The Transformers Animated Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 10, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Since we now know that TF:A will be done after only 13 more episodes let's use this thread to tell everyone what we liked about the show and to thank the people involved with making it what it was.

I'll start. Animated is a GREAT show. It took aspects from G1 and BW and mixed things up with it's own creativity and ingenuity.

It is the best show since BW and is definitely in the top three along with BW and G1. Hasbro/CN isn't letting it live long enough to relaize just how much it is beloved by most of the fandom.

Thank you Derrick Wyatt for you sleek, smooth, g1-esque designs. Thank you to you and Marty Isenberg for caring about the Transformers universe enough to let it show through in the final product. Good luck to you both and everyone else involved in making the show and toyline for that matter. Transformers Animated will be sorely missed.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Dude, you really have been reading my mind today. I was going to start a thread myself to thank all the people who worked on the show to tell them how much a lot of us have loved this series but you beat me to it.

So for any TFA staff people that might read these boards:

THANK YOU!

Thank you for an awesome show!

Thank you for all the love and care that you have put into the designs, the writing, the voice acting, the toys, - everything.

Thank you for capturing lighting in a bottle. For creating a show that truly is a family show for all generations of TF fans. A show that both young and old can watch together and enjoy equally for their own reasons.

Thank you for all the G1 nods and in-jokes, but also for taking characters we love and putting a new spin on them that made them unigue to TFA. Rarely has Ultra Magnus or Wreck-Gar, etc., seemed cooler. But thank you for not just stopping at G1 and looking across the entire board to characters like Waspintor and Strika, etc. Thank you for also giving us new characters to love like Lugnot and Bulkhead who are just as interesting as anyone else in the TF mythos.

Thank you for all the voice actors - the cameos that make us smile like John Moschitta and Weird Al, for daring to think outside the box and making our Megatron, Optimus in David Kaye and bringing back Corey Burton to the franchise for some of his best TF work ever. And kudos for getting Sue Blu to oversee it all.

Thank you for Sari. As a female fan this really matters to me. To see a female lead in the series who I can identify with and for all those little girls who are now fans of TFs and might not have checked out a TF show if not for a strong female lead. And thank you for making her Indian-American. This show has done a great job showing us a multi-racial human cast whenever they appear.

Thank you for finding time to include Rodimus Prime in season three and for not making him Sentinel. I am very exicted to see my favorite TF character (next to Bumblebee) will make it into the show before it ends.

And finally thank you to all the TFA guests I got to meant at BotCon 2008 - Marty, Derrick, Matt, Bumper, David, and Tara. It was an honor and such a fun privilage to be chosen to perform with you the voice actor script as Flareup and to meet and talk personally with all of you. It was truly one of the best experinces I've ever had as a TF fan. If I make it to BotCon 2009, I look forward to seeing any of you again.

LOVE LIVE TFA!

Fairlady Z

3. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    WOW....GREAT post Fairlady!!! Thank YOU for getting this thread off to such a great start!!

4. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    well I know I will miss Animated a lot. I loved all the nods to past shows and the artwork was just great.

Transformers Animated, you will be missed.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thank you to Eric Siebenaler, lead designer of Transformers Animated, for giving us some of the most amazing toys I've ever held in my hands. They are simplistic yet fun, creative, and full of imagination. I don't feel like I'm holding a car that turns in to a car-robot, I feel like I'm holding an actual character, which is something I haven't felt since I was a little kid and thought that the G1 toys were sooooo show accurate :lol 

A thank you to the rest of the members at Hasbro worked on Animated (Vickie, Billy, etc.)

A huge thank you to Derrick Wyatt. I really believe that your partnership with Eric at Hasbro on making these character designs is the glue that held this series together from start to, sadly, the untimely finish. I am a huge fan of the work that you have been a part of, and I can't wait to see all of it in action on the third season. It's beyond obvious that you have a strong love for this franchise, and I don't believe Animated could be any better, or even as good, if someone else was doing your work. Thank you.

A thank you to Marty Isenburg, for helping create some of the most amazing Transformers stories that, for once, didn't feel like a rehash of something we've seen before. The subtle nods were great, and kept us older fans excited for what was next.

And lastly, a thank you to the cast - Bumper, Tara, David, Corey, Tom, etc. ... for all their hard work and making their characters come to life. For once I wasn't watching "Armada Starscream trying to be G1 Starscream" ... I was watching Starscream again, his own character, almost a reinvention of the character. And Tom's voice was spot on.

So thanks from a 27 year old fan who thought for a few months he was 6 years old again, racing home to watch the cartoon and looking for his favorite characters in the toy aisle at the store. Animated may end in the comics and on TV, but I assure you that it will be lasting a long, long time in the hearts and minds of those who adored the hell out of it.

6. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Kickback--Your post was GREAT and you absolutely hit the nail on the head with the quote above. Animated hit home for alot of us old-school fans and made us feel like kids again.

The toys made the nostalgia of our childhood come rushing back more than any other all-new toyline. (for me at least.)

The cartoon was a must-see every week......i haven't looked forward to a cartoon based show since I was a kid. I had it TiVo'ed every week and I don't care about enough shows to TiVo much of anything.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Thank you for your kind words GrimlockAutobot.

