The Transformers 2 Treatment

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OptimusTOM, Oct 2, 2007.

1. OptimusTOM

OptimusTOM Member

was 2 feet away from me yesterday, but alas... i could do nothing about it.

I live in LA, and I was having a meeting with the President of Mandalay films about a script that my writing partner and I wrote. Anyway, he said he had a meeting with Michael Bay tonight about "this" and held up the treatment. A cover page with the Transformers font; it simply read Transformers 2. And below were the writers/directors and all the usual crap. It was stapled and had about 2 pages of type behind it. Maybe 1 page, not sure. Anyway, next time I talk to the guy, I'll try to squeeze out some details from the treatment.

Not sure why they were meeting with Bay, maybe they are looking for extra investors or something...

Anyway, for a old school TF nerd like me... it was kinda exciting. The GOOD NEWS is that this guy that was meeting with Bay was also an old school comic fan... and he was pissed about Soundwave not being in the 1st one, so he's really on board for that, we talked about the Dinobots and he said that would be great, so maybe he addressed these things in his meeting with Bay last night.

I should be talking to him soon since he wants our script, so when I do... i'll ask for some details... ;) 

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Cool. :) 

Can't wait for more info!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting. I personally would have waited till after I spoke with him again, this way, I would definetly have something to tell the rest of us before posting a thread about it, or if he didn't let anything slip, I wouldn't have to come back to a thread with no info (I know of some people on here that would get furious for no reason if you came back after talking with the guy, and wasn't able to present us with any new info, though I'm not one of them :D ).

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Did you see who was listed as the writers?

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    awesome man! its all about the inside leaks.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Awsome can't wait to hear more(maybe its a list of some posible characters for tf2!)

7. OptimusTOM

OptimusTOM Member

Yeah, sorry about not really having any info, didn't mean to make a bunch of hype and then cheat everyone out of it... just was excited...

I'll see what I can do...

ps. Didn't see close enough to make sure it was the same writers, but I assume it was, he didn't say anything otherwise.

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I thought the original writers were unavailable for TF2 cuz they went on to work on the new Star Trek movie?