The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *grits teeth* Deekuuu.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

Crispy pancakes?
    One would only presume the lack of distribution thereof could be related to the higher safety restrictions on horse racing meaning that equine deaths and the relative availablity of the meat of selfsame has lessened significantly.

Insane to pick up a TLK boxed Hot Rod at a boot this morning for 5 quid?
    P DSC_0045.JPG ossibly, hope the ASDA truck driver wasnt injured in the hijack.

• Like Like x 5
  3. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Ah! My working life in a nutshell! Like so many of you, I'm managed by a numbnuts much less competent than me. And they know it. Such fun.

Stunning! The shared molding really makes them seem like Seekers MkII, but with all the benefit of still having some individuality beyond just colour. What a beautiful set. I'm slowly making my peace with waiting until the Takara Slugslinger comes out. I can just live vicariously through beautiful shots like that.

So I'm not going to stop posting pictures and appreciating little delights just because the cable for the camera dun gone been shit.

I got this lad out last night to just have a moment with him. I know a lot of people hate on him for thoroughly justifiable reasons but there really is so much he does right. For instance, I think that cannon is kind of beautiful, and sends me right back to the 1980's.

[​IMG]

and while I'm in the 1980's...

[​IMG][/url]

are you the best thing ever or the worst thing of all time? I can't decide!

• Like Like x 14
  4. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

I get your frustration dude but the reason he hit you wasn't because he was Romanian, it was because he was not driving properly.
    The number plates should have matched front and back by law so it shouldn't matter where the cab or the trailer comes from.
    Either way, I am glad you were not hurt and hope that you get the issue resolved quickly.
    Depending on the damage, i'd get a quote for repair / replacement part as it may be cheaper than paying the excess.
    I have no idea what car you drive so it depends on that :) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Large

Large Currently teaching french to Quake. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

There is -really- a true sentiment of achievement when finally the trio is complete.
    That's the (only ?) good point of having delaying Slunglinger a bit, into a NON-wave. Once Misfire was here -and I LOVE him as an individual- the wait for the third one to come was insane.
    Now it's complete. And man it delivers !

Those seekers2.0 do reflect quite well this sentiment of a new golden age. can only wish it stay that way !

Now for the crazy part, I just noticed that this maple syrup bottle -in the background- has been here during the entire TR run.
    ... I don't know why.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Anyone here buy RC cars? What good brands are there because the one I got for my younger brothers and the ones they get as gifts seem to all be such garbage

7. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    As a kid I was clinically addicted to the "beef" ones, I'm now putting that down to the ketamine-traces.

@barry - I go back and forth on Galvatron. Mostly it's Love but there are days where things about Him just baffle me. In a age where cost-cutting seems to be one excuse for why "things are as they are" why didn't they downsize the canon and massive slab of useless cockpit hanging off his back by half (I know, you're supposed to fit the TM in there but it's unnecessary and they didn't force that upon Slugslingers dual-cockpits) and save the difference on giving that stupid mask a turntable to work properly with the Head? None of those things would have detracted from the piss-weak third-mode and would have helped out the main Bot no end.

What might have been.......

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  8. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    My assumption, right or wrong, is that Galvatron was a pre TR design that then got a bunch of stuff done to it to make it TR compatible. I do think nearly everything that griefs me out about him is TR Voyager gimmick related. While I do actually weirdly like the spaceship mode, Just imagine how much more elegant the design would be if it was just cannon and robot.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Meatball Leader - rejects follow me...

News Credits:
    I've calmed down a bit now - will have to go through the insurance, had another look on my lunch break and rear wing, bumper and alloy all damaged. Thankfully it's still (just) driveable.

It's the fact he tried to drive off, no shits given. Haven't had a bump for 10 years, but mrs has been unfortunate it happened to her twice in 12 months. Both times the parties stopped, checked the other were ok and exchanged details, no problem.

This dude, no, tried to drive off and avoid it, could hardly speak a word of English, and had no remorse whatsoever.

I suppose he's a douchebag no matter the nationality. But y'know stereotypes and all that. Also free country, I'm allowed to have my own opinion.

