The Transformers: The Fairycon Tales - Beginning

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by VectorPrime404, Jun 1, 2010.

1. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

THE TRANSFORMERS
    The Fairycon Tales
    Beginning

Chapter One: Meet the players

There was a sound of lubricant splashing, then tires squealing as brakes were ineffectually applied, and then a loud drawn-out "ARGH!" followed by a loud crash. Flashshot laughed gleefully, stepping out to survey the results of her handiwork.

At the bottom of the drop-off, the Autobot cavalier Hot Rod lay in a crumpled groaning heap, knocked partway out of altmode by the impact. He'd lost control after hitting the puddle of lubricant Flashshot had spread. He was fairly beat-up, and his inner workings were exposed in a couple spots. Flashshot took aim, charging her guns up to finish the job. "Nighty-night, Autobrat."

However, before she could fire, a hail of yellow-orange blasts forced her to take cover. Kup, Chromia, and Firestar had arrived, and Chromia was letting loose, pinning Flashshot down while Kup and Firestar saw to Hot Rod.

"Can you transform, lad?" Kup asked him. "Only back to car mode, and I lost three tires," Hot Rod responded, retracting his legs and arms fully "I'll get you out of here, kid," said Firestar as she transformed. "Load him into my bed, Kup" she said. The older Autobot gently maneuvered Hot Rod into Firestar's truck bed, and then transformed himself. "Time to pack it in, Chromia. Let's go." Chromia took one last shot at Flashshot before transforming and following them.

Flashshot was disappointed that her target had gotten away, but seeing him fall like that had been quite entertaining, so it wasn't a total loss. And there were always more Autobots to kill. She transformed and flew off to go find some.

Flashshot enjoyed the air rushing over her pyramidal hull. She did not enjoy said hull as much, though. She was envious of the Seekers in Megatron's crew, specifically of their less-bulky Earth-jet transforms. It must be so much easier to move in those bodies, she thought. What was that jet called again? An F-15? Or was it an Eagle? Or were both correct? It didn't matter, though. All that did was getting reformatted into one.

A large column of smoke caught her attention. That'll be Firebomb's doin', no doubt, she thought. The pink tank-former was known for being a pyromaniac. Flashshot moved in for a closer look. There was a pile of dead Autobots, all fused into heaps of slag to some degree. Smoke billowed from the smoldering ruins of their enemies. Flashshot saved a few choice glances to her hard-drive. "Firebomb!" she called. "Save some for me!"

The tank-former rolled up and transformed. "If I see anymore, I'll tell you. I think we've scared 'em off. Pity," commented Firebomb. "I was having fun. Where'd Silverwing and the rest get to?" As if to answer her question, Silverwing, Needlenose, Misfire, Longblast, Scorchcross, and Eagle Eye came flying in. "We gotta bail, right now!" said Silverwing urgently. "Mags is coming, and he's got Skyfire, two of the Dinobots, and three of the Aerialbots with him."

"Blast it! Which Dinobots?" hissed Flashshot angrily. "Grimlock and Sludge," Silverwing answered. Inwardly, Flashshot groaned. Ultra Magnus alone was a dangerous opponent. Skyfire and the Aerialbots could counter the Decepticon fliers well enough. And the Dinobots were nigh invulnerable, on top of having lots of raw power and being canny fighters. Already weakened and low on fuel, her unit was no match.

Silverwing interrupted her thoughts with an exclamation of, "Oh smelt, here they come! We gotta haul aft!" Firebomb transformed back to vehicle mode and shifted to her flight configuration, joining them as they flew away.

Some time after they escaped, Flashshot received a transmission from Shockwave. "Lord Megatron requests the presence of you, and your subordinates Firebomb and Silverwing. He requires you for a special plan of his. Report to my watchtower immediately." "At once, sir."

"Firebomb, Silverwing, Megatron's askin' for us. We're goin' to Shockwave's watchtower. Eagle Eye, you're in charge 'til further notice."

As the three flew towards the tower, each was thinking about the implications of Megatron calling for them.
    If Megatron's asked for us, we're probably Earth-bound.

I'll finally get that Earth-jet upgrade
    , thought Flashshot.

The Dinobots are usually on Earth. Which means I'll be able to find that blasted furnace-mouthed Slag and out-flame him, thought Firebomb.

Earth. Lots of humans to screw around with. Lots of Autobots who haven't been warned about me. Such fun
    , thought Silverwing.

They transformed, landed on the 4th-story pad, and headed in.

2. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Intriguing start! I hope to be ble to read more.
    A new alt-mode for Flashshot...she should try for something even sleeker than the F-15.

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

4. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

First chapter now complete.

5. snavej

snavej 5th Dan garage tidier

News Credits:
    This is a pretty standard Transformer war tale. It hasn't got far yet, so I don't know how good it is overall. There seem to be a fair few cliches, which is normal in fan fiction. The trouble with cliches is that, although they are comfortingly familiar, they don't usually go anywhere new. Have the new characters got any other mission, besides fighting?

