The Tudors

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Nerroth, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi.

Has anyone else here been watching the series The Tudors?

Season 1's opening credits

The series covers the events of Henry VIII's early years as monarch - from the marriage to Catherine of Aragon to the tumultuous relationship with Anne Boleyn and beyond, charting the profound impact on England and the wider world of the Anglican Reformation.

It's not too bad - I only go into it relatively recently, and I was surprised to learn that it's made here in Ireland, and is a co-production betwen Ireland and Canada!

Season 2 has already been shown in North America, but they are only up to episode 4 (or is it 5?) here in Ireland (and in the UK).

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Useless show. Its the same American-targeted pseudo-historical nonsense as Rome, but without everything that made Rome awesomely entertaining.

I'd knob the Anne Boleyn actress thougth.

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    To be honest, I dropped out of Rome after season 1 - haven't seen any of season 2 at all, so far at least, and I have to say I'm in no major rush to do so.

However, I'm eagerly following this series, and while I know it's got its fair share of inaccuracies, I can forgive them.

It would do with toning down the ero content, though. A little over-egged, and it works better dramatically when it's used more sparingly anyway.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am almost done with Rome Season 2 and Tudor Season 1. Rome is hella entertaining for season 1 but not 2, while for Tudors it's all about hot babes and naked chicks. I would like to check out Tudors season 2 just to see how Henry beheads his queen.