The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    This weeks Who was so bad RTD could have written it. It was a pointless mess. Up until now I'd been mostly enjoying it - even the spiders - but it looks like next week's will be just as clumsy too :S

• Like Like x 1
  2. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    They were all locked in American-stereotype’s panic room at the end. To slowly starve to death. Because that’s more humane, right? Congratulations Doctor, you didn’t use a gun!

There was no actual resolution to be found, nothing was done about the toxic waste (seriously?) that was creating the mutant spiders. They just left, and for all they know, the hotel was overrun again a week later because they never actually dealt with the problem.

I clocked out on last week’s episode after they announced that the Men in Black alien, the most dangerous thing to ever live ever, was called a Puh-Ting. And if you thought the no-guns message was preachy, try learning lessons about fatherhood by devoting 40% of the runtime of this epic space-opera to a guy giving birth and saying he doesn’t want the baby!

This season has truly been groundbreaking in terms of storytelling subtleties.

• Like Like x 1
  3. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

Morning gang - hope we survived the weekend largely intact?

always a good start to the week when there's a Kapow parcel waiting for you at work - IF Steel Lucifer - good times!

eagerly waiting for them to update the general siege voyagers stock so I can burn through a bit of birthday money.. they look soooooo nice...

• Like Like x 4
  4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Want a laugh at my expense? I've had a G.I.Joe Rise of Cobra Night Raven on sale on eBay and it just won't sell. I'm gonna sell it elsewhere now so it's gonna be delisted, but have a copy of my item description for posterity.

GI Joe Night Raven.jpg

'Here is Hasbro's Cobra Night Raven from their 2009 Rise of Cobra film line, complete and unbroken.

Includes the Air Viper (v3) pilot figure, all 12 missiles and all wing/rudder/plane parts.

*Siiiiigh*

Did you know, that this is now the 4th time I've listed this. The guy who won this first at £37? Didn't pay.

When I relisted it the same guy (shoulda blocked his ass the first time) won it for £20 and paid (finally), but when I tried to send it (for £3.45) I was told by the post office guy that the box is OVER (as in above, as in heavier than) 2KG and would cost me almost £18 to send. So, I'd made a mistake, but I figured, me asking him to pay the difference (considering he'd already stiffed me of £17) wouldn't be too out of line, but the dude didn't want to pay the extra so I refunded him and cancelled the auction. He negged me, but eBay agreed that yes I'd made a mistake, but y'know shit happens. Neg, gone.

The next time I relisted it with the correct postage cost another fella questioned my postage price, the price I got DIRECTLY FROM THE MOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE GUY IN THE POST OFFICE, and he offered me £37 (or thereabouts) posted for it. I said, it's listed at £10, why not just bid on it and maybe you'll get it for a tenner? So he did and he won it. For a tenner. Plus that £18 postage... which now still questions and doesn't want to pay. That's right, he won it for a tenner less than his initial offer and STILL complained. So after a couple of days of bull I cancelled the order and here we are.

Again.

That's the last time I try to be 'nice' to a random eBayer. This jet? Is cursed.

When packed the jet is OVER 2KG, so, ACCORDING TO THE POSTMAN AT THE POST OFFICE postage within the UK will be £18 (as it will have to go through Parcelforce). But you know what? I'll make this EASY. FREE POSTAGE WITHIN THE UK NOW! BY GRABTHARS HAMMER, WHAT A SAVINGS.

International buyers welcome, but will be shipped via eBays Global Shipping Program. But here's the 'funny bit' it won't be free to you international buyers! GSP WILL ACTUALLY COST MORE MONEY ON TOP OF THE SALE PRICE. AND 'I' DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PRICE WILL BE, AS IT'S SET BY EBAY'S GSP.

If your country is not serviced from the UK by the GSP I will be sending it via INTERNATIONAL TRACKED AND SIGNED. Because right now? I don't trust any of you people.

• Like Like x 17
  5. Ukmets

Ukmets Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Lost light hot flame could be mine today. Royal mail says delivery today with no hint of any charges.
    As long as someone is home when it comes. Will post pictures later if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 6
  6. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This is peak Kit :D 

• Like Like x 6
  7. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, I've managed to balls up my finances a mere five days in the month. Fortunately I have those He-Man & Skeletor Pops that I've been on the fence about keeping, so to ebay they go!

In totally unrelated news, I've paid for Flywheels so here's hoping his arrival won't be too far in the future!

• Like Like x 4
  8. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Quality listing there Kit. I hadn't realised how much you get shafted by the Parcelforce costs if you go through the Post Office, the business rates are so much lower (as you'd expect).

