The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    D30E86C6-95EA-469E-BDD5-0A10A474D0D4.jpeg

Once the mrs is asleep, it shall be playtime!

• Like Like x 16
  2. PAPY OPTI

PAPY OPTI Robo friendly

Damn everyone is getting Sunstreaker and mine isn’t sent yet. Sad Papy is sad.

I haven’t sold my Sunsurge yet. And it may never happen as there could be some place for both? Also I like his face, hope a toy one will come out someday for MP-39. We’ll see...

... MMC Cynicus & Anarchus are still avaible though, see in my sig! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yes that could definitely do, thanks for the idea.
    :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Large

Large Currently blablabla.

News Credits:
    Patience brother, You'll... Yeah no, sorry, I waited 3 weeks for LG Misfire to arrive and it drove me nuts. I'm not gonna bullshit you with the vertue of patience and the reward blablablah, you'd just want to punch me :lol 

I feel you about Sunsurge. As much as I love Sunny here, Surgy was a nice fill in, a great one even. I'm gonna give it to a friend, and my old Sideswipe to another one.
    I just need 2 friends who cares about Transformers toys.

• Like Like x 6
  5. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    @Large yes, what this man sez. Very interested to get a first hand review.

• Like Like x 2
  6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A friend of mine is now playing on the carpet with TR Sixshot.

He's 22 :lolol 

• Like Like x 6
  7. Large

Large Currently blablabla.

News Credits:
    He's awesome.

There.

Ok ok, kidding. Even though I honestly don't know what to say more than that, i mean, it depends on if you already have the Hasbro one.
    It's the same case as Triggersmile and Lolfire, there is really no "better" version to me, it's mostly a feeling about the color, the little details, and of course, one come with a Targetmaster (it's a big +).
    Takara one feels VERY solid, have to say that my Hasbro version was a biiit sloppy, but all in all, two very very great toys. Hasbro or Takara, each one of the trio is a pure joy to look at and handle, I feel like they surpass themselves with those 3, and once they're together -once again, Takara or Hasbro- you can't help but getting a massive feeling of satisfaction. Incredible.
    I maaaaay prefer the blue of Takara but the Hasbro turquoise is really great too so... It's really a case of not feeling guilty AT ALL to collect 2 versions of 3 toys. No regret at all, just pure pleasure.
    If it wasn't for Quake, this trio would be my favorite toy thing of 2017, just right above Tyrantron and Phoenix.
    yup, this good.

I'd do some comparison shots but I have to go, nith at work, hospital in the morning and all... So I'd be happy to do it tomorrow evening !
    Even if somebody is kind enough to do it before.

All in all: GO GET HIM.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That mentality, eh? Emphasis on mental!
    "I'm fed up of these people obsessively crossposting the same pictures, therefore I shall violate the site rules to obsessively crosspost complaints about obsessive crossposting!"
    Berk.

*Sigh* For a Tuesday today has been one heck of a Monday.
    Kicking off with a massive artic powering past my bus stop with enough plough through the roadside puddle to drive a deluge into it, and right up the back of my calf despite angling myself appropriately behind the shielding central panel. Glad I wear boots not shoes.
    Then some poor 80-year-old old duffer goes down like a sack of potatoes getting off the bus 15 minutes walking distance from work with 15 minutes and counting to go until my shift start. Then just as I think I'd better make a dash for it, the driver, the old feller and another old couple unintentionally bar my way as I tried to get off.
    Luckily the bus shortly got under way and I got in to work in time, barely in time but in time.
    Thankfully the rest of the shift was uneventful, until the tail end where it became apparent there were some road travel issues between work and Huddersfield which ended up with me having to work over 15-20 minutes to sort out the latecomers, which with cashing up meant running over half an hour later, which with public transport meant getting home about an hour later.
    And to top it off Mum forgot to put the extra cheese on me pizza she asked if I wanted when she rang to see why I was running late.
    Oooh, I could have wrestled an action man!

No counterbalancing boons yet either as, in regards to my LG Bee, Roy L. Mail claims he is still waiting to receive him (so if there's no movement tomorrow I may have to ask Andy to chase that up, or at least ask if it could feasibly still be among stuff still due for RM pickup), and a package from abroad is in the UK but betwixt London & here still. I can't complain about the dark grey 1x1 round Lego tiles I got off Ebay for use as non-invasive 5mm port implants 'cause I only bought 'em yesterday but my official start to the year certainly feels rather retrograde nonetheless.

If this is 2018 it can sod right off!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So basically now's the time to get a cheap Sunsurge is what I'm hearing.

Anywho, my Ultra Jetstorm turned up today! That was a big surprise and LORDY IS HE PRETTY. Oh so pretty and weird looking. He's hanging out with my Masterpiece and Leader toys at the moment because fucking hell is he huge! And pretty.

