The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Been a bit since I've took a picture of this awesome figure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Yeah I went Takara too.
    Then some ass here *cough* @Seeaich *cough* started posting cheap links making me sad.

FB showed me this old pic of mine. Such a nice look. Not the easiest of transformation

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I think buying before everyone else and still not having mine yet is penance plenty. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Sweet sweet irony C

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I am both amused and frustrated. :lol :mad 
    Amstrated.
    Or perhaps Frumused.
    There'd better be some left field benevolent TF karma, I say.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    AWESOME!!! Great work as usual dude!!

So glad to hear it worked out dude!!
    After the misery of breaking a toy, it's really quite rewarding fixing them.
    Well played sir :thumb 

Much awesomeness crammed into that pic!!

WOAH!! What's the story with that beautiful looking Drift? How much and when?

939.gif

All them beautiful translucent toys **drools**

• Like Like x 6
  7. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Huzzah! Thanks to @Seeaich I have a shiny new Slugslinger waiting for me when I get home from the airport tomorrow.

Know what I don't have though? My goddamn TR Arcee from HTS! Almost two weeks later and she still hasn't shipped. Apparently there was something about the card I ordered with that didn't gel with their system, but they failed to let me know that until this morning, just before I had to pack to come home. Grr. So I've had to leave some shipping cash with my girlfriend so she can send Arcee on when she finally (if ever) arrives. I'm glad HTS doesn't deliver to the UK. I don't think I could stand the hassle on a regular basis.

But hey, I picked up a loose, complete Classics Prime for $40 on this trip, and a TR Kup for $16 so it wasn't a total bust on the collecting front :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    That is flame toys Drift, it’s a fully licensed super articulated non transformable collectible figure slated for December/January release to the tune of 300$

Flame toys has contracted the high end toy manufacturer sentinel to produce the toy, with chemical attack responsible for the design work, they also have a tarn in the works

I wish I could justify buying it as it looks incredibly awesome

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    Thank you for the birthday wishes guys <3

• Like Like x 6
  10. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Thanks Rob, that's very generous of you but I know I have some somewhere, just got to make the time to look for them! I'll give you a shout if I can't find them. :thumb 

11. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yes! That’s the bit from Miami Vice when the original car gets blown up by a bazooka :D 

One of my favourite tv shows ever

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    @motorthing, yeah my Slugslinger card was squished into the box. I open anyway so matters nowt to me but yeah, something to bear in mind. Although, it might just be the ones that got sent out at that time... remember when TRU was fulfilling MP-10 online orders and ran out of boxes and started sending them in a plastic bag?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

That’s handy to know, we’re at the same sort of costing arena; fingers crossed yours will get through hassle free. I might have to spend some time learning how to use taobao and bhiner.....

Great stuff as always mate, although I’m fairly confident you could get dynamic poses out if Energon Wingsaber...

Do you have the T30 Arcee? If so how’s the new one compare and any plans to do comparison shots? I’m not saying it’s a bad toy, far from it, that mould is great, I’m just not convinced she needed updating if that makes sense?

• Like Like x 3
  14. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Agreed on Reach figures being the best, even if they also suffered some of the usual flaws - overall, good sculpting and paint (apart from some of the MP Spartans' paint apps). I wish the entire line had been the 6" scale though. And it gave us lots of nice vehicles as well. Shame it didn't extend to diorama sets.

Reach is one of my favourites too, possibly the favourite - the campaign was pretty much flawless. As much as I love Combat Evolved, there are a few levels that are either repetitive or hard to find your way around. Halo 2's campaign is another favourite but severely truncated, and Halo 3 is also excellent but with a few flaws...Reach is just solid set piece after set piece, in more varied locations, with an excellent siege mechanic to some of the levels. Plus the interaction between the team is excellent, and any game where your about-to-die partner drops you out of a spaceship in space into a planet's surface is fairly special. ODST was also a great campaign if a bit dark.

