The Transformers Prime and Beast Hunters toy-line appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by [Wing_Saber-X], Apr 4, 2012.

1. EradiconA113N

EradiconA113N But what if I am a robot?

So, I'm new to posting but I've had this thread saved in my favorites tab for years. TFP is my favorite line.
    a1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. EradiconA113N

My 100% absolute favorite TFP figure is the AM-16 Takara Tomy Jet Vehicon. I am sure I have thousands of pictures of him on my laptop.
    a3.jpg
    a2.jpg
    a5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. EradiconA113N

I started collecting the Prime series in the spring of '13. I can thank my would-have-been-roommate for that. She introduced me to the cartoon, which was on Netflix at the time, and I watched all two seasons in two days. I was glued to my laptop screen. After watching all of the seasons, I wanted more. So my actual roommate (who was friends with the other gal) told me about someone's stories about the toys on tumblr. This person wrote short stories as if the figures were real in her own home. They would also post pictures. That is what started my want for the plastic figures. And so, not very much longer I drove to toys-r-us and bought my very first Transformers ever. Knock Out and Soundwave. Then Voyager Scream from ebay, deluxe Bee and the deluxe vehicon. It was a long journey after that which got me my collection today.

One figure that I wanted for the longest time was the Takara Breakdown figure. And, as a lot of you probably know, he is $$$ online. Good luck finding him for anything cheaper than $100, or even $200 for that matter. I looked for him online for years, I looked for him at conventions. I was actually about to give up looking for him when I found him on ebay for a price I was willing to pay. I bought him. And I don't think I will ever put him into storage. He and Knock Out will always be out where I can see them. They will be together forever. I. am. just. so. darn. happy. that. I. have. him. I got him for $95, opened, used, (approx 7 dollars shipping) and I have since then never seen him that cheap. To anyone still looking for him, I wish you luck. Like I said, it took me YEARS to find him at a price I was willing to pay.
    a4.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. EradiconA113N

I love the cyberverse figures. I have them and the deluxe as well. What I like most about them is that they're so easy to transform (besides Megs and Bulk). The deluxe ones can take longer to fold. It's nice to have a quick ref if you're taking pics and wanna go from bot to alt mode in two seconds.

5. EradiconA113N

There's no limit. Heck, I have 5 of the purple jet and I'm still keeping an eye on the ones on ebay. They are like kittens and I've gotta get 'em all. lol I wish they'd make more in the newer lines like the TAV one for RID. They need to make a jet vehicon that's actually purple, though. All purple. That is my dream.

6. EradiconA113N

Have any of you guys seen Brawn? He uses the FE Bulk frame. I saw him one time randomly online. I'm not interested in him or anything--just wanted to mention that he was a redeco of Bulky. If you type "Brawn FE Bulkhead" into google images you can find/see him. I would post a pic but the credit wouldn't be mine. I personally think its just neat to see redecos of the characters you love.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be transformers cloud brawn, he was originally designed for the gdo generations subline but never saw release during that. Takara then took the idea and used it for their cloud line

8. EradiconA113N

a1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 10:52 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EradiconA113N

Smol
    a2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. JAZZBLASTER

JAZZBLASTER LOOSE CANNONS / WRECKERS CREW

Over the years i’ve been focusing more on collecting and appreciating MPs and 3Ps, but I’ve recently rediscovered my love for my old TFP figures and found that Wheeljack is definitely still one of my favorites from the line.

What Jackie lacks in articulation, he more than makes up for with attitude, character and a fun transformation!

I love the idea that TFP Wheeljack is a dual katana wielding badass but at the same time, i feel that as a Wrecker, he should have some proper weapons for proper wrecking - something big, loud and blunt - so I gave Jackie Combiner Wars Prowl’s triple-barreled shotgun and Mech Ideas Demolition Crue Apex/Geminus’ hammer.

8B439DFA-9E92-4C7A-8A13-BE6E38874C29.jpeg

10E207A6-1894-4EF9-813D-B17AB766F3C8.jpeg

E6922DCC-8108-47A6-9A7F-58ACB36D40C8.jpeg

Wheeljack looks definitely dangerous and absolutely awesome dual wielding a hammer and a shotgun! Don’t mess with The Jackhammer!

3F060BBF-6760-410B-942F-093D6640745E.jpeg

E6F23FC0-B798-4FD5-AE92-E36E17263D93.jpeg

AD77F5ED-CC03-4583-9F89-D6A266BEB50A.jpeg

I wasn’t too impressed with the Dr Wu Thunderclap upgrade kit for Jackie - the unmasked face and swords are nice but i was disappointed with the design, paint and quality of the arm cannons when i had the chance to check them out in hand.

I’m quite content with Jackie’s original face and swords but I still want to give him proper arm cannons. Are there any other 3P upgrade kits made for TFP Wheeljack with better design and quality?

4AEA2187-C2E9-41B1-9770-871EEAFF02F8.jpeg
    JACKHAMMER TIME! (you can’t touch this).

• Like Like x 5