Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Im No Hero, Feb 1, 2009.
AND NOW INTRODUCING THE BRAND NEW FUNNY HOT OFF THE PRESS EPISODE I AND II
Looking forward to see this evolve.
Here are some tips:
1) Find the Macro setting (usually looks like a flower) so you can take close ups without them being so blurred.
2) Find some way to direct the text bubbles to whoever is speaking/thinking/shouting. Also, when just throwing text over images make sure they don't blend into the background so they can be easier to read.
3) Not quite as important but if you want to get the most out of your pictures, go download GIMP. With some reading on the tutorials thread, you can come up with some neat stuff to make your imagery stand out.
4) I always write out a script in MS Word before inserting it into my comic. Grammar is improved and it helps me get a better idea of where I want to images to fit the text.
5) Finally, don't be afraid of anyone here. Ask for advice, tips, feedback, etc. We're all one happy family in the funnies forum. I've not seen an ounce of snobbery or nasty posting - we all have an interest in each others work to be the best it can be.
Hoping for the best!
nice start dude
Zherbus' tips are excellent. The poor grammar is really a turn-off; cutting and pasting in spell-checked text from Word/OpenOffice/whatever you're using eliminates that.
That said, I'm interested to see how this evolves too!
thanks for the help man ill take those all into consideration for the next episode except maybe gimp. ive tried it in the past and we didnt get along well. right now im using paint.net and i am rather pleased with it.
I've heard great things about Paint.net, but I haven't taken a dip in that pool yet. I think there are some tips on that program in the tutorial thread if you're interested.
Good luck, and I'll stay tuned.
hey just a quick update ive finished the script for episode 3 and am about to start shooting so as a little teaser heres the title:
the hidden Strick...
so here's episode 3 as promised. im still having some difficulty with my macro setting but this one is deffinatly better done than the last. godspeed everyone and enjoy
Hehe, is that a Street Fighter reference?
actually i thought it up first when thinking of names and then i remembered it was from street fighter so ya i guess it is.
Hmm.. So far so good. Where are those Transformers from? I've never seen them (except Unicron).
Well. At least there's something going on. This webcomic is certainly unique, I'll say that much. That means I'll be keeping an eye out on seeing how it goes.
skids(which isnt really his name) is from transformers energon, sureshock is one of a set of three minicons also from energon, and striker is a dinobot who i cant transform anymore cause if you noticed there are four pegs (two on his shoulders and two on his hips) which are vital parts to his transformation because there are body parts that attach there. (hes sussposed to be a stegasaurus.)
unique is what im going for so thank you.
ATTENTION ALL READERS (all five of you) ive hit a snag in making the next strip because i just found out a character that was vital to the storyline is damaged and missing vital pieces to both his robot and beast mode so i have to make a decision to either replace him continue with the damage calling it a protoform of sorts then have him scan a toy of his real mode when i replace him or replace the character opinions on what i should do are welcome thank you and godspeed.
Separate names with a comma.