeing people have to sell off their stuff for real life issues, it's not long ago I did the same (got low balled on rid Galvatron- to this day I don't know why I accepted such an offer) that's why when I saw dobbie had tr kup, I paid him what he was sitting in my basket on idtoys for with postage, I can imagine some of the daft offers going to him from proper vultures, I like to think that as a community we're sensible to the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Need some advice here. I want to Preorder the PC-16 kit but PE have said that they will release a redecoed version for Magnus Prime...
    What should I do? Go for the Preorder or wait for the Magnus prime coloured version. I might end up not getting Magnus Prime though...
    Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

8. DisCode

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Magnus Prime is only available via the BBTS box set unfortunately

9. FortMax123

News Credits:
  10. DisCode

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FortMax123

News Credits:
    Hmm, but I could Preorder the PC-16 for £35 right now...

12. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Stop!

Taktom exclusive Cosmo powered suits on order, thanks Kapow... :) 

Carry on!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Damn! That more "combat" deco is appealing for a couple of Titanmaster-sized "Dreadnaughts", and for about the same price as two single suits!
    Consider my tempts sore!

• Like Like x 1
  14. mcluskyism

mcluskyism Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's to do with the amount of money folk have dropped. Quite often they can only afford one, so have to justify that purchase by making it seem like the best choice, whether true or not.

That said, I've got a Switch and it's obviously the best console ever. Nintendo4lyfe, @banjoted just doesn't understand, chump.

Also, request time! Does anyone have an MP Inferno and not want the toy style helmet? I would like to purchase it for Grapple.

• Like Like x 2
  15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    @ the mention of the ps4 pro and vr i took my vr headset back to argo yesterday and got a refund mine like many had lense problems where there's like a white film as if your looking through dirty glasses which made everything blurry and made me feel sick trying to use it because of everything being out of focus , resident evil was the worst to play it , i'm going to wait until they perfect it more or just go with pc vr as my msi is vr ready
    and more powerfull than my ps4 pro

drive club was a little better and star wars wasn't too bad but still not clear

16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    God, I've nearly ordered Grinder so many times today. In stock at both TFS Express and Kapow. But I LOVE the MP. This is (a very first world and pampered form of) torture.

I guess that's one way to look at it. The way I see it, though, with consoles you are forced to upgrade when the platform holders dictate. With PC you don't have to. You can build a great rig and it will be great for years. Even when you hit the point that you're not running every single title at the very highest settings, you're still likely playing most at a very good level, and certainly one that's ahead of consoles. And when it comes to upgrading you can choose what you do and don't upgrade according to your priorities. I've got an i7 3770k which in tech terms is an old chip, but it's overclocked to 4000Mhz and still runs nearly all titles, even the most modernly, brilliantly. I've had 16GB of RAM forever and have not needed to upgrade that. I did upgrade to a GTX 1070 recently by my previous 780 served me well for ages.

17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Anyone have any idea or has it been announced if we are going to get dicked over on TR Sixshot?

I was looking at one down the line, but might hurry up if he's going to be a pain in the arse to get.

Given that Wv3 deluxes have been knocking around since December(?) and Wv4 is looming, I would say he's looking unlikely?

I don't want to sound like a broken record but the utter lack of press releases or line information from Hasbro UK/Europe is quite frankly staggering in the "Information Age" in which we live.

• Like Like x 1
  19. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mate, you've been in the game long enough to know that it ain't gonna be 'announced' either way! There's every chance it will show up, but also every chance it won't. If it's an important figure to you I'd get it online now to be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Postie has just been...

GET. IN!

IMG_7334.JPG

• Like Like x 10