The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Zaltron

Zaltron Well-Known Member

Hi, can you let me know what item you are waiting for? or you can email us ([email protected]) with your relevant order reference number so that we can take a look for you.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Sideswipe appears to have poseable feets

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Loving the Beast!
    [​IMG]

Still amazed Warden and Co. managed to take this terrible fanwanky conceit and made it sing!

My Lego bits came today but there's a little disappointment as experimenting with the wee red sword hilts has proven I can't quite trim them down to Quickswitch helmet horns with as good a finish as I'd like to get him all horned up (plus my cowardice as his newly-red helmet is too nifty looking to mash with a bad gluing too). Too much stress marking from cutting, and unevenness as they are a softer plastic. I did try though, sometimes the bear eats you.
    That and they've sent me a 2x2 studded plate, not the tile I ordered so I can't do Percy's larger circuit from the Toyhax sticker set. Meshugganah!
    Ah, well at least Octopunch has a gun and Longtooth has his additional one so that's all my wee Pretenders fully armed and loaded for bear, melee or ranged!

AND there's a Cog in the pipe, hopefully in Wave 1 to boot!
    [​IMG]

Now is most definitely a time to be appreciative!

• Like Like x 6
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Read the rest of the IDW Drift TPB and enjoyed the story with him & Ratchet.

Having now had a good look at both I prefer the earlier look for Drift as opposed to the MTMTE redesign and think MMC did a decent job of taking the shitty Cybertronian alt mode from the Spotlight and redesigning it into something more visually pleasing and overall think the character is decent.

I would love MMC to make an IDW Ratchet and would also add Dai Atlas to that list.....only they're already doing the boyo!:) 

SDCC = I admittedly haven't had a proper look at all the pics yet but nothing from the Transformers stuff I've seen so far is saying "Buy me!".

The only thing I've seen from the Hot Toys display so far that's of intrest is the Infinity War Rocket & Groot set which is already pre-ordered. Way too much Star Wars and Marvel characters from movies I don't care about :rolleyes: 

Mezco have showed a prototype Lockjaw for their 1:12 line that's coming in a 2-pack with Black Bolt which isn't currently scheduled for release until Winter 2019 so I have plenty of time to make a decision on that....I want to see what alternate head/face options they do for both.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    How about:

Reaction: just fucking make both and don't argue Hasbro!

?

As to all the reveals thus far? Fuck off whingers, it's buy all the way!!!!

• Like Like x 13
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Too right!

Also cannot wait (but I will) for my beautiful, buff, Insectoid, red son!
    [​IMG]
    Realising just how G1 but better proportiones and IN THE FUTURE both his modes are, and that the stock photographer pretty much picked the worst pose and angle for that glorious grinning beetle-thing!

GET IN MY MOUTH!

• Like Like x 15
  7. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

Really want that OP now. Hoping for the 'Cons to bring us good offerings for Screamer and Shockers. And hey, if Megs is an improvement over the TR one I'll bite for that too.

Magnus is cool, but I do want the MTMTE flavouring. Well, maybe I can snag a cheaper one second hand if the Geewunners start selling theirs off for the Siege guy.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    FUCK, YEAH! GALSTALT STILL ON THE CARDS!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  9. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

They do look good, I was looking at the Red truck (the one with the missile launcher) and wondering who it could be, thinking maybe Hosehead. I wasn't expecting Ironhide, I'm pleasantly surprised.

It's looking like we're getting half the members micromaster patrols, hopefully we'll get the other members later down the line.

• Like Like x 5
  10. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

fuck! - is that Ironhide in the background?

double fuck - is that half of the rescue patrol?

sorry wallet, I know I promised you a rest, but papa needs new micromasters..

• Like Like x 12
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Wow, yes, WFC 2.0 is shaping up to be very nice indeed.

Questions:

1. Who is Cog?
    2. And I don't know if this has already been answered, but is he going to be a standalone release, or are Hasbro doing a build-a figure thing like they do with the Marvel figures?

• Like Like x 4
  12. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    There's speculation in Magnus being a white Prime in armour, in one of the pics it does look like there's an inner robot foot, but if there is it'll be different to the regular Prime as the alt mode cab is different.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Cog is a drone for Fortress Maximus. He was two components that came together to form a singular robot that Maximus could control, to allow him to interact with regular sized transformers. Essentially, he's Maximus's version of Metroplex's Sixgun.

The amazon listing has a deluxe Cog as a stand alone release, so all evidence at the moment points to him being a proper stand alone release.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cog was a guy who was packed with Fort Max. he didn't really do anything he was just kind of two shells you put together.

Really loving WFC toys so far.

I'm sad that it does look like the Micro masters will be pairs and not 4 Packs... but knowing Hasbro the rest will come out next year.

Ultra Magnus having an RiD alt mode is a huge surprise and a welcome one at that.

All in all this looks like a really promising line

• Like Like x 9
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So much truth!

Looking at robot mode, and where her canopy is, I think I jumped the gun looks like she's got the Moonracer/Novastar engineering without the combiner peg. Looks like I might just have to double up on limb-ladies for a possible dye job.
    Which might be a good thing as I'll be needing that Ironhide as well as Hound & 'Swipe!

Fort Max's Sixgun-alike minion robot, well, half-Sixgun (the partsforming) and Slammer (he separates into two vehicles, not a pile o'guns) looks like he's gotten a Sixgun makeover to be a walking (or trundling in vehicle mode) Iron Factory-alike 5mm arsenal.
    I think the preview breakfast pics put the nail in the 'No Gasket & Grommet as that's pretty much Gasket pegged to Ironhide here sans arm cannons. Plus it looks to me like there's a peg on the blue cube part and a pair of gun barrels in his shoulder pylons so I suspect he's also got a twin barrel blaster mode even without his arms attached!
    Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 17.09.37.png

YASS!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  16. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Oh god, THE RESCUE PATROL!!!! All of this looks terrific. I love how Ultra Magnus looks so G1 in robot mode, but his Cybertronian alt mode is a homage to Car Robots (my second favourite Transformers series).

• Like Like x 11
  17. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Supposedly confirmed on another site Magnus is indeed a white Prime with armour.

• Like Like x 4
  18. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Now if this Line can russle up a Voyager Soundwave and Shockwave to match that Prime we could be looking at All Time Champ territory already.

Plus Bluestreak, Ratchet, Blaster, Any Carbot-you-like, Apeface, Snapdragon, a G1 Colours Galvatron, Countdown, Pointblank, Crosshairs.......etc, etc.

And a Cyclonus in a pear tree.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Called (stole) it!

A0DFD4C9-53F7-4215-ACA6-A8D9C1AA303F.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8