The trial of Rodimus Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Apr 26, 2010.

?

What is your verdict?

1. Innocent-LET HIM BE SPARED!!!!!!

94 vote(s)
    63.1%
  2. Guilty-FEED HIM TO THE SHARKTICONS!!!!!

55 vote(s)
    36.9%
  1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, as most of you know, Hot Rod became in charge of the Autobots after Optimus Prime's Unfirtunate death. And he remained in charge until Optimus Prime came back to life at the end of the Generation 1 Television series. The thing I want to know is: Does he deserve all the flak thrown at him?

Exhibit A-The Death of Optimus:
    The death of Optimus Prime was the result of Megatron shooting to near death before Optimus knocked him of a building. However people say he got killed because Hot Rod got in Optimus's line of fire because he tried to keep Megatron from shooting Optimus first. Causing the death of the Autobots Leader.

Defense: Hot Rod Tackled Megatron because he thought he could keep him from killing Optimus, because Optimus probably didnt know he was reaching for a gun to kill him. An to be honest he did what most of us would do at the time keep Optimus Prime from getting killed.

Exhibit B- Hot Rod Asking for forgiveness:
    At the scene of Optimus's death Hot rod ran toward Optimus trying to care for his wounds as best he could. At the moment he said "Optimus, forgive me", Implying that he was asking Optimus to forgive him for getting in the way allowing Megatron to kill Optimus

Defense: Hot rod could have asked Optimus to forgive him because he could not help enough by keeping Megatron down to keep him from fireing a Optimus

However as these accusations are condeming, The passing of the Matrix from Optimus to Hot rod could be a sign of redemption to mend his unfortunate deeds.

Exhibit C- The Return of Optimus:
    At the end of the Command of Rodimus, Spore began spreading that affected every sentient lifeform in reach to go on a uncontrolable rampage. Thus Optimus came back to life to mend the situation, Implying that Rodimus could not control the situation and had to bring someone back from the dead to fix his problems.

Defense: The situation was to big for one leader to control, and Prime was the only one with the answer.

Personally I think Rodimus is a leader to follow

YOU HAVE SEEN THE EVIDENCE, THE VERDICT SHALL NOW BE HEARD!!!!!

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He done none to Optimus' death that Megatron's fault not Roddy's.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Innocent and let all remember Optimus Prime is a damned hard act to follow and Rodimus probably did as well as any one might have under the circumstances.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, i'm glad I was the first to vote guilty.

The best thing he did was help Megatron kill off Optimus Prime.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Before I cast my vote, what is the specific charge?

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I think its being emo before emo was around.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    INNOCENT let him Alone

8. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Good thing he gave it to Magnus then. :) 

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, for decades Rodimus Prime has paraded himself about as the successor to the late Optimus Prime. However, I would submit that he is nothing more than a traitor, guilty of at best, dereliction of duty and insubordination, and at worst, treason and the MURDER of his commander.

Exhibit A: Disobeying orders

It is common knowledge that Hot Rod was a brash young upstart of an Autobot, prone to playing by his own rules and breaking them when they didn't fit his idea of fun. Such behavior would be dangerous and unacceptable enough for a soldier, but during a time of war, and in the heat of a critical battle for the Autobot cause? Unforgiveable. Multiple witnesses will attest to seeing Hot Rod, on the day of the Battle of Autobot City, be ordered by kup, his senior and a superior officer, to stay away from Optimus Prime as he fought Megatron, as Optimus had the battle well in hand. Hot Rod deliberately disobeyed this order, leaping into the fray in a move that would cost Optimus Prime his life. Furthermore, if Hot Rod saw Megatron moving towards a weapon, why not simply warn Optimus using his vocal processor, as Optimus had the Decepticon leader well covered and out-gunned. Why not simply shoot him with his wrist mounted weaponry? Instead, Hot Rod placed himself between Prime and Megatron, preventing Optimus from simply delivering a well-deserved death to a mechanoid responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents, as well as delivering a powerful blow against the Decepticon forces. Highly suspicious behavior, I must say.

Exhibit B: A smoking gun?

