The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dreago

Dreago 3 whole bits!

Twitter:
    Flippin'. Brilliant.
    !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hey remember that robot comic that predicted a Disney movie with startling accuracy?

IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0831.GIF

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    My rumour topic got locked. Probably for the best!

• Like Like x 2
  4. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    20170829202015_IMG_1296.JPG

Needs more BW MP's.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Man, the Nebulans made some odd fashion choices. Why is it that all advanced humanoid races lose all fashion sense once they achieve utopia?

6. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Ah HR. Fond, happy memories of getting royally basted for what an HR Bizzyness Manager (one down from a Director) thought would be an easy win over my claims of wrongful downgrading only to end up cancelling the spit-roast by pissing in the gravy, punching out the Chef and spraying lighter fluid over what must have been a pretty flawless career-rise by proving that He and everyone else involved had lied, and not only lied, done so incompetently too. While picking on a bloke suffering depression. Severe.

Basically claiming that what had happened to me, while off sick, had happened to all 53 other people in my then Dept and that somehow, entirely equitably I was the only one found to be below the required technical standard. In re-licensing exams nobody ever took. Ever.

I was gifted a wry-smile when several months later said SpincterFluke was dismissed for "irregularities in evidence given to an Employment Tribunal."

I would imagine He and his Audi are under a bridge in Shadwell by now. Or dead. It's the Audi I would be sorry for.

I still got nothing about Robots. That sort of day.

• Like Like x 12
  7. Incesticon

Incesticon Well-Known Member

I did check out that thread after you posting it on here. I noticed someone on there calling other members "cunts". I reported said post but I still see it on there. Great moderating right there...

Is this how things work here now? We can just label people as cunts, without any sense of irony, in the middle of a thread discussing toys...? I thought this forum aimed to be family friendly?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    IMG_0832.GIF

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 11
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Mmmmmm, I can taste the sweet, sweet justice from all the way Ooop here in Yorkshire. Cockles of my heart nicely warmed, bless you, MT!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Yeah boiii

Movie Scout mould collection complete

Now maybe move on to the Human alliance scouts

IMG_5506.JPG

While I was at it I ordered a figure that transmits light very well (I've been on a clear figure kick recently)

1504038978835.jpeg

Cheers IMG_5505.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It's always HR and admin that are the problem since they seem to be mostly staffed by ladies 'of a certain age' who believe it's a cushy job and hang in there until retirement, resisting/ignoring any change around them. Ever tried getting a job in either of those departments? Forget it. Only death or retirement creates a gap and even then there's some younger incompetent lazy cow waiting to fill the gap. I was desperate to get into the admin department at my last place as it was incompetent as fuck and I knew I could get it fixed. The department head wanted me too but no cunt would leave in order to let me in. Only in the UK can people not be sacked for NOT DOING THE BASTARD JOB THEY ARE CONTRACTED AND PAID FOR.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Reminds me rather a lot of the 'Cyborg' figure I had as a nipper

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    He does bear a resemblance to the old henshin cyborg, he is known as crystal boy/bowie, he's one of the main antagonists from the anime/manga series cobra the space pirate

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Them or, like Rod, career "go getters" with no actual "go" or discernible skills at "getting" to be able to go and get ahead in any other kind of department/job role.
    And my next encounter was, in fact, one of them.
    First payday at my current job and there's no payslip for me?
    Yup, not logged on the system despite being in work over a month (due to starting just after the last mid-month payday date) had to get on the blower to HR and get an 'Emergency Loan' because I wasn't waiting another month to get paid.
    This despite handing all relevant paperwork in at the HR office itself, by my own hand too, in plenty of time at the very start of beginning in the post.

Turns out it was right in front of her, sat in her In tray. For over a month.
    The poor bint was having skiing lessons at the time though, very stressful them.
    Strangely enough she was nearing retirement (hence being extra can't-be-bothered-with-this-sh*t perhaps, though I have it on authority that she was "just like that" from a direct colleague, or two, or three) yet became a closer colleague (in proximity only, I might add) taking a Casual post in our Bar after leaving HR.
    Reader, they sacked her.
    Turns out she wasn't any good at that either.

• Like Like x 4
  16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Genuinely love these guys. Both MAAS and Spark Toys have smashed out a couple of winners here. PicsArt_08-29-10.28.50.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  17. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My work just seems to cock up time off. I've had three bank holidays this year which have fallen on my day off, meaning three days in lieu. I hold these back, because my wife was due to have an operation on an ingrown toenail, and I would have to have two days off to look after the kids while she recovered. I also wanted the third day off on a Friday to make a long weekend. Gets the date for the op, next day I put in the request. Was told that I couldn't have the two days off as there was too many others off at that time, but the other day was ok. I replied that it wasn't that I just fancied having two days off, it was for child care reasons. I was all ready to phone in to tell them I wouldn't be in, when surprise, surprise, the rota says I'm off on the two days I needed. Flash forward to last week, when I get this weeks rota, and I'm on Friday, you know, the one that they had absolutely no problem with me having off?
    Well, it turns out my line manager didn't bother to mark it down on the calendar, and said line manager has no recollection of our conversation where he OKed it! Our other line manager has sorted it out thankfully, and arranged cover, so at least someone can do the job they're supposed to:rolleyes: 

Robots: RID Bludgeon is a bit of alright. That's him done now, hopefully TOTP does have a prime master of him, it'll be great to pair them up, Masterforce style :D 

• Like Like x 4
  18. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Mate, that's cool. It never clicked that they'd work together despite both being Dreamwave styled.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yup, it's the standard GIJoe rubber 'o' ring that needs replacing. It's difficult to find any rubber bands that small though, IIRC I fixed mine with a few tiny rubber hair bands, but they don't hold tight enough. You can probably buy some off Amazon or eBay or summat.

Edit
    O-ring o rings o ring gi joe figures set of 5 ring repair rubber band | eBay

I should buy some too...

• Like Like x 4
  20. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    It is easier to spot them, but you can never be 100% certain a seller is not about to go rogue. It's a real crap shoot!!

i guess whichever route you take there will always be some kind of wait till you get a refund. Very frustrating.

**drools**

You may have just cost me dude :lol 

I'm going through a similar trail of thought myself at the moment..............selling is more exciting than buying :eek: 

If it sells out you could always paint your old MP-8 blue....................thats what I did!

[​IMG]PC192020 by stevil 33, on Flickr

[​IMG]PC192028 by stevil 33, on Flickr

Currently working on a couple of commissions................nearly finished, but they've nearly killed me!!

21100139_10154554862557030_1546909273_n.jpg

Sounds like you've near enough as much fun on ebay as me!!
    Glad you got the Wheeljack refund so far!!

Hope it all works out fam :thumb 

Dude, I see no cackhandness.................I'm glad you coloured it, looks damn good to me sir!! :thumb 

I need less :lol 

Sorry, I had to.

• Like Like x 18