One of my personal bugbears is why do Transformers hardly ever use nuclear (or similar) weapons? If they have the dedication to fight for millions of years, why don't they use an effective technology that humans mastered in the 1940s? It could help bring a quicker end to the war. They all want to win the war so badly, yet they rarely consider the nuclear option.

6. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I'm ready for more, pour it on.

Interesting take... I'd love to see what you think of my fan fic... that is if you can get past my horrible grammer.

I will say this about VectorPrime's story so far... it may share some of the same old themes, but it doesnt seem like the same old story told 50,000 ways.

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Snavej: About your personal bugbear: Nuclear radiation can have adverse effects on Transformers too. And they are more likely to use the fissionables and fusionables needed to make nuclear bombs for fuel. Also, let us not forget Megatron's famous FUSION cannon.

Chapter 2: Megatron's plan

Flashshot, Firebomb, and Silverwing stood at attention as Megatron looked them over. "I see you keep yourselves in proper repair. Good. Your records are excellent. You are perfect for what I have in mind.

"I have been reading some Earth literature, tales of powerful beings called 'fairies'. Some of them benign, but some malevolent, especially in the older stories. And some of the powers of these 'fairies' could be very useful in crushing the accursed Autobots.

"I have managed to get Vector Sigma to create power chip rectifiers based on some of the these abilities. I plan to create a subgroup equipped with them to create havoc amongst the Autobots. So far I have only three power chips available, and the three of you would be perfect to test them. Report to the repair bay for upgrading and Earth-vehicle reformatting immediately."

"At once, lord Megatron!" The three marched to the repair bay. The Constructicons were waiting. Hook's attention was drawn to Flashshot. He inspected her body shell closely.

"Mm. Definitely an authentic Skyraider-type Seeker body. The one that was on display in the factory lobby for such a long time, if I'm not mistaken. And you keep it in decent repair. Good to see someone who appreciates a good design. Now, lie down on the repair table and enter rest mode."

Flashshot did as ordered. When she awakened she felt more powerful. "Now it's time for you to try out your new abilities," Scrapper told the three. "Flashshot, you're to report to training arena Gamma-1. Silverwing, you go to arena Gamma-2. Firebomb, you head to obstacle course Alpha-6. You'll find sentinels to test your powers on. And Shockwave says not to destroy any until after you've tested your chips." This last was directed mainly at Firebomb. "When you're done, report to the control room and await further briefing."

Flashshot entered the arena, and was surrounded by the drone sentinel units. She activated the newly-installed power chip rectifier. Dazzling lights were projected all over the area around her. The sentinels became disoriented, looking around in a confused daze. Some were even stunned. "Nice." Flashshot took aim at one, then stopped. Why waste sentinels? She exited the arena.

Silverwing also found herself surrounded. She lazily flew over their heads and landed a few astroyards away. She leaned back, yawned, and then engaged her new power chip. "Easy boys. I'm not a threat. Have I attacked you yet? Nah. So you can relax, switch off." Hypnotic signals were transmitted to the sentinels as she spoke. It was not enough for control, however, merely suggestion. But it along with her non-hostile actions and words was enough. "Ah, this is perfect." She also refrained from destroying the sentinels, but she did take the opportunity to engrave "Spank Me" on one's back and plant a paint bomb in the doorway.

Firebomb was not approached by any sentinels until she moved to the marker in the center of the obstacle course. Reluctantly, she activated her power chip. She soon forgot her irritation when she saw the effect. The Sentinels were trapped, unable to reach her or retreat. They were "mazed", forced to retread the same ground even if they went in a straight line. Firebomb laughed for a good two minutes, randomly shelled about half of them, and then left for the control room.

Silverwing was looking bored, leaning against the wall, but Flashshot was standing erect with a smile on her lip components. "You're in a good mood, Flashy," said Firebomb. "What about?"

"I've been wanting an Earth jet upgrade for a while now," Flashshot said. "My Cybertronian form was awkward to move in. And what have I told you about calling me Flashy?"

"To not do it unless I want to start dating you, otherwise you'll shove my barrel in my exhaust port. Ooh, that's right. I remember when your wings wedged that one time you was on patrol with Skywarp. He laughed it up so hard. How didja pay him back for that?"

"I welded a 'Kick Me' sign to his back. Now both of you stand to attention, lord Megatron returns."

The mighty silver handgun who was lord and commander of all Decepticons strode into the room. "I have seen your tests. Excellent. From this day forth, you are... The Fairycons! You will be accompany me to Earth in two hours. Prepare."

