The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Ooh, and I hope there are some really random bots that everyone else but me already has, I missed a big part of the TF timeline (everything between the end of G1 and start of T30) so going back and picking out some select nuggets from this era...

On which note, does anyone have any suggestions on 'must haves' for this (admittedly rather large) time period?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Pretty sure i picked up a universe inferno from a shop back in the day. And a mate of mine too. They didn't seem that rare at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I picked up Inferno late myself so I can't attest, vague recollection of some sort of kerfuffle over us not getting the first voyager in Classics. Could it be he got a belated UK on-shelfing due to grey market stock?

Really hoping Nonnef or A. N. Other 3P will do a C.O.M.B.A.T. compatible rifle for Sideswipe somewhat like this:
    Sideswipe C.OM.B.A.T rifle.png
    Maybe a bit more tweaking to the barrel like more detailing & a shoulder cannon mounting tab as well as a peg handle? Oh, please, oh, please!

• Like Like x 7
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    That sucks dude, sounds like your employers are a bunch of massive shit eating wankers and you deserve better.

And you will find better. Sending positive vibes your way.

@tikgnat My calendar arrived and I love it! Great work dude.

Love this head mold.
    IMAG0786.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  5. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Amazing paint apps!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @Large - it's a pain in the ass now but will be a blessing in disguise. You're better than having to work in a place like that and deserve to be working in a better place than that.

Fingers crossed for you, mate.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Massive love to you @Large , the upheaval of having to look for a new job stinks but I think it may be positive to get you somewhere where you can start fresh on something you may love rather than tolerate. Sending you good luck vibes across La Manche.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Yo, guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  9. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Does anyone know if Studio Series KSI Sentry was actually ever in stock at Kapow? It's showing as 'sold out' but not sure if it went on sale or the preorders have all been maxed out...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    @tikgnat thanks for the calendar! Once again making the transition into a new year as awesome as possible!

I’ve been a tad quiet recently due to various non-important things, but have been lurking.

My unopened pile of robots has reached an embarrassing amount, will have to post pics so the U.K. Threadizens can encourage me to get a move on!

@Large Sorry to hear about your issues with work, hope they’re sorted and you find yourself back on your feet ASAP!

• Like Like x 5
  11. joetele

joetele Non-entity

This is true. I've seen his house. Although the display room is going to look INCREDIBLE when it's finished. Also still have some of your opened bots and figures in my car!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's a great looking figure! I've reached the stage where I'm having a bit of Armada nostalgia, so could go for a few more like that.

The Entertainer in Stirling has opened and is surprisingly well stocked with Transformers, although the lone POTP figure was Hun-Grr. I'm hoping that's because they're getting set for Siege. There were some quite reasonably priced Studio Series chaps though, and I can see Lockdown coming home with me in the not too distant future...

• Like Like x 4
  13. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Beers, burgers & bots next week?

• Like Like x 2
  14. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Very tempting :) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Afraid I don't know for certain as I don't follow the Movie lines but it could be that they are due in as Kapow usually mark items 'Sold Out' prior to the Pre-Orders hitting dispatch. Probably worth keeping an eye on the listing in case.

Edit: Sorry, @joetele , I just did a quick FB search and you might be outta luck on that.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 11.12.55.png
    Looks like it could have been and gone!

• Like Like x 1
  16. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@joetele - would suspect it'll turn up in Smyths at some point in the next few months, probably in line with when Siege hits retail? - think wave 3 (voyager Ironhide/Deluxe beetle bee etc) haven't long landed there, so there's some degree of hope?..

on that theme - almost completed my TF1 autobot team over the weekend, but both copies of Ironhide in Smyths had really bad paint apps on the face - weirdly both copies had a huge splodge of blue paint over their right eyes - damn shame cos he looks great in hand.. did nab a Bee though - he's a really fun little bot - bit of a faff to get everything lined up in alt mode, but looks great when you get it all tabbed in

• Like Like x 2
  17. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Cheers folks, retail beckons...

Oh @scamper I'm pretty sure that's not a paint error on Ironhide - despite the fact almost everybody who bought him thought it was, I seem to remember it was later revealed to be movie accurate? It's on the Emgo video, top comment from the man himself:

• Like Like x 3
  18. scamper

@joetele -

fuck me gentle, never cottoned onto that.. was thinking it was a bit weird how they both had it in exactly the same place...

• Like Like x 3
  19. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ha, no worries - I only knew because of a mention in the movie thread and the comment on Emgo's video.

• Like Like x 2
  20. scamper

so, finished up my grand readthough of the IDW-verse over the weekend with the final three issues (OP 25, LL 25 & Unicron 6)

thoughts?

can see why some people might be a tad disappointed, but personally, I thoroughly enjoyed it and think it's a near perfect send-off - it was quite funny as I was chatting with my LCS owner about the modern TF run (he was curious as I'd enabled a few of his staff and had dipped into the odd spotlight years back), and it was the first time I'd actually considered the IDW-verse as a singular body of work, rather than the different threads that made it up, and I honestly think it's been a golden age in TF literature - sure, there's been mis-steps here and there (art on Heart of Darkness anyone?), but there's been so many home-runs it's ridiculous - I still think that the '-Ation' series would work as the basis for a new live-action trilogy ( who knows, maybe that's where the 'bee movie is heading?), and the first 'season' of MTMTE is possibly my most-read TF comic - but then there's moments for reflection and musing on morality (RID, Ex-RID & OP) which add weight to the lighter moments, which might not immediately seem all that great in comparison, but when taken in context of the greater universe, it's a great counterpoint.

it'll be missed...

• Like Like x 11