Now I'm tempted to reacquire the members of noble team...probably easier than trying to find all the Mega Bloks versions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think it's Hasbro 'updating' a figure but just releasing a figure every line for a character... if you see what I mean. Every single line features at least one Optimus Prime and Bumblebee nowadays, so I guess Hasbro are trying to widen that roster where they know we'll buy it and I guess with Arcee as one of the few lone female characters she's one of them?

I'm guessing the TR Arcee is gonna be recieved in the same way that TR Brainstorm was (haha remember when this guy was 'rare'?) if you don't mind the fact she's a retool or TR Blurr then she's pretty great? Hrm. I do want one, for that Magnus Titan Master too...

But again I can't use my Paypal account right now because I need that money for the calendars/postage. Ha! Look at me! Being responsible. Maybe I shuld take everyones money and go on a trip to Vega... uuuh no. Maybe I won't. Actually, I woke up yesterday and that nightmare was still unfolding over there. Absolutely crazy. I want to know what that guys motive was, because as far as I can tell, he didn't have one.

I digress. Robits! Keep me distracted from the very real problems out there. I want another Havex Machine. I may go to a Smyths today or tomorrow. For shits and giggles. Why not eh?

Edit
    I dunno if they were 6 inch, they've always felt slightly smaller? I know they shrunk more for the Halo 3 figures though, or at least the weapons did. Looking at my Marvel Legends DH II, he seems massive, but then maybe he's big for a 6'' line? I think I'll get a tape measure out...

Also Halo Reach was probably the pinnacle of the Halo series. The gameplay mechanics had reached pretty much their best (I don't remember any major differences between Reach or 3? And haven't played any other Halos since) But mainly because the inclusion of the entire Noble team made for a richer narrative story (Master Chief by himself can only go so far), more dialog and Noble 6 being such a blank canvas means you can apply more of your own personality onto him... if you see what I mean.

Also you could customise Noble 6 couldn't you? Or was that just the multiplayer? In any case I always used one of the basic red armour (never put the effort trying to get the 'higher' ones) so that red Spartan on the back of my Jadahog could very well be me.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I went to Toys R Us to get my boy's birthday present last night. (He wants the black panther mask and gloves). Had a few TR figures on the shelf including a Quake... and said toys r us is round the corner from work, and I need to get some lunch too....

So if I end up with Quake, I mainly blame @Large and if I remember correctly, @incapable hulk and possibly @Napalm ?

Thanks lads :thumb 

• Like Like x 8
  17. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

I like that train of thought, good point well made, I hadn’t considered that in the slightest. You wait 30yrs for a decent Arcee figure and then....!!!!

In other news, Sluggy arrived as promised yesterday. So that’s Vegas to the Home Counties in 4 days!

Meanwhile ParcelFarce have yet to show up with the MLP box set for my daughter that landed at Heathrow on 22nd of September...

• Like Like x 2
  18. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

god, yesterday was hellish at work - month ends always are, but I had some lovely things for the evening to take my mind of work things - a lovely parcel from @doucoo - full set of g1 stunticons - there is nothing, NOTHING, like getting your paws on g1 ( I've already got a set of stunticons, but was after a second set for deskbot) - all in lush condition, just need some reprolabels on the limbs and he's golden...

also, if anyone is at a loose end and a bit of a lego nut, I'd heartily recommend the Destiny's Bounty from the Ninjago movie line - never had any interest in ninjago, but bloody hell, it's an amazing build (and stunning value- even at full price - I managed to snag one on amazon for about £30 off RRP) - only 5 bags into it and am completely in love - almost UCS or Modular building tier building experience...

• Like Like x 3
  19. joetele

joetele Non-entity

That Ninjago temple set with the bridge and other bits is stunning.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@stevil33,
    Flame Toys Drift = What Sponge said :D 

Given the pricetag I think waiting for in hand reviews will be the way to go but I'm already starting to look at possible stuff to offload to help raise the cash as it looks stunning and I'm familiar with some of Sentinel's other work (they've done some amazing comic based Iron Man armours) so I've a decent idea of the final quality.

• Like Like x 2