The Transformers' Weak Spots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimegatron, Aug 8, 2011.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    During DOTM it is stated byLennox (I think it was Lennox) that the Transformer's weak spots are the eyes. Clearly because it blinds them (i.e Starscream)
    So far so good.
    But I believe that the Transformers have some sort of a soft/weak spot in their shoulders. Notice how in almost every majoor battle (Forest, desert, Chicago) at least one character had a sword/any other weapon stuck in their shoulders?
    During the forest battle, Optimus stuck his sword into Megatron's arm. I'm pretty sure it happened during the desert battle too, but I haven't watched ROTF in a while so... During the legendary Chicago battle in DOTM, Sentinel sticks his sword in OP's shoulder, therefore removing his arm, later in the battle, Optimus sticks his axe into Sentinel's shoulder.
    Do you think the actual perpouse of this method os just to remove the enemy's arms, leaving them defenceless, or an actual weak spot to inflict pain?

2. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I think it would be easier from a fighting stand point to just remove the arms.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh the shoulder is a weak spot alright. We all remember how Brawn died in the 86 movie.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Lennox pretty much surmised in TF1 unarmored parts are vulnerable to weapons fire. Also suppression fire rattles a Transformer's sensors according to him in DOTM.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think it's a weak spot so much as an attempt by the attackers to disarm them.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Seems pretty standard for bipedal characters: the eyes being soft targets, along with the joints being vulnerable to extreme trauma.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    TFs need more protective visors. Or more eyes.

8. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Shoulder stabs are just failed head stabs.(if that makes sense.)

9. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    Well, for the 86 Prime it seemed his weak spot was his lower left "ribcage" area. Megs shot him at least twice in that spot as well and slicing him there too, before nearly knocking him out of the fight.

Funny thing was when they took out (DOTM) Starscream's eyes I was thinking about '86 Unicron at the same time... of course they fley in through one eye and drove out the other... then later the decepticons gave him new eyes in Season 3, which made his head look somewhere between wierd and sinister.

10. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

Lennox says in tf1 that the armor is weak under the chest so that could a weak spot

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Theres weak points exploited in all three movies.

In TF1 we learn that the transformer's chest is vulnerable because of their sparks. In ROTF we see that The transformer's heads aren't very firmly attached to their body that well and that in DOTM blinding them, getting on their back and using your weight to pull them down and gun shots jacking up their circuits.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Once again, that shot on Brawn went through his chest. Slow down the scene on an HDTV and watch as Brawn spins around. There's a hole in his chest that actually glows red for a few frames, and Brawn actually draws attention to the hole.

Anyway, on topic. If Transformers didn't have weak spots, how could people kill them? The Military would have been useless as it was in G1, when Earthly weapons couldn't harm the Transformers.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The Transformers' weak spots are conveniently created plot devices, which undermine any consistency and (potential) coherent internal logic within the trilogy lifespan.

14. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

But this movie is not G1!!!

15. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Wow, only a couple hours past, and already a second page? Keepe'm comin' boys!
    Still, most things said here so far are on topic but doesn't explain rather the shoulders are some sort of weak spot or not, but as it was said before, Lennox DOES say that unarmored joints are worthless, so I will assume that when the shoulders are attacked it's an attempt to remove their arms so they were useless and easier to kill.

16. Naivafatron

Naivafatron MEGATRON'S MINION

Human technology being able to harm a super sophisticated robot has always been really lame, having weak spots is even lamer. To be on topic it's always an advantage to rip off your opponents arms in battle. I would have liked to have seen someone with ripped off limbs try to transform and fail somehow.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It varies due the ridicuously elaborated physical structures of these guys, but the general weak spots are the eyes, head and chest.

Though neither of them is weak enough to destroy a Decepticon single-handedly, most cases where "weak spots" were exploited were exceptions [Blackout in TF1 had a hole on his chest that lead directly to his Spark, others TFs don't, and the TFs killed on "Operation Cranking Steel" in DOTM where killed through WheeljaQ's bombs, the eye-shot could just momentarily blind them, something around fifteen seconds at most].

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

:lol 

19. aku rock

aku rock Member

I dont think getting the arm ripped of is bad for the transformer as long as they can get it afterwards because in dotm starscream transformers in jet mode with his arm ripped of and just reattaches it later

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The joints are the weak points, they get loose if you play too much with them. Also the chrome paint.