The Transformers Drought: HA Mudflap And Voyager Mindwipe Where Are You?!?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jun 21, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Wow I've never seen a TF drought that has been this bad before. IDK what Hasbro is doing but every Walmart, Target, TRU is a barren wasteland in the Delmarva region.

I've NEVER seen HA Mudflap or Voyager Mindwipe here. The only time I've ever seen Mindwipe is at a Walmart in Niagara Falls, Canada on my honeymoon in May.

Wow just wow this is getting frustrating.....Hasbro are you listening? Has anyone else had trouble finding these two figures?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    me, becuzse wave 3 jsut recently arrived (well they arrived early thsi year btu still)

and im stuck with a shelfwarmers of HA BEES AND Sideswipes

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, I can't find that blasted Tuner Mudflap anywhere!

Seriously though, no sign of Red Rampage or the helicopter dude. Or HA Mudflap.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I have seen 1 Evac and 0 HA Mudflaps in all of the stores by me.

I know of 5 stores that have at least 20 Tuner Mudflaps though:lol 

5. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Yeah I havent seen them either, I'm just going to get one off amazon tho.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Distribution problems are the store's fault, not Hasbro's. However, as someone who just paid $56 on ebay to get a Mindwipe and Skystalker pair, I can feel your pain

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'm not into movie toys at all but I have seen Mindwipe here. But only at Target.

8. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    It's highly unlikely that three different store chains are all having Transformers distribution problems at the same time. They can't distribute what they don't have......methinks this is a Hasbro issue.

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I own evac and red rampage, mindwipe.....no ha mudflap though....

10. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    I call BS i have never seen that effing mindwipe anywhere, and as far as red rampage goes did'nt even know that was out.

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ha mudflap, i got mine from brianstoys.com. retail price plus shipping....mindwipe clogged when it first came out, now it seems its residing in all the kmarts i pass
    good luck on your hunt.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    You can blame Hasbro for shipping out the crappy repaints/designs that clog the shelves, but they are not forcing 50 cases of Lockdown/Tuner Mudflap/Whatever is in that wave, and early Voyagers down most retailers throats. To me it just looks like retailers stopped ordering since they have been sitting on pegs full of warmers for the past three months. Really too bad that we didn't see Red Rampage make the shelves. I am just glad I didn't have any interest in Skystalker, cause those things got scooped up fast (never did see one, but wasnt really looking).

13. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got incredibly lucky when wandering around Wal-mart on my lunchbreak a month ago. A lone Red Rampage was on the pegs. It was weird, because I think it was the same day he had been reported as spotted. Needless to say I snatched him up on the spot.

Though other than that, zip nada nothin'.

14. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Once I see HA Skids, I'll have hope for other toys to come.

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We are in the standard "end of line" lull. Retailers order a lot of mid line stock, then get overwhelmed with shelf/peg warmers. They track items by assortment, not item. So when it comes time to look at ordering the next wave and they have 18 deluxes on pegs that hold 18 deluxes they aren't going to order up more cases that they can't shelve. Unfortunately it is a bit of a feedback loop where the stores don't sell stuff, so they don't get new stuff that people want to buy, so they don't sell stuff.

Wait a few weeks for WFC stuff to get moving and all of the other stuff to be going and you'll be complaining about not having enough money to buy all of the new stuff.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Got the only sky stalker and evac i saw, have not seen a single mindwipe, defender Prime or Ha Mudflap not that im interested in the HA line.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't think Mindwipe was all that rare. The figure has been out for at least four months and I've seen a number of them over than period of time. He's not common, sure, but hasn't been hard to find, in my experience.

HA Mudflap, I wouldn't be surprised if that's released in a revision case with HA Jazz at some point. Just need to give it time.

I don't think it's a distribution problem, it's an ordering problem...and retailers are responsible for that. Retailers probably aren't ordering much of the latter waves of RotF product because they're trying to get rid of what they have before the Yellow Box TFs, PCC and Generations lines start up. It's the same reason that the major chains have had RotF stuff on sale for the last month or so, because they're trying to move it out. Retailers aren't going to order the same amount of the later RotF waves, because then they'll just have to clear those out too before the new lines start.

18. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I've found several Mindwipes, but never picked him up. He's on the list, just not at the top.

As for HA Mudflap... Haven't seen it.

19. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I have seen my fair share of Mindwipes. I believe my local Target has one or two on the shelf right now.

I got my HA Mudflap from BBTS. I paid a pretty penny, but I also missed out when it was in stock at HTS for a day, right after Easter. Saw it was in stock, but passed, hoping and believing it would show up on shelves that week or soon thereafter.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    HA Mudflap is harder to find than fucking Big Foot.