The Transformers Prime Series appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I also have an ethical plot hole concerning the Vehicons ... Are they real Transformers? I find weird the fact that Prime is quick to show mercy to threats like Megatron and Starscream and even Breakdown, but he apparently has no qualms slashing in half Vehicons during battle instead of just knocking them out. So, if it is stated that the Vehicons are something lower than Transformers (like semi-sencient robots) I'd like to know.

As for Megatron and Soundwave ... I blame their lack of frequent appearances, if nothing else. Soundwave is used so sparingly it's hard to gain fans, although when he appears, he shines most of the time. Megatron is very, very nicely done in my opinion, with episodes like Rock Bottom reminding me why he is cool as hell, and why he and Starscream need each other like Abbot and Costello. Plus, his scene with Jack was pure gold. But yes, for a leader of the Decepticons, he *is* somewhat underused, mostly due to his inactivity for about 8 episodes.

As for Starscream, I think it's safe to assume that he's definitely the protagonist of the Decepticon storylines, and perhaps the show itself. He is the only Decepticon we frequently get inside his mind, the only character we learn his plans beforehand. We become one with him, during the story, and most of us, instinctively, wish him the best. Twisted, but true.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

My thoughts exactly. I just didn't want to go to deep into the faults in the appreciation thread. It's good to know others feel the same way about those parts.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    TF: Prime is one of the better television shows I've watched in quite a while. Even the so-so episodes were better than 90% of the crap that's on the rest of the channels out there.

I cannot wait for the toys, especially Starscream. He's always been my favorite character, and seeing how he's developed so far, especially with Steve Blum doing the voice - I'm just extremely pleased.

G1 will always be a favorite, nostalgia being what it is, but I'm ranking Prime right up there with it.

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Vehicons seem to be somewhere along the lines of the red-shirts from the original Star Trek series (expendable extras with no names) and drone-like zombie-bots that function well enough to fight and take orders, but don't have a consciousness or self-awareness like the Decepticons and Autobots possess.

G1 and Beast Wars are my two favorite Transformers series. I enjoyed Animated and found it better than the A, E, C series but not as good as BW and even G1. Prime, however, is easily up there with G1 and Beast Wars. Where Animated was more cartoony and cheesy one-liners, Prime is darker, more mature and serious, yet still throws in some light humor here and there (i.e. Arcee telling Bulkhead and Miko about being silent but deadly).

Beast Wars and G1 started out with a handful of characters and later more characters were added as regulars or frequently reappearing. I hope we see the same in Prime with new Autobots and Decepticons added (please include T-Cracker and Skywarp anyway). I'm glad to see they are not over-doing it with Bumblebee this time around.

Ratchet seems to be slowly becoming more, uhm, accepting of the humans which is an interesting (even though not very exciting) progression. Overall, I really like this series. I hope they release the seasons on DVD/Blu-Ray.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really don't like the way the characters look but dang,... those stories are really really good so thats why I watch.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF is a pretty good show.