The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, any luck with the Titans Return figures? The Smyth's I went to only had Wave 2 Deluxes. I considered getting Wolfwire and Midewipe but then decided against it. I walked out with Chromey and Highbrow(bobblehead, I just found out). Still, a tenner for a deluxe. Good enough for me. How about you? Any luck? :) 

Also, does anyone else find it cool that we only had to wait 29 years for new Headmasters(with the exception of T30 Brainstorm, who is excellent)?!

I've noticed that most of the Titan Masters that are correctly named have no paint apps. Stylor for example. Is that unfair or what?!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:

I bought one a few years ago for my adopted pooch as he's extremely "barkey" whenever fireworks go off. The quality was really good and wrapped around him perfectly, he didn't seem too bothered by it and would go about his business as normal.

Unfortunately, it turned out that his barking wasn't due to nerves, just annoyance at loud sudden noises so it was money down the drain :( 

But, if hugging your dog helps reassure him then there's a good chance it'll work as described :) 

3. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sigh. I want that Starscream mould so badly, but not in Starscream colours. I still have no Thundercracker... and from the look of these customs it would be amazing to have T-Cracks in that body.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

So first real chance I am getting to mess around with my TR figures and they are aces - as already concluded by many on here. I think Apeface in place of Sovereign looks proper badass; like a gothic nightmare! Maybe like an IDW Nemesis/Nova Prime?

IMG_6452.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

Apeface also looks pretty menacing on mindwipe's body!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    1. The elbows have to be at the right angle to stop the claws from moving against the rest of the arm; if the purple loop section is up against the grey arm plastic at the back of the arm then that will do it; for this the elbow needs to be bent as far outwards as possible, if that makes sense? (Been up all night fixing sciency things, can barely read right now so let me know if it doesn't and will try again!)
    2. Have only seen about halfway through S1! The one with the Skunkticons I think? Really need to catch up...I want to see Starscream's hench-things! (I saw Frogscream as a space pirate myself, but that's mostly because he stole Paralon's cutlass and can hold it pointing forwards, and Quillfire is clearly another pirate with a pistol in each hand and his quill between his teeth.)
    3. That custom Hot Shot is awesome! I remember enjoying it before and saving the photos, but that was in the days of Apu-Posts so by the time I'd said "cool custom, dude" it was six months later and you probably never saw it....always cool to see it again though, if the actual PRID Hot Shot had come like that then I'd never have hated him!
    4. Me too and agree completely, it just needed more Predacons. Like the ones we saw on shelves. And thought would be in the show. And got really excited for. They could have based them on those! Only they would rather drink our tears. Bastards. All of them. Bastards.
    5. I want an MP PRID Hot Shot based on that deco. In fact, i want MPs of the whole Prime cast, all based on that deco. Who combine. Into a Supreme-class dragon. Based on that....you get the idea.

Like this:

[​IMG]

combined with this:

[​IMG]

(Which of course they do.)

Time to go drink more Monster....good morning Threadizens! It's misty out there.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You need to shave down the cockpit neck socket peg and/or get some thin plastic pieces to wedge on the outside of the grey neck clips to tighten them, or give them a lick or two of clear nail polish.
    I fixed mine with nail polish but after a day in copter mode the peg had stretched it loose again.

7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I haven't actually used the 3D printed speakers as I find the stock grill more in character for Soundwave but I'm well chuffed the tape mode G1 homages can be used without 'em.

I only got Lord Doomitron to get my TRU voucher in full effect but I've come to really appreciate the dementedness of a face mace/combat Jack o' Lantern, especially after realising if you don't flip his forearms down in bot mode it looks like he's stood in a macho posturing thumbs hooked through belt loops stance.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We have one for our dog, and the experience is similar to Art Vandelay's.

The dog isn't bothered or hindered by the Thundershirt and is considerably calmer when wearing it. However, he still goes on diazepam round bonfire night, so it might be a help, but not a cure.

9. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Lord Doomitron!? That's a grandiose name for a minicon! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you for the replies.

