The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure it was you I took this pic for a while back;

[​IMG]

2. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    looks great TB, any pics with your Herc?

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @ BW No Soundblaster :( . I missed out on the Book reissue too, :(  But yeah, can't really justify a Soundblaster, especially as that case focuses on UK/US G1 releases. Otherwise it starts that slippery slope onto G1 Combiner Dinosaur tapes...

When you saw the tapes (in the old blue makeup case presumably) was I still in Highgate or had I moved to my current place? Have you been to my current place? I forget as its been a while. Gotta work out some sort of old school get together one day.

4. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The world needs more articulated crotch plates!

Once I get into this whole UK Radicon thing and actually get something finished I will post results here and on FMH. Expect a long list of questions on how to unstick fingers from fingers, fingers from tongues, fingers from eyeballs, tongues from desks......

You would if you bought a Henkei Silverbolt instead of the TFC version! :D 

Finally! Thats great news. Now we will know that what we want is totally sold out for a radius of 40 miles without having to drive around.

:lol 

This, this and thrice this. I am not a fan of the combiner as a 'robot with carmour panels'. Nice work indeed.

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:

The colours on RA do stand out, its a stunning figure. Would look good next to Hercules;) 

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

:rock 

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Since Voyager Wave 4 went to US discount stores in fairly short order, i'll speculate that the stock just out here is left over US stock (?)

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Ninja Turtle Lego FTW!

9. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's me starting to regret getting the Skyquake case from bbts, oh well, worst case I'll have a spare Thundertron and UM :) 

10. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm pretty spot on, thanks bud! I shall go do that now :D  What's their turnaround like? A week, two?

Articulated crotch plates are the way forward, they should totally be industry standard on 3rd party gear.

I can offer you two bits of advice- don't stick your fingers together with superglue, and don't spill plastic weld on your laptop.

The former was almost as hilarious as it was painful, but the latter was quite worrying as the underside of my old machine melted *oo-er*

I'll try and confirm for you if Bigspender hasn't by Thursday.

11. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    A returned piece of advice, dont spit on superglue when you are panicking and trying to wipe it away. Water actually acts as an accelerant to superglue!

12. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

From shipping it was about a week on the cheapest option i think. I'm not entirely sure as i preordered ages ago so they shipped when the 2nd was released. In my experience theyve always been very quick ay packing and shipping as long as the item is in stock.

13. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Finally received MP Alert today from HLJ. I agree with everyone - he is better than Sideswipe - both to look at and in the paint application. I have to admit, with these guys, the forth coming MP Soundwave, and his very cool looking minions, my collection of other TF lines is essentually gonna cease. Their G1-lovelyness is what I've been searching for all these years.

The Post Orifice taxation did strike again though - thoroughly pissing me off as a result. Ordering from abroad has become a false economy. MP 15 & 16 will now be obtained from somewhere closer to home - Kapow, you shall feel the warm return of my wallet.

14. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    If I had Thundertron a couple weeks ago, I think he'd have run away with my figure of 2012 award. He is utterly superb. Even if you don't like the Prime line, he's just one of those figures that comes along once in a while and just blows me away. I can't recommend him strongly enough. And it looks like he'll be in Argos soon too, so there's no excuse.

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really quite speedy! I'd be very happy with that turnaround, I usually expect international to take a week or more to get here. So, just ask for a plain box and marked down value yes? Thanks buddy, with any luck the first two will be mine this time next week :D 

:lol  interesting development. I'm not sure what you should apply if you get stuck together, probably acetone or fairy washing up liquid. One of them's bound to work :p  I usually just rip my attached fingers apart as quick as possible to stop them getting really stuck together. Screw getting them apart after that happens.

16. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have a bottle of superglue de-bonding liquid for emergencies. :D  Have not had to use it yet.

17. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I may go this route if tfc mess up silverbolt, mainly because Im conflicted with how i would display the tfc aerialbots, gestalt or individual robo mode,
    I like the look of them combined but seeing slingshot posed with ironhide in a 'were having a argument' pose would be wicked,
    I've had tfc herc in devy mode for ages now, so i split them and posed in robo modes, scrapper, mix and hook look fab but Im not keen on the other three, so i may go back to devy mode instead, but so far the tfc aerialbots all look brill in bot modes.

If tfc choose black, then watch as the price of universe/henkei silverbolt goes through the roof:) 

Me personally don't mind him being a blackbird, it just don't matters,
    But yeah i can see a cartoon pack of heads popping up soon,

Scale be dammed, just buy and pose brother,
    And this is coming from me whos a big size queen,

To be honest, i wasn't that interested in the combiners until like 11weeks ago, then i took the plunge and brought a complete tfc devy and i was born again,
    I would be all over a tfc stunticons if they decide to jump in, wonder what f.p are playing At?

Me too buddy,
    It took me many lines and thousands of pounds to realise this,
    Im just really glad I've found my final line - brings it all back full circle to being a G1 kid in 84-85
    Another would be, don't try and open a tube of super glue by using your teeth, i did that, and Damm glue sticks so fast, had to prise my jaw open with a flat knife:) 

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gave up importing ages ago, because I was being stung for practically everything, and I had to go to depot (which thankfully is just down the road) everytime to pick up. Nah, pretty much everything new TF related off the interwebz is from Kapow nowadays.

Maybe Post Orifice (love that one) and Parcel Farce policy is them trying to boost the UK economy? Stranger things have happened...

19. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Wow, I haven't gotten my Spinister home yet, but that picture makes me 1000% happy! Even if he's standing next to my Classics Tracer(Tomahawk with 07 Stockade's head and alternate leg transformation) they're going to look very different. Lovely colour scheme.

20. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good day gentle people. Is anybody interested in taking the Transformers Ultimate Gift set off me (minus Jazz) for 20 pounds?

I also mistakenly bought 2 Fansproject Assaulters. Anybody interested in taking it off me for 70 pounds posted?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013