The Transformers Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pauly T, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I originally posted this in the thread about Dinobot's induction at BotCon, but I don't know if the people still there are going to notice or if anyone is going to wade into a 50+ page argument at this point, but I'm really interested in the HoF itself and am curious if anyone else would wish to discuss it without the bickering. Well, here goes...

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's supposed to be every year. And you can probably bet on the 4 guys who didn't get in this year (Shockwave, Soundwave, Grimlock and Jazz) will definitely be on the list next year with the fans again picking the 5th guy. Early front-runners for the 5th place I would imagine would be:

Hot Rod, Ironhide, BW Megatron, BW Primal, Blaster, Ultra Magnus, maybe Omega Supreme.

That's just what I would guess, but who knows

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People-wise, I agree with Bay and Furman (though I've never been a fan of Furman's work, he is famous for Transformers, thus fitting for a Transformers Hall of Fame). I'd also suggest Frank Welker, Scott McNeil, Susan Blu (more as voice director than voice of Arcee), other critical toy designers, Stan Bush, and David Kaye.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    For people into the Hall of Fame, definetly Frank Welker, Wally Burr, Garry Chalk, David Kaye, Susan Blu, Scott McNeil, and probably Michael Bay as well. No Shia LaBeouf or Megan Fox... I miiight have to think about Fox. If she shows up in a two piece swimsuit and not a stick-thin body... hmm.

For bots, Soundwave is a shoo-in, and Ironhide, Ratchet, Devastator, BW Megatron, Primal, Shockwave, and Ravage will probably be among the nominees.

5. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saw this after posting my thoughts about it on that other thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...672-5th-robot-intro-class-54.html#post4941298

6. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

Yo Chopperface how could you leave out Pete Cullen!?!?!?!

7. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cullen's already in the Hall of Fame.

8. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

DOH! -headdesk-

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    The Touch should be put in the hall of fame by Itself as it is that Iconic to the brand!

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Flint Dille, Nelson Shin, Bob Forward, and Simon Furman are at the top of my list.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Simon Furman, David Kaye, Frank Welker and Corey Burton would be my picks. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the toy designers themselves but the guy who they call Mr Starscream should probably be discussed.
    Character wise, I'm hoping another obscure character gets in. I think BW Megatron is a strong enough character to have his own place, rather than being lumped in with Megatron. Wasp / Waspinator would be cool.

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Characters: Soundwave, Grimlock, Shockwave, Jazz, Rodimus or BW Megatron for the wildcard

People: Flint Dillie, Simon Furman, Frank Welker, or Latta (posthumous), DiTillio/Forward

Kaye and Burton deserve it, but I don't think they'll get in ahead of those guys.