The Transformers (G1) original score/soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JonLeung, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

Hi everyone, it's me again...not that you would remember me...long time lurker, second time poster.

The first time around I asked about what G1 series box set to buy. Thanks again to everyone who recommended the Chinese tin box set.

Ever since I received it on Sept. 3 (99 days ago), I watched an episode a day (I also watched Scramble City and the movie (again) to make it 100 days of Transformers) and I finished with The Rebirth: Part 3 today.

Now I really want to find (if it's available) the original musical score or soundtrack of The Transformers. Some of those tunes are catchy, I wish I could hear them in their entirety and without voices and sounds in the way. Is there such a one that can be purchased somewhere online?

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    My best guess would be iTunes. Other than that I dont know.

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I don't know that there's ever been an official soundtrack released for G1, but the best source that I can think of is the music library found at www.tfcog.com/

4. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Yes there has been a few actually. Unfortunetly only this one is still available.

The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
    Amazon.com: The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Various Artists: Music

If you are looking for the score alone, it was released a few times exclusively at botcon. But you will have a really hard time finding it for a good price. Last one I saw on e-bay go for a few hundred dollars. So they are hot ticket items. Shame they never rereleased them. Make a ton of cash now.

Soundtracks
    Main article: The Transformers The Movie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    In 1987, the official soundtrack was released in the USA by Scotti Bros. Records (now Volcano Entertainment).

The soundtrack was re-released on May 29, 2007. This version includes all ten tracks from the original soundtrack, plus new bonus material provided by Vince DiCola, who composed and produced the film's score. The bonus material includes three additional score cues and an alternate version of the Transformers Theme.

In 1997, 3H Enterprises released an album titled 'Til All Are One that features the film's score on two CDs. In 2001, 3H also released Lighting Their Darkest Hour, featuring the instrumental score; The Protoform Sessions, featuring early demos, outtakes, and alternate themes linked with narration by Dicola; and Artistic Transformations, featuring ten instrumental themes from the movie interpreted for solo piano.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The only G1 soundtracks I've heard of is the one released for the '86 movie and the BotCon exclusives.

As for the TV series score... don't think they ever saw the need to put it on CD. Though it would be nice to have one of just all the different versions of the Transformers theme. The ones from G1 Seasons 2 and 3 do get stuck in my mind.

6. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The music wasn't Japanese composed, was it?