The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Hip examination conducted, and, touch wood, it does indeed appear that a half hour of compression and a bit of messing with was plenty of time and effort to break in the springs' initial toughness. Really glad I asked you lot and didn't compress 'em overnight now! The Teal "Plus sign" post of his left hip looks unstressed in there so I'm gonna leave the other hip alone as it seems equally mobile and easy to rotate. No scary cracking from either of 'em now!
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall mostly be sighing with relief this morning. *Sigh*

• Like Like x 10
  2. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

so, got POTP Starscream in a few days ago - finally stopped drooling over lego long enough to unbox him - and yes, there are some ridiculous proportions on him ( Pinhead, popeye arms and moonboots), but I actually quite like him - he's chunky in almost an Armada-ish way, has a simple enough transformation, once you figure out there are a couple of panels on the inner leg you need to open before you compress the legs down, and poses relatively well - not yet got to torso mode, but I'm certainly looking forward to giving it a go tonight...

• Like Like x 6
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 6
  4. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I wonder how well studio series Blackout would go with Masterpiece Barry?

• Like Like x 1
  5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    We are getting an MP @barry ? First UK Thread MP and it's not Shitbot?!!

Well that is quite some achievement fella and I don't mind admitting I'm envious. But will it be G1 @barry or the new fangled Barrington Womble who, let's be charitable, is a bit of an imposter and can't hold a candle to G1 @barry ?

• Like Like x 14
  6. joetele

joetele Non-entity

You fell into my trap there. (that's also what she said)

My wife is in America all this week and, despite her usual stance of "please destroy your Transformers/I'd rather you didn't buy them", she sent me a pic from a TRU there and said "anything you're after let me know" -- the best thing there was a Starscream so I said it'd be nice but not to worry, save some space in the suitcase for presents for my son. Lo and behold she bought it anyway!

Getting a transformer from my wife is a HUGE deal. I can never ever sell it.

• Like Like x 16
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm probably not really qualified to speak to this, but what the fuck. Somewhat counter intuitively, the G1 Barry had better articulation - being able to touch his toes and get out of bed with out groaning about his back, while the MP version is bound to have much better detail in his sculpting, clearly showing every crease and wrinkle on his face, which much better paint apps on his head to include the grey hair rather than just an all over wash of dark brown.

Both are pure shite and will get you fuck all on eBay. LOLZ TO SCALPERS!

• Like Like x 16
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I really think Screamer wouldn't have copped for as much hate if not for the shitty stickers, moulding the forearm guards in blue instead of grey, and those beetlecrusher toecaps, oh, and of course not release a V1 that was pretty much a flawed proto. An IDW-ised Seeker bod with a dash of Dreamwave proportions that can also combine? What's not to love? It's a great bit of toy but even as a convert to the mould in-hand the delivery was definitely fumbled (and I'm talking about Hasbro here not the DPD Meltdown Disaster).
    A properly-locking wingpack makes all the difference, and everything seems a bit more tolerance tweaked on my V2. The only downside is it is a right bugger to retract his regular head for torso mode, even after I shaved some flashing off it!
    DSC_0027 (1).JPG
    His stickers were even the best applied I've seen so far, which is why he isn't stripped yet.
    And, yes, I did swap his lower arms out because I couldn't be arsed repainting the new forearm guards!
    I was going to try sell on my V1 at a loss (£15 plusP&P) but I dunno who'd even pay that for the swinging backpack. If you can, get a V2
    SHAZBOT! I wasn't gonna spend any more on TFs this month but the Brawn/Roadburn Wave for 20 squids would get me a 'Bee to try Bumper-ing, plus I've had a Brainwave about what to do with a spare Brawn, Hmmm...

EDIT:
    Forgot to add my latest massive sigh of relief that I still saved a Tenner and postage despite Team Andy's generously discounted sale price Trypticon! *PHEW!*

EDIT II:
    Just spotted Fort Max for the same prices as Tryptie though. Oof!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

2 songs that're currently meaning a LOT to me,

"Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden

(Always liked the song but since I've stepped out of the fog I was in for so long I've realised it's general theme of stop worrying about the past as NOW is the best time makes a shitload of sense.)

"The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac

(It's in GOTG2 which is one of my go to movies when I need to escape, but upon further thinking about it the chains that have been keeping my life on hold are weakening to the point they'll eventually break, some of them already have.)

KAPOW SALE! = Possible enablement on something I hadn't previously planned on getting.

T-Beasts are something that're tempting despite the scale as they're so different and could fit into my other Beastformer displays. Sideswipe looks great but I'd probably only get it if they do a Sunstreaker to go with it and I also really like the wolf Wheeljack design.

• Like Like x 11
  10. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

must've either lucked out or got a V2 screamer as I've had no issues with the backpack being loose at all - and yeah, the stickers are actually pretty well applied too...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Like techno trapped inside a microwave, my mind is in there being spun on a plate

• Like Like x 6
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You can tell for sure by looking at the sides of the red port of the wings' rotational joint, if they are slots not solid-sided you deffo have a V2.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Beast Machine @barry is the real deal. I can tell you.
    I won't spoil you what he transforms into, but I know in what mode it turns me on.

Ahem.

I love Fleetwood Mac, I adore the chain, GOTG2 is a movie I didn't expect but turns out I needed it in my life (fun fact, it's the first MCU I ever saw) and I love it so much for all the good things it achieves to do, and fuck me who knew The Chain could be so damn good and cathartic in a fight scene a Dragon Ball live action movie wishes it can achieves.

Considere your post liked 1000 times.

And now for something completly different.
    I consider myself pretty well versed in the Video game Musics area. I've got thousands of them, I study its history, the people behind it, I love hunting for obscures and even got friends who make some.
    So it's amazing that to this very day, it's always the same one that I whistle all the time, anywhere, on and on and on, that I hum without thinking as soon as I find myself at the post office or at the grocery store... the same one, for years, over and over.
    It's not even a super favorite of mine or from my favorite game on the platorm or one I play regulary, it's just stuck in my head since forever, it's too darn well catchy goddammit, it won't ever leave.
    And yeah me and my kid brother playing that game for countless hours in the back of the car surely has something to do with it.

It just never leaves.

Oh and while that game isn't in my GB top 15, it's very right behind, I just played the fan made DX version (so, in full colors) and you wouldn't waste time by trying it.
    It's still very fun to play, addictive, and too goddamn catchy musiiiiiiic.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Anybody in the market for the right arm & leg of an Armada Omega Supreme?

CA235E73-A3B1-49F2-B313-A930C39F5B35.jpeg
    A96CD2DC-D6EC-467A-8E39-5BC2FDD18241.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is far from the worst thing I've ever been called.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    .....in slightly singed pieces, possibly with some kind of strange alien residue on it too if Omuamua turns out to be what some think it is...

• Like Like x 6
  18. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Never a nightscream had been so worthy.

[​IMG]

That Aubrey Plaza moment (you're welcome) reminds me... Hey, Netflix France, you know how there's so much stuff that deeply suck in the world these days, like, really, and I mean, it would be very kind of you and helpful if you would FINALLY PUT PARK AND REC ON !
    That'd be great, thanks.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Oh man, how did I miss that? At least someone on here has their comedy hat on :) 

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Thanks to selling Hot Toys Starlord this morning I was just enabled by the mention of a Kapow sale into buying those wee Mr Moon Blaster and Percy legends. Also possibly getting Maketoys Meteor too. So much for me promising myself I wouldn't buy any more robits for a bit. Siiiiiiiigh.

• Like Like x 3