After reading around last night I dug out an old back-support-band and wrapped it around his chest fairly tightly. He stopped shaking almost immediately, but he was still nervous, plus as the band helps generate heat it just made him a little too warm, so I had to take it back off when the fireworks had finally stopped.

Looks like I'll be investing in a TunderVest for him tomorrow. Get it on him every night for the next few nights till he's used to it.

11. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Psssh. Apeface looks rad on literally any body. He's easily me fave.

Plus the idea of sticking him on Alpha Trion was the only thing tempting me into looking at buying Alpha Trion. And now you've done it, yes, it does look good, but not good enough to throw down on the big purple doofus.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Today, I beat Mickey Mouse.

It's only a small victory mind, but it's still a victory. No idea what I'm talking about? Well the delivery driver just dropped off Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D. I didn't buy the extra's lite 2D version because I knew the 3D version would drop with all the extra's they promised but didn't deliver. I don't even really care about the extra's, it's the principle of buying films twice. Here's your crap theatrical version. Drop a Directors cut/3D version a few months later (Watchmen/Avatar anybody?)

Well, not this time. Today, I beat Mickey Mouse.

*POW*

Now excuse me while I go play with my heaps and heaps of Marvel/Star Wars merchandise.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I have the non weapon lord doomitron. My sons nana just gave him this weapon one. He is pretty cool, like that there are considerable molding differences to seperate each. The head sculpt is nice and looks really good with all the bits attached. Unfortunately the little hands work themselves free when rotated on new version, they possibly could do with trim and shave...? He also got the autobot hammer who is actually also really nice, looks great with armour and has a nice transforming action head reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Thanks to everyone for the messages of support.

Final bill was £300, but got the front locks changed too as a twist to unlock isn't the best feature for a 2 year old who can reach that and the door handle! Very annoying though when the chap who installs the new lock tells you that the old lock had an anti snap band to stop them breaking in, but it wasn't fitted properly at the factory. Grrrrr. But its all done now, just need to keep reassuring the wife.

But robots - well MP Primal has shipped from AE. Slow shipping was £11 for anyone interested, and the pre-brexit order time means it will class as a cheap MP, just without a cool accessory.

Trying to resist TR Soundwave and Blaster under the new don't need two of everything rule (when the headmasters are pretty much the same). But £60 for the pair isn't too expensive... hmmm.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Going back over some of my repaint projects, and giving them a bit of 'Ardcoat.. Methinks I might need another pot of it, seeing as I've done a heck of a lot of the buggers!

16. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

How are these guys? Are they part of the Last Knight stuff?

17. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    They're members of an upcoming 3P AOE-inspired combiner team:

Matrix Prime Toys MPT-01 Dino Combiner

18. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Cheetimus customs are amazing. His Windblade one is brilliant. I'm painting mine but use his as a guide too.
    I can't see Hasbro making a new Starscream mold without repaints of him. Everyone gets them even if only desert or ice versions it seems. Not many Decepticon ones so far.
    Funny how Cracker and Warp haven't been in the TFP universe yet.

@Neuta thanks very much for your compliments :) 
    I'm not a very decent painter, very sloppy and careless lol I end up in a right mess and get the paint on house surfaces I shouldn't.
    Because of loving the show and so much handy HD video sources I can't watch the show and then not see how lazy Hasbro is.
    All the missing paint apps really jump out and piss off my ocd. So some paint and many Reprolabels later I'm happier. Now ofc RID is doing the same.

Funny you mention combiners because apparently RID will combine next year *face palm* Not sure how that will work but getting tired of combiners

• Like Like x 1
  19. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh ok. Thanks. :)  I'll try that tonight.

@tikgnat, I think there might be more toy shops in hk airport than we've seen. Did you see this one?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...32438979.1073741826.100010649747544&source=48
    Click the link, guys. It's pretty cool. ;) 

20. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Would be lying if I said I didn't keep pondering an MP Primal order. It will be a dangerous time if Kapow puts general stock up on Monday as stated on the site.

In other news, are folk playing Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1? I'm enjoying both for different reasons.