Even more damning than Hot Rod's seeming protection of the Decepticon leader is what occurs immediately afterwards. Not only does Hot Rod make no move to resist his captivity or spoil the aim of Megatron, but we would also like to take this moment to show the members of the Jury this footage from the battle:

YouTube - Transformers: the Movie Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron

Pay close attention to what happens at 2:57. The first blast to strike Prime, seen and heard firing from the pistol, is purple. However, subsequent blasts, not seen firing from the pistol, are yellow instead. Standard Decepticon weapons normally fire purple bursts, while Autobot weapons fire yellow bursts. Autobot weapons like Hot Rod's wrist-mounted lasers, seen firing earlier in the battle in an extremely similar fashion. So we have video evidence, PROOF that Hot Rod was not simply a bumbling hostage, but a callous, treacherous murderer, actively participating in the killing of the beloved Autobot leader, only to beg his forgiveness and shed crocodile optical lubricant at his deathbed.

Exhibit C: Usurption of Command

At that same stirring vigil where Optimus Prime tragically became one with the Matrix, he named, in front of numerous witnesses, his successor: Ultra Magnus. True, Magnus was reluctant at first, but he accepted the honor, as Prime drew close to shutdown. And as the Matrix fell from his hand, Hot Rod swooped in to grasp it, before the processor of the great hero HE HELPED KILL had even grown cold. Ultra Magnus eventually wrested the Matrix away from Hot Rod, storing it inside himself. When attacked by Galvatron and Cyclonus, Hot Rod abandons his new commander rather than look for survivors, and after the attack on Unicron, simply takes command from Ultra Magnus, in blatant disregard of the established chain of command. No democratic vote, no abdication, just the newly crowned Rodimus Prime declaring his mandate to his subjects. Are the Autobots mere vassals, or barbaric thugs, to follow someone just because they say so and have achieved some feat in battle? Are we not better than that way, a truly Decepticon way?

You may ask what motivation Hot Rod would have for all this, but considering his draconian actions propelled him to the peak of Autobot Command, his benefits are clear. He had motive, means, and opportunity to murder Optimus Prime and then bide his time for an opportunity to stage a coup over his ineffectual successor during a time of chaos for the entire Cybertronian race. In the name of justice, in the memory of his victim, and for the good of the Autobot faction, Rodimus Prime must be found GUILTY, and given the punishment he so RICHLY deserves!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I always wondered what would have happened in the early days of the changing of the guard, if there wasn't some friction from older Autobots like Bluestreak, Jazz or Cliffjumper demanding to know what happened in full.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Poll fail. You get thrown to the Sharkticons when you're innocent.

12. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I think you get thrown in regardless...

Prime was Megatron's kill, the pinnacle of his achievements and the culmination of a life long vendetta. Ironically, due to the somewhat symbiotic nature of the feud, it was also the onset of Megatron's spiral into obsolescence.

To steal such a bitter and tragic victory through accident and negligence, or even suggest it, would be an attack on the life defining sacrifices and tribulations of both Megatron and Optimus Prime.

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm going to be honest, I preferred him as a leader to Optimus, in terms of it generating interest.

But then I generally don't like Optimus Prime.

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guilty! Why?

Got Optimus Prime killed by being stupid! No other Autobot would have gotten in the way. HR knew that too, he asked for fogiveness.

Rodimus does nothing , and I mean nothing to protect the Autobot Ark and Teletraan 1 from Trypticon.

Rodimus wastes resources to build a Funeral Ark that puts Optimus Prime's body in the hands of the Quintessons. (Dark Awakening)

Rodimus was too stupid to use the Matrix to stop the Hate Plague.

In Headmasters, Rodimus is involved again with the Death of Optimus Prime.

Rodimus then allows Cybertron to be blown up, where was he when this was happening?

While the Autobots are in shock over the destruction of Cybertron, what does Rodimus do? He leaves! (At least he took Blurr and S--tpiece with him)

Guilty Guilty. GUILTY!

15. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Not this Time! We are not quintessons remember?

16. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Being one of the worst Autobots in command and leading to the daeth of Optimus Prime

17. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Guilty guilty GUILTY! feed him to the sharkticons!

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

my rodimus prime is innconcet

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted guilty he got the greatest Autobot of any generation killed because he didn't listen to Kup. While I liked Hot Rod and was ok with Rodimus, nobody replaces Optimus Prime.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never really disliked Rodimus, to be honest. Megs was after all reaching for the pistol, and he knew he was about to be shot by Prime. I like to think he would have killed Prime even if Rodimus didn't interfere. So, innocent.