The Tyger

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SubotaiBaghatur, Jun 3, 2006.

1. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Did anyone else pick up the most recent Punisher stand alone titled "The Tyger"? I almost passed it up as very few Punisher stand alone tales are worth a damn, but I really enjoyed this tale of a young Frank Castle growing up in New York. I personally think its one of Garth Ennis' better stories I have read in a long time. There was no funny stuff, it was a very serious look at things Frank saw growing up, offering insight that I found more relevant to the character than anything that happened in the "born" series several years ago.

Seriously if you enjoy Punisher comics at all and passed this up, maybe give it a read, you might enjoy it.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, picked it up. I enjoyed it a lot. What I think made it stand out is that Garth probably had this idea for a long time and finally made use of it. It could have been a sub-story for anyone but it just so happened that it fit the punisher.

The End was probably still my favorite one-shot

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just picked it up, but the regular pun max title is doing its thing right now. "fucky". teehee. thinks i'll make a new thread...