The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So uhhh. Yeah, I'm an idiot. First of all I didn't check the size of the Top Trumps against the card case, because, y'know. I'm an idiot.

[​IMG]

So aside from having to send back the 20 cases I ordered I refunded everyone who's paid me £1. Then, I requested the remainder to pay the £9 instead, which makes sense right? Right. And most people have now paid up, so thanks!

But then, I had my deck of cards on the computer table and I noticed something... something that made me feel even more stupid. Wanna know what it was?

20180613_222550.jpg

Yes, I noticed the Ocular Max Laserbeak sitting in his case. And look, it looks the same size as the Top Trumps... That's the cards in the tape case! So I had a look around and found tape cases (without spindles) that will fit the cards nicely. Now, I've already refunded people and recieved payment, and I'm not so much of a dick that I'll ask for more, cuz really? Dick move. Also, these cases work out at 60p each, which is a cost I reckon I can swallow.

However, I now have an additional 15 peeps who want cards, so I (just now) ordered another run of 20. Now THOSE people will have to pay £10 though. HAHAHAHA. God I'm so stupid. It DOES mean that I will have 5 available soon, once these go you'll have to wait for ANOTHER 15 to 20 peeps to order.

I was gonna send the post cards out tomorrow (even though I thought I would wait until TFN) but really? Why wait? Also, the more peeps who have the cards before TFN the more interest I can get for these for TFN right? You can tell I've really thought this all through. Not. Anyway, I have to wait for the cases to arrive now, but I now have an idea to make a rules sleeve for the case... something you can print out and cut out yourselves I reckon.

So yes! Confirmation that I am indeed not that bright!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  2. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Lovely as they are, i’m resisting these as i have way too much clutter i’m trying to cut down on!
    But just wanted to say, max kudos, for putting such effort and care into something for the community.

• Like Like x 6
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Prompted by the earlier chat about Gatchaman/BOTP I had a quick look on ebay on the off chance that their might be a Diamond Select Tiny on there and found one MOC for a few pence under £60 shipped from a UK seller with 100% good feedback....SOLD!

:) :) :) :) 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Snarky TV Hipster: "They took the robot rebellion and they made it boring!"

Me:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Awesomez.

How much do I owe you?

Do you want it at TFN or now?

Via what method do you want my hard earned cash?

Spell it out simply for me, it’s been a looooong day and some of my customers have been less than pleasant!

6. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

Someone needs to teach Wildrider to share. Night all.
    IMG_20180613_212256.jpg IMG_20180613_212249.jpg IMG_20180613_215219.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Some new POTP Dreadwind pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla.

News Credits:
    Primal wasn't include at all in my very tight bugdet these days but... I just ordered him. Because I deserve something nice.

Morning people. Mood is this very awesome version of Bloody Tears.

• Like Like x 5
  9. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

Happy world cup day everyone!

in a deliriously good mood today - certainly helped by the flurry of Kapow dispatch notes that appeared as I waited for my 2nd interview yesterday (went great - should here soon)

cannot wait to crack open the Terrorcons tonight...

• Like Like x 10
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Looks like the rest of the tiny Terrors will be tomorrow as tracking's only just gone live, so it's an Abomin(us)able weekend for me!

• Like Like x 4
  11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Haha, no problems. I must say I had fun doing these last year, and am now having fun getting these done. Yeah sure, if I had thought about it I would have checked the size of the playing card cases first and worked out the cassette case idea sooner, but hey, it's a learning experience eh? Bit like the calendars I suppose.

Anyway I had an actual Top Trumps game with my daughter yesterday, and it was a legit great game... well until she beat me anyway. I had Optimus Prime as a 'super card' thinking it would sway the game when I was losing but she tied strength with Devastator and then used Bumblebee's unbeatable courage to win the tied pile... and I was doomed from that point.

The point to this is I was afraid that my adherance to the original '84 stats wouldn't make a good game, but I think that my fears are unjustified. I guess I'll just have to playtest them a bit more eh? Who knows... I might work on an 85 lot next... could be good, could be tasty...

Right now I've ordered the cassette cases and am working on sleeve and budget (already tight) allowing I'll see if the printers can print out. This means there'll be a delay on these (well, really I have until TFN) but if things come together... well it'll have epic packaging to match the cards!

