Minor/Repaint: The Twins

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alteron_Sheng, May 21, 2010.

1. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, and some of my favorite repaints that I've done so far.
    Both are painted with custom paints.
    Sunstreaker's gold is much deeper than any store bought paints I've seen so far, purposfully mixed to be a deep 'aztec/egyptian' gold. It doesn't photograph perfectly, but I managed to get it almost the exact same color as Tutankhamun's mask. I then went over his windows and all of his black paint with a self mixed translucent purple. I then panel-lined him and hit him with a 'gold sparkle' spray that I've found makes the paint I use run ever so slightly. I used that on purpose to get a nice wash effect. I then redid the panel-lines to get a sharp look. Once the panel-lining dryed, he was drybrushed with his gold-mix. His alt mode was given some black decal lines down via some careful brush work. Sideswipe sacrificed his gun and Sunny's was painted black and white to match, then both were drybrushed with gold. I used my dremel and veeeeeeeeeery carefully drilled a hole into his shoulders which hold his dual guns to give him his old 'shoulder missile' look.
    Sideswipe's red is actually much darker then the toy's red plastic. It's a mix of scarlet and metallic copper with a drop or two of little metallic red. He had the same translucent purple put over his black (including his alt-mode decal lines). He had the same panel-lining, then hhit with glitter spray, then re panel-line that Sunstreaker had, and then I have him a drybrushing with silver. His shoulder missile is from the Gear of War set (did anyone else have a problem with the springs in that set? Two of the missile-launchers had faulty springs that won't fire the missiles at all).
    I'm slowly working on a set of pile-drivers and extending arm-blades from four 07 Bee cannon/swords that will be fitted into the twins upper arms. Pretty much I will cut a big chunk out of the upper arm inbetween the wrist and elbow joint and use epoxy and sculpt to fix the door panels over that so that they still can TF

Attached Files:

2. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uploading the last of the pictures taken of the twins ;) 

Attached Files: