The twins should have been in DOTM.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Having just read the novel, I think they should have been background characters in DOTM. It wouldn't have affected the story and running time, but then we could have seen their deaths by SP. Skids saving BB and Mudflap attacking SP would have redeemed them a bit after ROTF.

It would have been good to see what happened to them, instead of them just dissappearing from the trilogy.

I'm sure some people would have cheered when they died from the cosmic rust!

2. Grimkid

Grimkid Well-Known Member

Agreed! They didn't even need lines....just die, and be done with them

3. Davitron

Davitron Active Member

Closure would have been nice

4. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I agree, while I do think that in ROTF they were slightly over the top at times, I really like them :) 
    Reminded me of myself and my younger brother and how we always used to bicker about the silliest of things and ended up fighting, not racist robot stereotypes.

Maybe this was the reason why they were edited out? That reaction would've been the complete opposite of what Bay was going for and it would've ruined the tone of that scene where Sentinel goes bad. :2c: 

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I suspect this might be the case. People would say that's the best scene in the movie, but it would be for all the wrong reasons.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think they weren't in the films directly because of moviegoer complaints.

7. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Hopefully their scenes will be on the DVD.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

A moviegoer does not have that power. One shouldn't delude themselves.

Paramount on the other hand did have that influence.

The Twins were there we just didn't see them in robot mode. In the NEST bay entrance and somebody shouting Mudflap during Sentinel's rampage.

9. crankcaseFTW

crankcaseFTW Well-Known Member

why does everyone hate the twins so much? i agree they got given way too much screen time compared to cooler autobots like sideswipe, but i found them pretty cool and pretty badass when they want to be :)  they are like the merry and pippin of the autobots. i am glad they didn't die and are probably off guarding the president in DOTM

10. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

If people didn't cry so much about the twins in the last movie , we would have gotten a better scene with ironhides death . So I would like to say Thank YOU to all the cry babies out there for making that part of the movie not as good as it should have been. Thanks ALOT
    I don't know why people get so worked up over movie characters it's just a movie get over it already It's not real life . F F S Grow up and just ENJOY the movie .

11. BLK-OUT 4500X

And people got to stop ruining the movies for others .

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It would have been nice to see the Twins get killed off by Sentinel Prime, as was shown in the adaptation comic, but I'm just glad that they weren't in the movie save for a brief glimpse of them in vehicle mode as all the Autobots entered HQ, because I found them as very annoying characters in ROTF who shouldn't have been created in the first place.

BLK-OUT 4500X -- Hate to tell you this, but... telling people to stop ruining the movies for other people is not going to make them stop. There's always going to be haters bashing the movies and people who spoil things about the movies, so no amount of telling them to stop or complaining about it is not going to do much good. You're just going to have to deal with it.

13. BLK-OUT 4500X

BUT we lost movie footage because of the cry babies and that makes me mad as a movie watcher were not getting all the bang for our buck so i just hope we get extra footage in dvd and blu-ray .

14. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

There's plenty of terrible still left in the movie. Just keep watching the Ken Jeong scenes over and over again. And afterwards, you can be touched at how epic and meaningful his death scene was.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Right.
    And that's why Jar Jar Binks continued to have such a prominent role in Star Wars Episodes II and III -because Lucasfilm didn't listen to moviegoer complaints.

In the first movie people complained that it seemed like there were no human deaths -even though there were situations were people could not have survived.

So in the second movie they showed coffins after the first conflict.
    There were still complaints that the Decepticons didn't kill any humans.

So in the third movie they showed people getting actually vaporized.

They might not change fundamental things, but movie makers do listen.