With @tikgnat's advice I applied floor polish to the chrome, it's a little flaked but I;d say about 90-95% intact.

Now just gotta hope @Loosecannon found that spare shark missile of his.

DID I MENTION HE'S PRETTY?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Excellent! Thank you! I'm hoping mine gets sent out this week! My last TR figures. Gasp and sigh!

It's all elaborate bluff and counter bluff and it's @tikgnat that's creating an alt to cross post pictures of Gnaw and Slash looking out a window and then creating another one to complain about cross posting. All so he can come here and say that the UK thread is the bestest most civilier and nicerest of all threads. Sick sad world.

Christ chief, hope that's a false start and the year gets...kinder form here on out.

• Like Like x 9
  11. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    And speaking of mental, there's a thread in the 3P Cesspit where one.......Bright Spark/Dim Bulb has stated (s)He needs advice on which Not-Hoist to purchase (for cheeps of course) as MMC's version "sucks ass" and charming turn of phrase aside the explanation for coming to this conclusion is that the figure has "accessories that break easy and a loose foot not ideal."

I'm at that point where I have no words left to express just how fucking overentitled that sounds. But I'm getting a pretty good idea as to why The Orange hasn't been impeached yet.

• Like Like x 12
  12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's true, I am a monster. If I had to type myself as a villain it would be the great Reverend Jonathan Whirley. Stoking the fires, playing off everybody against each other and stealing the best Bait mates for myself.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @barry I realise that it has mainly being a sequence of increasingly frustrating events and nothing serious but there's something about these runs incremental trivial bits of buggeration straight out of a sitcom except in real life that exacerbates the irritation.
    It feels so much like there's some bugger somewhere sat back laughing at you! *Shakes fist in various cardinal directions to cover the bases*

I consoled myself with a few final tweaks thanks to various holofoil spare from some different TR Toyhax sets to give El Primo Primitive/Delta Magnus' base mode a final sprucing tweak.

DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG DSC_0037.JPG

A truly Based Base Mode FTW!
    Now tomorrow is another day, or at least it damned well better be!
    *Shakes fist in various cardinal directions to cover the bases*

• Like Like x 11
  14. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

I heard this in the style of @tikgnat ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  15. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Zodiac Toys (Bexleyheath branch was my local) was great, have fond memories of drooling over their D&D figure selection as a littlun. Anyone remember the Zodiac comic, with the Scarebears?!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Hoo, boy! Episode 9 of Titans Return is back to the dumb as a bag of rocks territory of Combiner Wars, they have truly mastered the art of getting the plot where they want to go narratively in the most idiotic way possible nearly every time. Fort Max facing off Trypticon's atomic breath with his wee helipad cannon and not his massive shin guns is the least of it, I'm starting to feel IQ points being shaved off the further we get into it, and it almost started out slightly more tolerable but even Proper Cullen and Jason David Frank's enthusiasm can't save this dreck.

• Like Like x 5
  17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spent all evening messing with Sunstreaker and taking his photo. The things we do for love, eh?

Here he is hanging out with the season 2 crowd.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And this is the cartoon that is actually aimed at us collectors, it's insulting, especially when every other Transformers cartoon wouldn't have dragged this out this long due to poor edit etc, they should have wrapped up the Trypticon fight and moved on to something else, yeah I know they have budget restrictins but if they had just done Trypticon then the whole lead into POTP they set up with Overlord then it could actually be interesting to watch.

Not to mention the 20 year old animation from Beast Wars manages to be more fluid, better choreographed and less jerky. That fly around of Fort Max at the start, incredible how poor it looks.

Do they even have a voice director?

• Like Like x 4
  19. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beautiful photo!

• Like Like x 2
  20. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    My sisters were asking for ideas for birthday presents for me...and much to the inevitable chagrin of my wife, of course I had to send them links for Kapow stock....here's hoping they order in time for @Red leader to send them on their merry way ahead of the festivities.

Received a lovely Botcon Shattered Glass Stepper from @Loosecannon yesterday - he'll be my deskbot today so I shall try and take some pics.

I've got a few things for sale at the moment if anybody still has money left to spend...(offers welcome and deals on multiples)

Thrilling 30 IDW Bumblebee (complete with comic and instructions) £11 posted
    Beast Hunters Soundwave £10 posted
    RID Small Strongarm (from battle pack but no minicon or armour) £6 posted
    Beast Hunters Wheeljack £10 posted
    AoE deluxe Drift £7 posted
    RID Skorponok £8 posted
    RID Skywarp £9 posted
    Beast Hunters Dreadwing £7 posted

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018