@Skywarp SCS, if you're picking up at TFN then Paypal £10 to me now and that's it.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Large

News Credits:
    Just put 1+1 about LL #18 being the 101th TF comic written/co-written but James Roberts.
    So the last hour or so has been:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

100 comics, 8 years, infinite love.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Prime: "Even though you picked the form you were the most happiest with in life, I can tell you're in distress. What brings you to the physical plain?"
    Primal: "He's going to break free eventually despite my efforts to keep him in the pit. I see a thriving Cybertron. One where Maximals and Predacons are united. I see my former crew doing great things. Yet I fear all this will be in ruins. That my sacrifice to free our people and homeworld from Megatron will be in vain."
    [​IMG]

Prime: "Ever since I first met you, your determination to ensure the safety of your crew was and still is remarkable. Almost mirrors myself. Though it has also kept you from fully becoming one with the Allspark back then and now the three decades following your final death."
    Primal: "You returned before during the Great War."
    Prime: "Like yourself I wasn't one with the Allspark back then. The Autobots were in grave danger even with Unicron gone. I couldn't rest then. I was resurrected and fought on until the end. Upon my final death, Cybertron was at peace and the vast majority of my team was waiting for me. I couldn't interfere with later events due to that."
    Primal: "When the time comes I don't think I'll be able to handle just watching those I care about be in peril."
    Prime: "Listen to your spark when the moment comes."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 You know what it is, I'm just Street tuff

I'm collecting mine from you Kit at TFN and please do '85

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Illogical.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  16. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Cheers man. Even though I'm not a massive fan of the the CW team, they'll still always hold a special place in my heart, as they're the point when I went all in on collecting the Generations stuff.

Yeah, it's so frustrating that this is where the Sky lynx reuse wound up. I agree with @Insurgent that Cyclonus is a much better fit.

Beautiful work my friend. Beautiful!

So like @Seeaich there's no Terrorcons in the post for me today. Maybe tomorrow...(breaks into The Littlest Hobo theme tune). And I hope they do show up tomorrow to distract me, because what I've got so far from PotP wave 3 has been disappointing!

Optimal Optimus has that same feeling that the two wave one leaders, in that photos don't seem to do the deco justice. As soon as I had my hands on the box I could see that. Classy!
    Then I opened the box and went "yeeesh!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The engineering solutions are all very well thought out and the design team have obviously out some real effort in here. But the end result still feels a bit joyless. Like a stifled yawn. "No, I'm not bored. Carry on." None of the modes works all that well. The ape mode has a massive gaping hole in his back. Massive! The surfboard trick is cool, but not when it leaves your figure without a back. The inner bot is just an awful joke. A joke that hangs off the big lad's back. It should have been Starsaber, right? They really weren't expecting this. It feels like a bit of a disservice to all the Beast Wars fans that were excited. It'd almost have been kinder not to put Optimus Primal in the running.

And I'm not that impressed with Outback or Cindersaur either. Sad face! Outback's facesculpt is very well done. But it just doesn't feel like that character I loved. It's probably an incredibly petty and fussy thing to pick at, but I loved Outback in the run up to TF:UK #100. Now this may just be QC issues on the figures I received, but both of them seemed to suffer a peculiar mixture of stiffness in joint and tabbing and incredibly easy limb popping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And while I'm complaining let's talk about the mess that is CW Menasor.

Bot of the day!

I always thought G1 Menasor would have made a better Autobot. He's got that whole handsome, well proportioned thing going on. Plus, you know...cars. The unintended consequence of making him a 'Con is that he looks a bit meek compared to Bruticus. But perhaps that's not fair. He's a pretty solid, compact Scramble City combiner.
    Something you could never say about CW Menasor.
    I know the individual limbs are well thought of, but man he sucks when you put them altogether. I like that they've given him the demonic horns, but that is literally the only positive I can find. Blackjack seems to self eject whenever you tab him on, Deadend separates at the wrist if you try and make him hold the sword and those hips make T:30 Metroplex look robust. A floppy, irritating mess. BAH HUMBUG!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  17. Large

News Credits:
    Thank you very much @barry old mate ! There were some covers where it was really hard to chose between variants, but still fun to make in the end.

You're scaring me about Primal... I'll let my fingers crossed thinking about how the wave 1 leaders have plenty of flaws but somehow manage to be absolute fun. Here's hoping !
    Can't wait august for the Terrorcons though.

Menasor ? Always loved his design (and obvioulsy the individuals characters, especially Dead End), and for a time he really was impressive. Superion needed Omega help to defeat him for their first encounter, he punched Bruticus into the ground and saved Meg's ass, and of course he was in Trans Europe express, an episode I always loved for some reasons (Kratwerk maybe ?)
    Here's a very accurate recreation of one of its scenes.

[​IMG]

Oh and just finished catching up with Atlanta. Some really impressive episodes.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

• Like Like x 5
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

Got that on mine. It seriously makes menasor a fantastic combiner and one well worth owning. Only issue i have with it is i can't fit his head in the cavity in alt mode. Don't know if his horns move, but given how thin they are, i don't want to try.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My DPD driver doesn't know how flat doors work (Yes you have too hear the buzzer at the buttons for it too work) so I guess I'll get my Terrorcons tomorrow T_T

• Like Like x 1