8. snavej

News Credits:
    With these powers derived from fairies, the Fairycons could perhaps defeat Megatron and his loyal followers, then take over the Decepticons. According to the folk tales that I've read, fairy powers are actually very fearsome, e.g. (a) repeatedly calling down lightning, (b) speeding up or slowing down time, (c) psychic mind control (already shown), (d) shifting people into other reality 'frequencies' so that they hardly ever get home again, (e) trans-substantiation - changing substances into other substances (straw into gold, fuel into poison), (f) super-speed and teleportation, (g) phase-shifting so that physical weapons can't hurt them, etc. etc.

If the Fairycons really do have fairy powers, they could potentially defeat all Transformers and others who challenge them. The situation is similar to Superman vs. Batman. Batman is tough but Superman is way out of his league.

However, what would the fairies based on Earth do about this? Would they object to others using their powers? Would they see them as threatening challengers? There's a good chance. Alternatively, the fairies themselves could make a strategic withdrawal and watch the action from a safe distance.

9. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Well, their capabilities are limited. They each have one power based on some of the abilities Megatron read about in the old literature. Flashshot can do the dazzling lights thing, Silverwing has the ability of suggestion (think along the lines of the Dungeons & Dragons spell), and Firebomb can "maze" others. They don't have actual full-spectrum fairy powers. That would be on too high a power level. And they're loyal. Real fairies may or may not make an appearance in this.

10. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Well, their capabilities are limited. They each have one power based on some of the abilities Megatron read about in the old literature. Flashshot can do the dazzling lights thing, Silverwing has the ability of suggestion (think along the lines of the Dungeons & Dragons spell), and Firebomb can "maze" others. They don't have actual full-spectrum fairy powers. That would be on too high a power level. And they're loyal. Real fairies may or may not make an appearance in this.

11. snavej

News Credits:
    Fairy powers have a place of origin, i.e. the fairy realm. It is not possible to use the powers without having a connection to that realm. As long as one has such a connection, there will be a temptation to explore other powers available through the fairy realm. Decepticons always want more power, as we have seen in many other stories, so the Fairycons would try to expand their power sooner or later. If they are loyal, they will have to ask permission from their superiors first. Since the powers are so formidable, any use of them will have to be closely supervised. Furthermore, it will be very difficult to learn how to use these powers, so it probably won't be possible to start using them straight away. Either the Fairycons will gain expertise slowly through trial and error or they will find someone who can teach them the new skills.

If the Fairycons do gain new powers eventually, the fairies may decide that the situation has become unbalanced and unfair. They could grant powers to Autobots, i.e. Fairybots. Fairies do have a sense of fair play, as far as I know, which is one reason for the name 'fairy'.

12. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

It isn't even actual fairy power to begin with.

13. snavej

News Credits:
    I suppose they could be fairy pretenders! The point about exploring the nature of the powers is that there could be alternative uses of the powers.

Dazzling lights can blind, disorientate, hypnotise, induce epileptic seizures, interfere with light-sensitive machines, send messages, etc.

Have you considered that mazing might be a limited form of the power of suggestion, i.e. 'keep walking the same path indefinitely'? There might also be a connection to the dazzling lights, if those are hypnotic and can be used to give suggestions. However, there may also be some teleportation involved if the target person is trying to move in a straight line. I wonder what would happen if the person mazed was moving at high speed and/or flying, perhaps in a situation full of obstacles? There could be a terrible crash!

The power of suggestion could be a very great one. However, hypnotists worldwide know that such a power depends on cooperation from the target person. If he/she doesn't want to do something and feels strong enough to resist, he/she can easily resist. On the other hand, voodoo practitioners can create zombies out of people in their countries because those people have believed in voodoo for most of their lives and usually think that there is no escape from life as a zombie. In other words, they have been trapped by their own beliefs! Therefore, Silverwing needs to choose her targets with care because otherwise they could strike back hard. Mental enslavement is not very popular, as a rule.

If these fairy powers depend mainly on programming, they will need constant updating because the Autobot programmers will always be looking for countermeasures. This is all part of their silent electronic war with the Decepticons. Because there are so many Autobots involved in the electronic war, the Fairycons will need help from the other Decepticons to keep one step ahead. We are seeing this now in the real world as hackers and virus-writers are constantly trying to get ahead of the anti-virus programmers and vice versa. Although the Fairycons can receive programme updates through the airwaves, this would often be insecure, so they would have to get their updates from Decepticon bases or starships. They would have to physically go to these 'safe havens' for updates, so they couldn't stay out in the field for too long.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  14. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

...Did you follow the link in the first post? There's some important background info there. And like I said, Silverwing's suggestion power acts like the Dungeons & Dragons spell "suggestion". Well, more like a mix of that and "charm person". She doesn't have control. It's more like a booster to go along with whatever act she's pulling. It probably wouldn't work on beings like Megatron and Shockwave, or Grimlock, Slag, or Snarl. Sludge or Frenzy, now...

This is set within the G1 Cartoon continuity, not any of the comic series. This is pre-movie, obviously, but you can expect some of the characters to be at the Battle of Autobot City eventually.

Annoyed real fairies might show up at some point.