Anyway big shout up to @scamper who offered some very helpful advice from within the industry - again shows what a great little community we have here. Nice one Scamper :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    MOAR 2018 CALENDAR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup, these months we move into Classics/Micromaster cards! I did try an Animated and Armada card back, but Armada was a TOTAL bitch to try and recreate in Photoshop, and Animated was a bit... boring.

Anyway sorry to spam the Calendar, but I don't want anyone to miss the FACT THAT PREORDERS ARE OPEN. So PM me if you want one, and I'll stick you in the initial print run! Same deal as last year actually, if you miss the first run you'll have to wait until the demand is enough for a second run, otherwise it ain't gonna happen.

If you want one, best order NOW.

Edit
    @jame5y, I had to jiggle your pic a little to get it to fit the picture slot, (moved Scourges/Cyclonii around) is OK?

• Like Like x 17
  11. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! Who are they by?

Cool! Cheers and NICE editing on the sound wave pic. Pm 'order' coming your way :) 

I really like the photos in this, and te idea in general, but the book design... :( 

Moving some furniture and came across some tfs I'd forgotten I had:
    image.jpeg

Te mega scfs take me back - mp36 kind of makes them redundant, but they were the best option for cartoon accurate at the time. And cyclonus... Still looks good, but I dunno, I can't get excited about him somehow (a fav character too). Think these guys might be heading for eBay.

That op is still fantastic though. If it wasn't for the non locking chest and arms, I'd call him pretty much perfect.

hey, is that image upside down? Damn iPhone!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  12. The Smirker

The Smirker Kintaro's other brother

What ever happened to my life?

13. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    Sara Pitre-Duroche, she was the artist on TAAO, plus a load of transformers toy packaging, plus random covers. Also has a great twitter account.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sixo

Sixo Canonical TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hi folks,

Just another note to say thanks so much for all the lovely messages. The boy is doing really well and we're all enjoying lots of cuddles. :) 

• Like Like x 19
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Right, still no Toyhax treasure so a tenative sounding-out email sent to see if they will offer a replacement if the order has indeed remained permanently in the dimension that @Decepticreeps100 Fort Max Set apparently visited for a time.
    Really could've done with that as a pick-me-up today as we merrily trundle towards V for Vendetta land thanks to the Gub'mint whilst I also sugar-crash from the probably too many cough sweets I've had to maintain at the very least faint Barry White voice level of speech, bah!
    Bah, I say!

EDIT: Ah, well, at least a little ray of sunshine. TR Arcee available from Kapow in October, no Pre-Orders though! Limited run perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Contains nuts

News Credits:
    Congrats @Sixo on the little one, I hope he's a sound sleeper.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    CALENDAR UPDATE

Coming thick and fast! That's the last 4 Action Master months done! So all the months (with dates) are done!

1987 Digiburst...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1989 Classics/Micromaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1990 Action Master

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So picture submissions are over... well actually I'm not totally happy with my pic (in all honestly it's the worst of the lot) but I am awaiting my Unrustable Bastard to come so I can do an epic new pic just for the calendar. But aside from that, and minor tweaks (like awaiting higer res versions of pictures, that kinda thing) I think the bulk is done!

Now then... if people can proof read these images, make sure their birthdays or whatever are correct. Because I'll probably not see any mistakes.
    Only the cover/back cover to do, plus bonuses...

Edit
    OK, I have no idea why one preview is larger than the other. They were all uploaded as 724 x 1024 images.

Edit
    Ok, that should fix it yes?

• Like Like x 14
  18. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Just wanted to say a huuuuge thank you to @tikgnat for the MP Sideswipe! Delivered in no time and packaged more professionally than a lot of toy stores I've dealt with!

He even included this little guy in the deal!
    IMG_0150.JPG
    I have no idea who he is or what toy line he's from, but I'm digging the Cosmosy vibe he's putting out!
    So thanks Kit! What an absolute pleasure to deal with!

Go buy his stuff!

• Like Like x 7
  19. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Looks brilliant. Nice work. Feel free to add my Birthday on June 7th if you like ;) 

The lovely chaps at Kapow sent me this yesterday with more tomorrow! Damn this month is expensive!
    loot.jpg

Check this out label fans.

• Like Like x 6