The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    My work for tonight!

Still need to take the bubble wrap out of the Starscream box and get the rest of the parts for Skywarp on him (Thrust & Skywarp were the ones I had as a child, hence displayed, although all items are in the boxes too)

Attached Files:

2. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

Oh it's such a great game. I played it exclusively until I had collected everything the was to find.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Damn UK weather all of a sudden...

Nearly getting a heart attack checking for my train schedule later tonight all the time...

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent pic, but no Slugfest and Overkill? ;) 
    [​IMG]
    Might update the picture with the MP tapes and the Cobalt Sentry set.

In other news, after discovering that one sheet of glass from my Detolf was smashed, I called Ikea only to be told that Detolfs are being discontinued.
    They might be getting a few in, but from the sounds of it, there days are numbered.
    Did manage to build it without the door though.

5. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

I didn't think about it but I was going for MP style. looking forward to the KFC ones. :) 
    Ratbat goes ok with them for now until SoundBlaster comes out.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really hoping MP Soundblaster means the final 4 tapes are released as MP's. While the KFC set of Beastbox and Squawktalk are good, part of me wants a Takara version of them.

Course in a ideal world, Takara would reissue the 4 Autobot Dino combiner tapes in a Encore package to go with Twincast and I could finally have the last 4 G1 tapes I need to complete the set :/

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't believe Detolfs are on the way out! Madness, they've been the best budget display cases for pretty much anything for as long as I've been collecting. Hope there's something real similar in the works as a replacement.

8. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Just back from Pubecon. Lots of enabling was going on courtesy of Genetic who brought various figures along for us to admire (I caved and brought a MP Bluestreak...) and Maz was talking up MP11 starscream, while Scubaboy was showing off his artwork, including a long overdue Swoop avatar:

[​IMG]

9. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

How are Detolfs for MP figures? (Don't suppose they're tall enough to display metroplex either?). If they're decent, I might try and get one or two before they're gone for good.

10. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're imo the only way to display:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

('scuse the dust, only been back home for two weekends since September)

Seriously tempted to pick up a second for the future, just in case.

11. stevil33

stevil33 Well-known smartass mo fo

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Had a great time at Pubecon V.2, very nice to have met some new faces alongside the previous attendees.
    The enabling going on tonight was something else!!

[​IMG]

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wheelie gets a lot of flak, and he only mostly deserves it. Blurr was just as annoying in the cartoon, and everyone loves him! For me, Wheelie is one of those where the alt mode has to be good. The bot mode is always changed (thank goodness, the original G1 bot mode was terrible!) but a good Wheelie alt mode makes him for me.... And this one looks pretty decent.

[​IMG]
    (Linked from FMH.)

The alt mode looks suitably sporty, but also 'C5 inspired' and tiny. I like this one, and I am not especially a Wheelie fan either.

Honestly, I think that this is the way most people have jumped on these, so you will be in good company. Since the originals were not even just straight repaints, its not even inaccurate that they look different.

You went Beach Boys.... I went 'Plague of Insecticons'.... "Bug off, you insecti-twerp!"

One of my all-time favourite episodes ever. One of the best quotes of all time... "Thats what I call going to to defeat, from de feet."

I even like the gold. The only thing holding me back is that I dont already own the MP10 figure, and if I am going to get one of these, it really should be the G1 deco version....

Ah yes, your first Winter in the UK? Welcome! :lol 

That
    Is
    Awesome!

13. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    no sex drive seems to be the only side effect, which in itself does make it a good form of contraception as she doesn't want it:( 
    Weve now realised that this happened before a few years ago after our first born,
    tubes tied for me then,

Love that Starscream,
    always felt the mp11 is just too bland and over cartoony,

Now thats just ace.
    were their looks and stares from normal people

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pubecon was a blast. The trains home, not so much.

15. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Almost certainly got some when the popup TF book was being shown off :-D

16. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in that situation at the moment mate, jus had our first (and only) so I don't see the depo making a load of differance tbh. Although I don't want another cant bring myself to take away the option so will have to see how it plays out with injection then implant as that's her plan

17. kirk_a

kirk_a NAIL

Ebay:
    Pubecon 2.0 was awsome - great to put some faces to names, and yeah thanks for the enabling guys...my poor wallet is going to take a pounding this month...

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

*burp*
    *spit*
    *swoon*

Yup. Let's do that again. Thanks, Genetic, for my lovely Sandstorm. Hope you got home OK.

It was quite beautiful to turn up late to a pub and find a corner of it covered in nerds and MPs. That never usually happens.

19. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:

Cool picture :) 
    Glad you had a good time!

I'm not a massive Wheelie fan, but like you I really like the look of this one. Certainly interested!

20. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    What a great night, PubeCon v2 was brilliant!

When I arrived I saw Dan doing his Swoop sketch for..well, Swoop, Stevil looking through the excellent sketches that Dan had brought along for gentle enabling and that excellent Optimus Prime reservation board on the table. Don't worry Dan, sorry I couldn't take Greatshot off you at PubeCon, I'll just have to grab it off you a little later. Your Mirage sketch needs to be uploaded here and into your thread, a thing of beauty. Best of luck with Fortis too, I cannot see anything topping that. You're absolutely right about that pop-up book too, has to be seen to be believed, what a lovely piece of work that is.

Thanks so much James for MTMTE vol 1 and MTMTE #24 (and the bag/board!), which I read and thoroughly enjoyed last night and again on the way to work today. As Dan said, and others have, definitely on board with Dark Cybertron now, and really loving Livio's Dead Universe artwork - especially Rodimus and Cyclonus. Those MTMTE trades are so lush, those covers and the extra stuff at the end, beautiful. Your sketches from the TF artists of the Pretenders were incredible, I can't forget that Alex Milne Thunderwing.

Great to meet Alex/kirk_a, and my apologies for the aggressive MP-11 enabling, but you were visibly crumbling before my eyes :lol  I'm confident had Morg brought up an opened one, it would have left with you last night. Speaking of enabling, it was hilarious how much money-changing and Paypalling was going on, Stevil was beautifully enabled on a KO Browning, Swoop on an MP Streak, Jason on a set of Amazon launchers. Santa Morg didn't doo to badly from PubeCon :lol 

Morg, many thanks for the minibots, the little one's eyes were worth every penny when she got her Rook this morning (and also when my wife accidentally pulled the arm off). Ok she abandoned it after 30 seconds for a very attractive piece of fruit but she'll go back to it I'm sure! Thanks for coming all that way, with all that gear. We didn't really make it to Ed's or Nando's last night, a deserted Euston Station Burger King was the best we could do!

Ironic, first of all many congratulations again on your new role as Direcetor General, your Hot Rod is in the post! And congratulations to all of us for taking up so much space in the pub, 2 tables, a stack of chairs and more robots than has ever been recorded in a boozer. Dan's right, PubeCon will grow into a convention before long! Thanks Rich for sorting the table out for us, did anyone actually see Gavin last night?

Really can't wait for the next one in the new year, I suspect more non-Londoners will be drawn into the PubeCon gravity well.

All the best
    Maz