The Transformers Prime Series appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I had seen a trailer of TFP a few months back, and didn't gave it a lot of thought because it seemed low badget to me and was written by the guys who wrote ROTF. So I never paid any attention to the series.

About two months ago I stumbled upon a few Starscream videos on Youtube (through some links by some posters here on some Bayformer topics) and I saw a few scenes (specifically those about Starscream ursurping attempts) and I was instantly intrigued.

I tried to buy a few episodes from itunes, but since I'm Greek, I have no permission to buy something from the US itunes store. So I came here and downloaded the episodes.

And I was amazed.

This series is the best thing I ever saw TF-related by far, although granted, I haven't seen a lot of things besides G1, the Bayformers and a few Beast Wars eps. The characters, the action, the music, everything is perfect.

There are five things that stand to me the most in this series:

1) First and foremost, Starscream. It is obvious that we're getting a LOT of fanservice through him, and yet it is given in a way that doesn't feel cheap in any way. His relationship with Megatron is equally mesmerising with G1, and then some, since he has now a better IQ score, not resorting to his G1 antiques who in real-life terms would be a certain ticket to the scrapheap. I mean, openly threatening your boss that you're going to f*** with his plans and status quo is mind-bongling to todays audience. And of course, his epilogue in ep-20 is enough to make a SS fan have a nerdgasm.

2) Random interaction between characters. Jack meeting Megatron in Rock Bottom takes the cake, but I love the way the writers make the paths of various characters collide in a seemingly accidental manner out of nowhere. I don't mean like the way Jack meets Arcee, we all know that somehow the human characters are going to meet the Autobots, and while nice scenes, they're not WHOA! WTF!? scenes like the one I mentioned above.

3) Ladders of intensity. Many characters have their arc-enemies, and yet they also have other characters with whom they share a lesser, but strong nonetheless, hostile connection. Arcee hates Arachnid, but Starscream is also on her hit list, due to Cliffjumper. Breakdown hates Bulkhead, but he's also the only Con that wishes to kill Silas. Prime considers Megatron his arch-enemy / lost brother, but he also considers Starscream a threat not to be taken lightly.

4) Future consequences of present actions. If someone told me that SS killing Cliffjumper in ep-1 would have an effect on the events in ep-20, I would never believe it. And yet it's done in a way that makes you think that all events made their circle, actions were taken and consequences must be enforced. Solid, good writing.

5) The MECH faction. These guys are awesome, because in every episode their threat level increases. We all know they'll eventually create TFormers of their own in the future, and they were a good way of making Earth a potent power of Evil that was seriously lacking in previous TF series and films (no, DOTM human suck ups don't count)

Oh, and I loved how they try to make Prime a lot more G1, rather than continuing the homicidal trend he has in the Bayformers. I loved how he tried to talk Starscream into a truce, as well as Skyquake.

Seriously, I want to buy the episodes to support this series (I don't buy toys), I think it's the greatest TF series ever released and I can't wait to see more. I love Transformers Prime.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you can watch it whenever it airs in Greece to support it! I plan to do the same when it airs here... AND buy the toys too.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While the show isn't everything I'd want it to be all of the time I've got to say that I really enjoy the show. The characters are interesting and that keeps me coming back for new episodes to find out what will happen to them next.

I guess it doesn't hurt that I really like the look of the show as well. The robot designs kind of say something about their personality and I really like how expressive the faces are even if the lack of a nose can seem a little odd.

4. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I reckon it's become the best series since Beast Wars and Cybertron. Like the reviewer said on Seibertron, it's the dark love child of Beast Wars. Definitely a beautiful masterpiece with characters that have wonderful personalities (even Bee has a personality I see) and has a VERY damn good way of keeping me in suspense.

Let's just say I'm looking forward to another good episode. Maybe more real world references might pop in again or another Transformers reference. Transformers Prime is just amazing and I hope it continues to have me on the edge of my seat.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    This is my favorite TF TV series yet!

6. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Agree that this the best series yet. I enjoy pretty much everything about this show, including the humans--except for one very annoying one. At this rate, we should expect more emmys next year.

7. ngnikolaos

Every show needs a character who puts the team into trouble because of sheer recklesness, and Miko fits the bill quite nicely.

What I really love about this series are these moments of intensity, like the end of Rock Bottom. Megatron's gaze, Starscream's supreme voice acting and expressions, the music intensifying ... these moments are amazing. Or when SS was about to pull the plug on Megs and Soundwave's silence adds to the tension.

P.S: Anyone else besides me who got the feeling that Starscream set off to make some Combaticons at the end of episode 20?

8. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

It needs to pick up the pace before it joins Animated and Beast Wars, but it's good. Good stuff.

9. Ash from Carolina

I'll take Miko over Bumblebee because at least I know what Miko is saying.

For some reason I'm just not warming up to the character of Bumblebee but I'm liking what they have been doing with the Autobots and the named Decepticons so far.

As to what Starscream is up to I'm not sure but it would be really cool if Starscream becomes the leader of his own forces instead of having to be a solo bot.

10. ngnikolaos

I'm 99% sure that Starscream will create his own faction, quite possibly the Combaticons, or the Constructicons, which means Devah-State-Ohr!! That would be awesome, because the place will go Crazy.

Autobots - Lawful Good Faction
    U.S. Government - Neutral Good Faction
    Decepticons - Lawful Evil Faction
    MECH - Neutral Evil Faction
    Starscream's Combaticons / Constructicons - Chaotic Evil Faction
    Unicron - All-of-you-have-to-work-together-to-take-me-down Faction

The sky's the limit.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think this is one of the best series in a long time. Animated was good, but Prime has grabbed my attention much faster than Animated did.

12. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

Though I disagree completely
    when it comes to Optimus, I think
    Movie Optimus Acts more like G1
    Than TF Prime Optimus.
    Simply because I can see movie Prime
    doing everything that G1 prime does
    In G1 Optimus says thing like
    "Megatron is Mine" and "Heres my trophy"
    i can't see this Optimus saying thing like
    that just yet, but maybe later on we'll start
    to see that side of him, I hope :tongue: 
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion
    Though. this is just mine :) 

I do Love Transformers Prime i Love the
    Character interaction so far, really like the
    feel of the show, can't wait to see whats going
    to Happen Next and for the toys :D 

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Love the show and cannot wait for the toys.

14. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I love all the characters in the show, even the Decepticons, which is a first for me. The animation and music is amazing and I love the voice actors. It's the best TF series next to Beast Wars.

15. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My fav so far!

16. Ash from Carolina

Totally agree that the voice actors are doing a fantastic job.

17. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I sadly don't have The Hub but thanks to youtube I can watch these. TF Prime has to be one of my favorite TF shows. Breakdown and Knock Out are some of my favorite characters in it.

18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I feel that the writer's did a very good job establishing a new and interesting universe, great characters and some exciting plots. I'm really excited to see what they can do with it.

19. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

I am really enjoying Prime. It renewed my interest in Transformers far, FAR more so then the live action movies. Love the animation, the characters, etc. etc. praise praise ramble ramble etc.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I was also skeptical about the series but now it rivals with Beast Wars as my Favorite series. I have some problems like Decepticon adjectives are getting repetitive and sometimes I wonder what the Vehicons are there for but I am certain most of my problems will be resolved. I am really looking forwards to season two.

My biggest problem though is that somehow Megatron and Soundwave has lowered down to some of my least favorite characters but somehow Starscream who was one of my least favorite has made his way into my top ten favorites. I am not complaining about having a new character in my list, just the Meg & SW parts.

I love how Arcee is the main character instead of Bumblebee. I am also liking how much development the characters with new takes on them are getting.