The UK TF:ROTF Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ratchet2007, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    And Beast Wars: The Gathering too, shortly after IDW published the trade.

It always amused me that they were running the Movie Prequel alongside their own story surrounding the Allspark being launched into space, with the two completely contradicting each other.

2. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I have pretty much every TFUK comic since the 80s too. Got them all in ring binders except the 2007- one that is larger, got them in box files. All five of the short lived UK G2 comic as well.
    I was never very keen on the UK Armada comic. The last issue or two seemed as if it were getting better then it ended! Earlier issues were terrible though, the art and stories seemed as bad as the recent TFPrime ones.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, zombie thread.

Today I bought the Age of Extinction UK comic! It's pretty much the same as before, but actually they're making an effort. The free gift is either a TFP Optimus Prime or Knockdown figure, and basically going through the TFP cast to a total of 9 figures!

It also includes some trading/Topps playing cards for some card game that you can recieve the full set to if you subscribe to the comic. Presumably you'll be able to buy that card game separately too.

The comic story is centred around Drift, and as usual it's got all the puzzle pages and wotnot. Really if I was Titan I would be doing toy review/information pages and stuff.

Oh, and there are AoE character bio's in there too, and there are a couple of spoilers in there which kinda pissed me off.

So all in all more of the same, but it does feel like they made an effort for this new volume (this issue is noted as 5.1).

4. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Since this thread has been revived - I bought a copy of this and am now just waiting for it to wing it's way over to Australia so I can read it.

I collected the magazine throughout all it's movie-verse days but when it made the switch to Prime it seemed a good point to drop it, but now that it's movie centered again I figured I should come back.

Plus, there is very little AoE tie-in fiction so far, so it will be interesting to see something. Was the story a prequel? Sequel? Happening during the movie?

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, it finally died. I'm actually glad it has as I couldn't help but keep buying it even though it was shit. My love for the 80s TFUK comic drove me to support this title even though it didn't deserve it. Shame as it started off so strong back in 2007-08. After it took a down turn in 2009 I'm surprised it limped along as long as it has.
    Issue 5.5 is the last one. Even the boost they may have gotten from the latest film didn't save it. I do get the feeling in general that people are starting to tire of the movies, this may be a reflection of it.