The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I think Scuba means in the sense of baiting: A metaphor for either monsters lurking under bridges hoping to eat unsuspecting internet posters who wander over; or from fishing whereby pulling a line of bait through the water to gather the same unsuspecting internet posters is known as 'trolling'.

I could fully support an all-silver Streak with a blue Streak on the box. That would tickle me.

As somebody without a cuss cared over not-Slag, Streak, or Rachel Riley, my morning seems relaxed.

I shall resume my yoga pose and continue to wait for all these lovely CHUG toys to turn up at retail. I am a leaf on the breeze.

2. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there anywhere I can get my hands on a set of wave 4 kreo microchangers at a decent price. I missed out on bbts pr-order and now they are around £50 on ebay. was hoping they would go cheaper with them being released in the US

3. Vanessa

Vanessa AKA Makara

My Goldswipe turned up at the weekend, box was a bit mullered, but all OK inside.
    The figure has all the usual 'won't tab in place' problems I've read about, and the non-fold-flat crotch-piece, so I'll be getting my files & craft knife out soon to fix these issues (hopefully).
    Bearing in mind it was about £26 shipped, I can't really complain.
    Its a nice figure all told.

4. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    No way I just ordered one last night, and he has a none fold flat crotch piece? what mode wont his crotch tab in, bot or alt, not that it matters as I got mine for an easy steal at 22 squids.

5. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

;)  I am probably the only person more tempted by the all silver version than the blue version, to be honest. The all silver is the one I like the best!

Oh, God, that would be delicious!

The comment was that there was not room in the design for the extra plastic under the dino head that the clear plastic requires.

Inside, I iz raging!

6. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Mine is the same - I opened it yesterday with the intention of getting photos (but ran out of time sadly).

The cranium lid won't shut properly, the crotch piece doesn't sit flat and the chest won't clip into the waist in 'bot mode. Other than those rather minor things, it was well worth £24 or so. The little golden accessories are pretty sweet.

7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    While that Binaltech is a blue Streak its not the diaclone deco. No silver hood or roof!

8. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Also, I finally opened up a MISB Binaltech Dead End and Sunstreaker at the weekend - nice looking cars but damn those robots are hard to stand up... that car bonnet skirt thing around the back is a pain and the feet just don't want to work for me and the pain chipping, oh the paint chipping :( 

Just goes to show how far the engineering has come when you compare those binaltech cars with alternity and masterpiece.

9. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not the only one, I really want the silver version too.

Afraid I have no idea, I was lucky enough to get in with BBTS for the case when they put them up :( 

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the exclusive Streak coming out is just going to be all silver I might be cancelling my preorder.

It's just boring in comparison to the beauty of blue and silver together. I really didn't care about he blue deco until I made one under commission and it really does look good as a deco.

Of course if pictures come out and it looks nice in all silver, I might keep it.

It doesn't really appeal to me as I thought that blue would be more sensible as Hasbro will probably go with all silver for their release.

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    If AE put up the silver BS up cheaps I'll be tempted to use that as alt mode display. Pretty sure TT wasn't as cheap as the rest of the car bots so I shall not be holding my breath.

12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Looking good, dude!

I have the Smokescreen set on my reprolabels 'wishlist' for next time I order. First of all though, I really do need to get my TFP Autobot collection back on display.

13. Optimist Prime

Optimist Prime Black Knight

I've been offline a few days and have skimmed this thread to catch up. There's a Masterpiece Rachel Riley on the way?

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    There is, but it's Takara only.

In the UK, we're only getting the Hasbro version:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Optimist Prime

Optimist Prime Black Knight

[​IMG]

16. logan OO1

logan OO1 Well-Known Member

So my little one (6 months old) had the dredded rash appear on her legs that didn't fade under a glass, Sunday about 5pm. Just got back from the hospital after hours of tests, waiting around, 2 hours sleep and a bunch or worry she's been given the all clear!

On my return home I found waiting for me MISB Universe/G1 insecticons, looking forward to cracking them open.

On FT Slag I think he's looking ace and can't wait for him bit their no clear head part for the toy version is a rather odd move and will no doubt cost them

17. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    How hard is it to take MP10s head apart?, thinking of swapping his eyes with yoth Prime.

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

RobotoChan - I think this is the odd circumstance when you should have gone Hasbro.

I had Alternators Dead End - no problems standing up because the skirt was made of lovely, not-heavy plastic. And no worries with paint chipping either. However, rotating the shoulders during transformation was a painful process which I only managed twice. Still looked lovely in either mode, despite a lack of die cast.

19. Brum Bot

Brum Bot G1,Animated Fanboy

News Credits:
    I'm not in for diaclone repaints, but still disappointed in the news as I know a lot of folks in here were after the blue version. You never know after all the gold swipe goodness lately there may be a blue KO to scratch the itch if TT don't follow it up.

20. we_are_forest

we_are_forest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Hope all is well now with your little one. There's nothing worse than seeing them poorly.