The ugliest car in your opinion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/rules.php

1. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult is a no-no. As a basic rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

2. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Typical, your type is what's giving the environmental movement a hard time.

If you wish to educate yourself, fine. If you want to bash things and people with no understanding, fine. It's a free country, ignorance and hate are a part of that I suppose.

Enjoy the Prius, it's definitely a unique looking vehicle. Hope it's everything you need it to be. Cars in general, rule :cool: 

3. 35InchMudders

But generalized insults are fine right? I'll modify my post slightly

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Beats me.

I don't make the rules.

I just point them out.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And make penis jokes. Don't be so modest.

And mentioning the Prius, I do think it's kind of ugly and lozenge-looking. The Honda Insight as well, and the Yaris. Looks like something I'd swallow to ease a sore throat.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  6. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I less-than-three you so much sometimes.

Weren't the Prius and Insight designed for low drag coefficient? Not that drag is a major factor in the stop-and-go traffic their gearing was designed for.

Oh BTW: I ask you to consider the Mosler Raptor. Both as fast, and as ugly, as all fuck.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Milk it FOR ALL IT'S WORTH! I love it.

8. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

5 pages and nobody's mentioned the Ssanyong Rodius?
    [​IMG]

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I tell ya, it's the next Leeroy Jenkins!

Srsly, I guess 4th time's enough. :(  I might keep it on reserve for any particularly WTF moments down the road, though.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow, you seem to be taking this all too personally.

11. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm more concerned whether my big ass will fit in it comfortably for an 8 hour drive. Then, I'll look at the outside. Big ass cars and trucks FTW!

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Here's the thing. Do you need to be taking your vehicle offroad? Is it part of your crucial job? Are you a farmer that needs to drive up a hill and collect his goat (or whatever the balls farmers do)? Or are you just taking it offroad for a bit of a whirl for some kicks? If you're ever driving an SUV / truck / etc through the city on daily trips or going down to the shops, it's basically a complete and utter selfish waste. If you're going to buy a large item and you need the space to transport it, then that's justified. Otherwise, you are

a) Wasting petrol
    b) Making the roads unsafe for everyone else
    c) Blocking everyone's view
    d) Taking up too much room in parking spaces

Some smaller SUVs are a bit more reasonable, but most of the time those big ass mummas are completely unnecessary.

Hmm. Perhaps I should make this clearer. Where I live we're in fairly severe drought territory. Water is precious and there's not enough of it. Let's say that I really enjoy turning the tap (er, faucet) on and watching all the water drain down the sink into the sewer. Am I allowed to do this? Yes. I'm paying for the water I can do whatever I please with it. Am I being a completely selfish and irresponsible? I Sure am!

13. 35InchMudders

Well, I think the people who *hate* vehicles with a passion are the one's taking it too personally.

When I see someone talking complete rubbish about a vehicle and then insulting the owners on top of that, I'll gladly step in and shoot down the sh*t they're launching.

What can I say, I have a passion for cars in general, and lately lots of them are targets for political nonsense, that just gets tiring.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe an "Ugliest Member's Child in your opinion" thread would be less inflammatory.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think people who hate people for disliking cars are sorta the definition of "taking it too personally."

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I just think it's impressive that you feel compelled to be that involved in convincing people that their opinions about cars are wrong.

As unfounded or baseless as they may be, those folks have opinions. Now, in the course of human history, it's always seemed as if changing a person's opinion works much better if you approach the subject with a modicum of respect and politeness. As the old southern aphorism goes, "You'll attract more folks with sugar than you will with bile."

I mean, shit - tell people what you think however you want. If you want them to listen to you, though, it helps to be nice. Especially around a touchy subject like the validity/coolness/comparative awesomeness of cars.

17. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Oh this is gonna be interesting....

*sits back with popcorn*

18. 35InchMudders

Actually, I do live out in the country, but whatever... That's not really a good point you're making.

Do you have to buy toys and DVD's that are manufactured in companies that pollute? Do you have to be on the internet hours daily consuming unecessary power? Do you NEED a television to watch all your favorite shows?

Are we living in a country of necessity or opportunity? Why should I not enjoy off-roading as a sport? We take care, follow guidelines, and actually do more for these parks (picking up garbage along the way, etc) than most of the 'regular' public do.

SUV's make the roads unsafe? Where are these statistics? I've seen more careless driving by people in small wannabe racecars than any other vehicle. Silly.

SUV's block everyone's view? Do you read what you're typing? If you can't see around me, then you're too damn close, STOP TAILGATING! This has got to be the silliest remark I've ever heard. I guess we should remove all Semi's off the roads then. RV's too, I suppose, they're not a necessity :rolleyes2 

Oh, the classic parking spot routine... I always park perfectly between the lines, unless the domino effect of one bad parking job forces people to offset their vehicles. I've seen enough bad parking from compacts, to sports cars, to SUV's and pickups to really not point a finger at any one vehicle.

I know sports cars that get worse mileage than me, do they ever see a racetrack? Should people not buy them since they never race them? Nah, that's silly. Progress isn't made by eliminating options people have, it's by advancing technology and investing into our automakers to make the changes. That's something some Eco-nuts can't get through their thick heads, but they're the same people who think we can live in tree's wearing leaves as clothing.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Perhaps a biggest tits thread, that is, female or male...

20. 35InchMudders

Nah, I don't hate people who don't like a particular car, I don't like people who don't bother to take the time to educate themselves on a vehicle, talk sh*t, and then talk more sh*t about the people driving those vehicles.

You can hate how a Lamborghini Murcielago looks, I would disagree with you. Now if you start saying all owners of Lambo's are arrogant rich perverts who want to kill you on the road, then you'll start sounding really, really stupid, won't ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.