Great post, Kickback. Eric S. deseves so much praise as well. The toy accuracy astounds me for TFA and the best part of all is that TFA does make me fell like a kid again that 8 year old girl again (just like Sari is) who first fell in love with TFs back in '84, more that any TF incarnation to date both with the show and the toys.

8. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Have to say I loved every minute of it. It brought me back to being a kid again and reminded why I love Transformers. This is a real balls up, the only thing that should have been cancelled about TFA was PSJ333

9. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

Thank you Hasbro and those in charge of the show. It made this 31 year old feel like a kid again making sure I watched it every Saturday morning during a time when Saturday morning Cartoons really suck.(last 15-20 years) Thank you for the Interesting designs and G1 nods and actually interesting repaints (stealth lock down, seekers). Thank you for trying to keep a relatively even Autobot to decepticon ratio. not perfect, but to me for the first time in a long time there are almost as many cons as there are bots. Thank you for a story that keeps you involved from week to week and still adding in the occasional stand alone episode to break it up sometimes. Overall thank you for a Great Line and Show that will be sorely missed once the movie comes out. I understand the move to more movie centric b/c of the blockbuster appeal but we collectors really enjoyed this filler line and show. Wish you could have stretched it out longer seeing as one season of A/E/C was 50 episodes and we'll have 3 total seasons with less than 50 total. But Thank you immensely for what we got!

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I really wish that S3 wasn't the last season, this show was like a ray of light in between the shelfwarming movie toys and such. I'll admit that I was one of those who disliked Animated at first, but after I saw the first episode it was the best cartoon I'd seen in years on CN's crap-ladden block. The toys are engineering marvels, too, and much more complex than they look.

I'd like to personaly thank the guy who came up with the idea to do "Garbage in, Garbage Out". That one episode was the funniest I'd ever seen of any good cartoon of all time. Weird Al voicing Wreck-Gar and the unlimited fanwanks was just icing on the cake.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Animated ROCKS. The End.

Thank you to everyone behind it. I know I wasn't a huge fan when the first poster was revealed, but that quickly changed.

A barrage of virtual man-hugs to the whole staff, cast and crew of TF:A.

I love each and every Animated toy I own in it's own way, even Voyager Megatron and Lockdown. I could not begin to express my positive feelings towards the show and toys.

12. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

I just feel sadden that something that had so much love in it got cut down early.

Derrick and Marty etc clearly love working on it and i imagine that there as disheartened as we are. I can't imagine how much it must suck to have something planned out, to go into an extra season, after you've just finished one to be told not to bother and forget all the pre-season planning.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just happy that, for the first time since Beast Machines, there was a TF series where characters (robot characters) acted and showed emotion, and didn't need half a page of dialog to convey a thought ('cept Blurr). Credit to the writers, animators, designers, and voice artists. Extra credit to everyone who worked on the toys, for their ability to radiate so much personality despite being, for all practical purposes, a static piece of plastic.

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I just want to thank the creative teams for making TFs fun again to watch. I hope whatever comes next will feel natural after leaving Animated behind. I will truly miss it!|!

15. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Simply put, a show that died before its time.
    There was more to tell, and i'm sad we won't get to see it.
    It will be missed.
    It will be mourned.
    It will not be easily replaced.
    It can't be replaced.
    It was simply the best.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated was a fantastic cartoon and a brilliant toyline. I'm utterly gutted that it's being cancelled.

On another note, I'm happy for all that it has given us. The toyline has given us some incredible toys such as Leader Megatron, and the cartoon has given us hours of fun. Animated has also kept the franchise alive and healthy, so when the next cartoon rolls around we'll all be there to greet it.

Thankyou to all involved in Animated, thankyou so much.

17. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I'm only gonna rant on the good of TF animated this time around.

Seemed like a nod to G1 while also keeping it a bit original as far as stories, character designs and personalities go (heck, it was canceled like G1 too).

It had a lot of potential, I would have liked to see at least one more season after season 3. There's gonna be a lot to explain that hopefully the comics will tell of in the future.

Favorite Characters:

Autobots:
    Prowl
    Ultra Magnus
    Jazz

Decepticons:
    Blitzwing
    Megatron (the best one in YEARS if I may say so).

A special thanks to the writers, voice actors, produces, technical staff, and everyone else who added another chapter to the TF lore.

18. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    I'm not going to sit here and kiss their asses for giving what we as a fandom have deserved for at least 10 years....a decent follow up to G1.

Fuck you for killing it early.

19. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

I'm really sad to hear that the series is ending after only 3 seasons. then again, a lot of transformer shows have ended that way too.
    This, however was easily my favorite. It was a throwback to a lot of things G1 fans loved, while throwing in a ton of new concepts that were really implemented well.
    thanks writers, producers, artists, voice talent, EVERYONE involved with that project, for producing a show that made me feel like a kid again, and enjoy it every step of the way.
    hopefully this doesn't effect the toy line. I want my Omega Supreme darnit!

20. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just have to say it stinks that Animated is ending in its prime. (pun unintentional)

G1 was the only series I have never seen an episode of, simply because I wasn't born yet. And the only way I can see an episode now is on MonkeybarTV's shortened 'webisodes' Blech.

Animated allowed myself and what I believe to be quite a few other people a good look into several characters that were in the G1 series, such as Swindle and the Dinobots. I enjoyed watching every single episode (with an exception or two, maybe) and I will surely miss it.

The show also gave me my newest all-time favorite TF character from any series: Wreck-Gar. :)