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the Terrorcon limbs from Amazon, after looking on Smyths website, they were only showing stock in stores that are over 50 miles from me. Since it worked at around £18 per figure off Amazon, the money I'll save on fuel makes it worth it. I mean it's daft that I can source these things from the other side of pond for less than I can get them for here in the UK :crazy: 

• Like Like x 5
  9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    You obviously didn't explain it enough to them.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Soon as I see him for under £80 I'll get him too...and will never ever transform him. :D 

[​IMG]

Couple o' new robits from that Nate Phoenix smasher. G-G-G-Granville has the usual detached tread/backpack issue - easily fixable with some nail varnish or summat - and is floppy as hell, so will need tightening almost everywhere, but I can't complain for £25.

Same goes for Prime - CW Prime with Spiritual Leadership kit already attached, sold as a junker for £10 because one of the tiny balljoints that hold his chest on is broken - a fixer upper with loose knees, but I'm confident I can fix him up good.

Guess I'll be buying the SND kit for Prime as well now, since I've a spare CW Prime :D 

Oh, and Mrs Ottertron is bringing me home POTP Cutthroat tonight. Hopefully I can afford Sinnertwin and Hun-Gurrr next week and I'll have me first ever combiner :D 

• Like Like x 12
  11. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Its utter madness isn't it, however you have enabled inspired me to do the same myself. Having not been able to find Blot or Rippersnapper anywhere and -whilst I initially had no intention of completing Abominus- having randomly picked up the other three at various points, I just have to finish him off now, his colour scheme is just too good!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Got invoiced for the Maketoys Divine Shooter (Apex armour guy) the other day, so that should hopefully arrive any day now. MP Movie Ironhide also appears to be imminent, so that’s something to look forward to as well.

Oh, and I went to a Christmas market yesterday...
    AF1DB5FA-2080-45F7-A34B-584F018D1F69.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Mmmmm chocolatey. I'd have said hes more like the Milk-Tray Con. "All because the fembot loves..."

Jaysus wept, that Jet may actually be cursed dude. If it makes you feel any better I had a package denied because I'd marked the weight on the label as 1kg, and when I brought it to the post office, it was shocklingly 1.03kg. The wonderful jobsworth behind the counter told me they'd have to charge me extra, and then had a 'computer says no' moment. So off home to reprint the label.

Best part is, the cost for a 1kg medium parcel and a 2kg parcel is the fecking same. o_O 

So I also got my invoices for Megs, Prime and Flywheels on Saturday. I was a tad concerned when I didn't get invoices for the rest of the deluxes, but if you lads are all in the same boat, I guess there must be method to this madness.

I see Seibertron are claiming leader 3 in WFCS as being Optimus. Has that been known for a while, because its news to me. What are we thinking, PMOP re-do or something a bit more elaborate?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no amendment/fixing skills up against most denizens of this community,
    but it did amuse and impress....myself......that after picking up this fella yesterday for a few quid, I then managed,
    (thanks mainly to my semi-professional whittling skills), to adapt a piece of bathroom tile (plastic so cut-able, slightly soft so gives some friction, cheap as it was leftovers), to temporarily replace his missing arm screw assembly so his arm stay DSC_1259.JPG s on.
    nice.

Siege? not yet, will it hit the shops...don't reckon on it.....we shall see.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I've seen speculation that the unknown leader figure possibly beginning with G could be Galaxy Force Prime possibly sharing some design and/or engineering with Mags. There are those bits on Mags that look a LOT like GF Prime's leg guns too. I guess we'll see!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I saw similar stuff for crazy prices at a Carboot sale on Sunday - they had giant size Bumblebees and Giant size Silver Knight Optimus too (all terrible quality) - but maybe some poor kid might get given them for xmas and I can pick them up next year for £1 at a car boot. LOL

Oh and today Quidco has a £2.50 off £5.00 spend cashback offer on any retailer the cover (ideal for ebay).

ends midnight.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ukmets

Ukmets Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was sceptical I'd get mine as it was around £55 and I won't be transforming him either.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I mean, GF Prime would be a nice change of pace from the standard G1 Prime stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm kind of expecting some form of Star Convoy to tie in with the Micromaster theme - Ultra Magnus could probably adapted into that reasonably easily.

I'd be very happy with this, although it really would have to go some to beat the original. It's easily one of the best Prime's ever!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Wooo!!!! Shipping notice for my MFT Huffer has come through! Now to play the waiting game.

• Like Like x 2