The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem but some fellas on here have. The customs roulette. A guaranteed table to which this thread will always return ;) 

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Customs seem to love having a nosey in packages from Taiwan.

3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot G1,Animated Fanboy

News Credits:
    gah. potential customs charge kinda offsets any reasonable price...... might have to play the waiting game for starscream then.

4. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Traditionally, this is a dangerous place to be for me right now. I have spent a fair amount on stuff, but pretty much all of it is pre-orders. I have actually had Aveo Swerve and three Alternators (loose) that I already owned. April is shaping up to be an awesome month though. This leaves me in a combination of broke and with that plastic itch.... and I found myself at TRU.

I walked around hanging on to Blast Off for £9 for the entire time before putting him back on the pegs, and they also had 2 MP Primes and the FoC minidisc minions. But, I have heard so many bad stories about Blast Off that I couldnt take the risk, MP Prime looks lovely but I am not enthusiastic about him enough for £100, there was no Voyager Bulkhead (which I wasnt really expecting as he is a different wave), I have asked a friend to get me the FoC discs, and I have never once seen FoC Shockwave anywhere. I dont think that he really exists.

The adult in me was very pleased that I weathered this storm and let my head rule my wallet. The child inside is sulking in a corner and refusing to talk to anyone until he gets chocolate. I did find DotM HA Icepick MiSB in storage here, so that will have to provide this mornings fix.

5. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    Taiwan's always been bad for me with customs as well

6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

soooo, what would make appropriate weapons to arm Aveo Swerve since he can't hold 5mm peg weapons?

7. tarikq

tarikq Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a replacement finger for MP 10? managed to lose one last night

Edit: found it

8. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like I've been very lucky with Taiwan then. Doubt I'll be trying my hand again though.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of the reasons why Taiwan packages are hit so frequently is because the customs folk are looking for things other then our plastic crack, specifically they're looking for dried meat products that us Asians like to eat as snacks. Stuff like Pork Jerky and Chinese sausages but haven't pass the 'stringent' EU food safety laws *COU-HORSE-GH*. Anyway.

Skyquake, we're talking about TFP Skyquake right? The straight up repaint of TFP Dreadwing right? If they're the same I can't see safety or the lack of a Poweriswer weapon being the problem, just straight up reuse Dreadwings bits.

Without wanting to sound like a dick is because the Western economies are so shit is why they're not making them availible to us, it simply isn't worth Hasbros time to cater to us poor folk, those super rich Chinese are where its at. I suspect Hasbro Asia's figures are a hell of a lot more healthy then Hasbro US or UK, or even US/UK combined.

As to Lamborgini paint don't bother going to a Lamborgini garage to source paint, it'll be like that scene from Pretty Woman where you won't get served and everyone treats you with distain. I would suggest going online and finding out what kind of paint a Tamiya model kit uses. Might be worth going to or calling up a Model Zone shop?

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I've still got a 1/24 Tamiya Countach packaging....I'll check what it says when I get home from 'duck'ingham if no one has already done it.

11. Sunstreaker92

Sunstreaker92 Autobot

Yeah I was looking at loads of mp11 from Taiwan. Before Christmas. Wish I'd gone for it now as he's gone up in price by £20 everywhere. Not holding much hope for US release either as I'm sure it would have been mentioned at the toy fair. Hope I'm wrong though!

12. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Enjoying the locals in notts? I've been and gone already after getting what I needed. Don't think I saw you but then again... Can't remember what you looked like

13. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I received my package from bbts today,
    Was nice of them to mark it as a gift, and with the declared 45dollars value it even sailed through customs (took a week to arrive, not bad)
    But why oh why do they plaster 'bbts' all over it, its even in the parcel tape,

The item inside was headrobots garrison,
    My plan was to use the Japanese looking cerebo head as a younger looking fort max, to go on the body of steelcore,
    In my head this idea seemed good and the head looked like a good size,

I was wrong,
    Heads kind of too big, but the real problem is his face on steelcore body just screams 'gay'
    I will post a pic for you all to judge (prob not till Monday tho)

Oh yeah, i was in a fantastic mood yesterday because the misses had the 12 week scan and its just the one baby (really had a terrible thought of twins)

14. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Well-Known Member

I have a habit of doing that. I'll pick up one that I'm uncertain about. If I'm not feeling 100% positive about the purchase by the time I've perused the store (In a TRU that means checking out the Lego for deals and seeing what Monster High stuff they have for my boyfriend's sister; so it takes a wee while) then I'll put it back and weep about it later.

FoC Shockwave... damn I think I got lucky there. I found ONE in smyth's in Durham the first week they were out, didn't have enough funds in the bank to buy him. Cried a bit. The next time boyfriend and I went hunting in a Smyths at Glasgow we found one on the shelves, and thankfully, there was just one more hiding at the very top in the additional stock.

I'd hate to be hunting for him now.

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Seriously man, if I ever hear the word 'duck' used again I'll punch someone....back home now so I'm safe lol, there was a dude stood behind me whilst queueing for the inevitable hotdog/meatballs who didn't understand the meaning of personal space and kept singing badly into the back of my head. I mean wtf? Back off man.

I'm not one to talk being a Yorkshireman who comes from a family of Geordies but the Nottingham accent really grates on me, sorry all you Notts folk! The Leeds one is nearly as bad tho and as we are slap bang in the middle of both the Leeds and Nottingham stores I prefer the M1 run than the M62. Plus I detest the parking at the Leeds store. The worst accent of all tho is the Hull one. O.M.G. I don't wanna upset anyone too much who maybe from Hull so I'll just leave it there.....I couldn't get away from The Deep fast enough last time my Mrs dragged me there.

Talking of accents tho the Yorkshire one is so varied. In South Yorkshire alone you have the triad of Sheffield, Barnsley and Doncaster with Rotherham in the middle. Looking at a 25 mile radius (give or take) and we all couldn't sound as different from each other if we tried.

Reet. The Tamiya LP500 uses TS-8 which is Italian Red. I would paint a tester on some scrap plastic first to compare before slapping it on Sideswipe tho!

16. siccoyote

siccoyote Predacon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just realised I've won an auction for a 2010 Creator Primus that I bid on last night when I was drunk.

Have I made a mistake or do you think £130 is a decent amount?

17. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think it's a very decent amount, thanks for buying it! :D 

(btw it's about the level they tend to go for!)

18. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

well both he and 2010 Unicron do tend to sell for decent amounts on the secondary market, I don't think that I personally would shell out £130 big ones on him if I didn't already own him. He is an awesome redeco of Primus.

drunk ebay bidding though, yikes, a road that I refuse to go down thankfully lol

19. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

HA! :lolol 

20. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a bad price, I paid slightly less from mark_h a while back to go with the Takara Unicron I got from him :)