The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd definitely recommend them, great to fiddle with

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought it was more Beast Hunters Smokescreen with the bulky shoulders and flat chest myself, either works though

Congratulations, money coming in is always good

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up! I've ordered 2! I reckon I'll have to purchase the Dr Wu add on Gatling gun and 'shoes'!

4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Just ordered the MFT Green Diaclone suit. The freebie Springer sweetened the deal.

• Like Like x 8
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just occurred to me that the new issue of LL goes up on iTunes at midnight! I’m oddly excited for this one. Maybe it’s just seeing Milne and Roberts back together again (for the first time)!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Congrats, @Ottertron, WELCOME (back) to the WOooooORLD OF EMPLOYMENT!!!

Well, that makes me feel better about finding his design initially indeterminate.

Been on a Bradford Run to check out the carrion corpse of TRU and there was naught but dread. I left with nothing but a new Rewind to Ejectify. None of the Seasprays on-peg were any better than my hooky Chinese one and his squiffy head. Then literally downhill from there, having spent £7-some at We R Dead I pop in the ASDA Living in case of Cogman to find...
    DSC_0032.JPG
    D'OH!

Still I did a wee bit to support a struggling UK Toy source, and bid good luck to the poor till lass.

Further on Big Tescos were back to being bereft of TFs, and of course Smyths still got nowt on, and most of what they have at full whack!
    Surprised (and a wee bit disappointed) but also a little chuffed to find that they only appear to have TR Voyager Megs (still at £24) and none of his wavemate, which means Ol' Optimus can still really shift units.
    I'd have caved for him if they had any at TRU because I'm thinking Standard Deco Prime might just do for a Metalhead Roddy bod but a part of me is glad he wasn't there.

Also it seems there's already a winner, got a red slip from the Postie saying a box has bounced, which means he clearly did not ring the doorbell as my room is on that side of the house, plus our doorbell rings like Notre Dame AND I was in that room at the 11AM stated on the card, the cheeky munky not trukk!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Mrs Ottertron brought me home a celebratory treat - they received spare copies of some of this week's comics over the numbers ordered so I got it early AND free!

No spoilers ;-)

• Like Like x 10
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

MS Toys have now revealed silhouettes of,

Sideswipe
    Red Alert (Has more G1 toy like arms than Sideswipe)
    Huffer
    Blaster
    Trailbreaker

That's in addition to,

Ultra Magnus
    Inferno
    Grapple
    Beachcomber
    Seaspray
    Cyclonus
    Stunticons

Think they need to slow down on the reveals and work on actual releases as it's all getting a bit Fans Toys.

• Like Like x 5
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Yes, IIRC I sold my battlefield headquarters to them a while back. All seemed a bit unusual (shipping instructions & address) but no issues.

Congrats @Ottertron! Good for you man!

I also recently had a tel interview but unfortunately, I was told my salary and experience counted against me so I didn’t get it. God, it’s so hard to get out when you really want out and difficult to pitch your CV just right!

• Like Like x 9
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I relate hard to this! It’s a high class problem obviously, but I often feel like I’m stuck in a bit of wage trap. Irritating work and daft responsibility in a role I don’t give a shite about...but the money’s alright!

• Like Like x 7
  11. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    Got the TFC Blacker in yesterday and I do think that set has been going down hill as time went on. Their Laster wasn't the best with a daft transformation but looked good and was fine. The Braver was the exact same toy reshelled but just a bit less nice, and that transformation really didn't need or deserve to be revisited. Blacker is the worst of the three. Comes in alt mode and is dense and weighty but crikey that transformation is the least fun I've had in quite a while! Plus, even if he is dense he doesn't feel high quality, in fact none of them do. I've got those boys in combined mode now and they do look the part but that's how they are staying.

I really couldn't recommend them to anyone unless you desperately need a just passable MP scale Road Caesar in your life. No I've got him sorted I'm quite looking forwards to getting him on the shelf with Star Saber and LioKaiser.

Might do some pics later, but he isn't filling me with passion and there are photos around if you need them. In fact, is there a better barometer of a toy than how excited you are to fiddle with it and show it off? 'Cos this guy fails that test hard!

• Like Like x 4
  12. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Yep, that’s how I feel; trapped in a job I now hate and couldn’t really care less about. I could take a bit of a hit on salary to get out but I do need to earn a certain amount to pay the mortgage and what have you. Still, it’s got to be better than no job so I shouldn’t grumble too much.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  13. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

Where from?

EDIT
    Never mind, I found it eventually.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Quick question, what TF size class do you enjoy the most?

For me it would be the deluxe class.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You'll get no argument from me 'bout that!
    DSC_0031.JPG
    I loved it enough to fix his chest!

Gents, this just might have been THE most satisfying paint n' sticker session ever!
    DSC_0034.JPG
    TOTAL EJECTIFICATION!
    The only fraught part was the initial Cameraectomy, luckily it went (and ended up) smoothly enough!
    The metallic blue Mr. Hobby isn't an exact match but it's nicely complementary with the labels' metallic-ish finish, and a lot less blatant original black to boot so he's not quite as much Rewind in Jock Drag.
    Final touches that get the chef's kiss are substituting bronze Sharpie for the faceplate-with-lines sticker that just isn't my bag is a nicer finish than, and a spare wee Micromaster bot symbol is the perfect way to factionalise him classically.

Oh, by the way, I omitted one thing from the Scouting Mission Report. D.O.A.RU didn't have a better Seaspray but the Entertainer did so, yes, dear reader, I did pay their extortionate rate to have him.
    DSC_0035.JPG
    All of the joy and none of the flaws of Hooky Sparespray with cleanly applied white paint apps, and a correctly aligned head that's far easier to pose but the real kicker is that's the Chinese missile launcher not just because I stickered it but as it also has the better Bot symbol app! The hilarious varience of the mass production line! :lol 

• Like Like x 15
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Luckily for me my wide and varied career has always been underpaid so I've yet to price myself out of the market.

I took a pay cut of a few grand moving to my last job entirely because I needed out of the job before very very badly as it was literally killing me.

In hindsight, my last job was a rebound job and I should never have taken it, but I was panicking and just grabbed the first other job that came along.

I don't really know what to expect with this new job but if I can live with it, it'll do. I don't have to like it, I just have to not hate it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't be the only person to keep reading this as Molotov :lol 

I did like the voyager class, but with all of them being combiner torsos, then triple changers, and now combiner torsos again, I'm not as keen. Still love T30 Rhinox and GDO Hotspot. Wish Has/Tak would go back to moulds like that.
    Currently I'm enjoying legends the most, just looking at the shelf opposite me I've got Mech Planet Soundwave leading the Hasbro insecticons against TR Cosmos, Seaspray, Mech Planet Ironhide and Bumblebee, with two of the MFT Dinos as backup. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Ayeee, Deluxe all the way! It's what 90% of my collection is comprised of. All Bots are beautiful, but generally speaking, deluxes hit that hand-candy/desk bot sweet-spot for me. Big enough to acommodate good detailing and articulation, but small enough to strike an epic pose in front of your keyboard while you talk to strangers about toys.

• Like Like x 5
  19. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits: