The toys we've lost...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Apr 17, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hey again! I'm gonna start another topic, but I dunno if it'll take off like the career-path one. Anyways, I've had a couple of people reading my collection thread tell me good job on my Overlord. Overlord is cool, sure, but there's plenty of awesomely rare and cool shit that's passed through my collection over the years. Here's what I can remember...

MIB Star Sabre (2nd ed. G1 box - sold after mom's cat chewed the sword)
    MIB Victory Leo (sold when I needed cash for car-repairs. Not as cool without SS)
    MIB Zetoca (Godmaster figure from Masterforce - sold for unrememberable reason)
    MIB Goshooter (from Headmasters - traded for something...can't remember)
    MOSC Shuta Masterforce bracelets (sold to buy car-stereo)
    c9+ Sky Lynx (I have no clue what happened here)
    c8+ Omega Supreme (sold for $80 - am buying same one within a week or two)
    c9+ Sixshot (complete - sold for car repairs)
    c9+ Piranacon (complete - sold along with SS & V-Leo to buy 1st car & pay bills)
    G1 Kabaya Battle Gaea (can be seen in J.E. Alvarez's book w/my name under it)
    MIB Metroplex (complete w/rubber wheels - traded for Brave Maximus)

All of those items were bought and sold between 1999 and 2003. Up until recent I haven't had much luck acquiring cool shit like Overlord, Scorponok, and the like. It was just the store-available ones and the occasional G1 I found at the flea market. Anyone else part with unique stuff?

~Z

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well since Beast Wars have held onto all the ones I've gotten. But before that had traded off my G2 Megatron(green tank) for cards, and I used to have powermaster Optimus Prime but lord know what happened to him. So many from being a kid that got lost....can't remember them all.

3. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

I didn't have a whole lot of what you'd call super-rare stuff from G1 as a kid, but I had a few real winners. Of course, it's the old story...Mother got tired of 'em being around, tossed the suckers out.

Sigh...Predaking, Monstructor, Scourge, Piranacon, Omega Supreme, Grimlock, Slag, Powermaster Optimus Prime...some others, but those are the ones that stick out. I was able to replace the Powermaster Prime, and I'm working on re-assembling Piranacon.

Then, my second collection started during the BW era, which was largely show characters from the second season...TM Optimus and Megs, Quickstrike, Rattrap, Airrazor, Dinobot II, Tarantulas, stuff like that. Nothing real rare or hard to find. I lost these in a move. But those I've replaced, for the most part.

4. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    shockwave broke his arm off in 90 threw him out-still don't have
    prowl snapped in half by my cousin in 88- bought the reissue satisfied!
    dog ate mix master and long haul in 87-found in a ebay auction in 2002 big d lives!
    optimus prime crushed by a oil truck 90-bought one complete with box ect in 2003
    scorpnok stolen in 89 was gonna get for christmas and my parents had it in the back of the car. I picked it out with them. Stopped to pick up other presents at home came out and broken window still haven't got it !!!!!!

5. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of my collection got turned into the landfill when my mom got tired of them cluttering up her attic, I am lucky there were a few that survived. The thing that hurts the most were the ones that survived were in an old metal can, kind of like those you can get around chrismas time filled with three styles of popcorn, and the ones that got tossed I had complete with all the parts and in the box. I thought my dad was nuts for always having my save the boxes, who knew. Optimus Prime (although the toy itself was beat to hell and even held together by crazy glue), Ultra Magnus, Metroplex, Trypticon, Sky Lynx, Jetfire, Galvatron, Gnaw, Blurr, Hot Rod all got tossed in there boxes.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Oh god... where do I start?

G1 (when I was a kid):

Megatron - Stepped on by fat kid across the street.
    Optimus Prime - Broke from rough play.
    Windcharger - Melted in a vat of paint thinner.
    Skywarp - No idea what happened to him, I think he got lost in the move from Covington to Louisville
    Devastator - See above.
    Jetfire - See Above
    Warpath, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper - See above.
    Metroplex - Snapped at the waste, rough play.
    Omega Supreme - No idea, may have gone missing when we moved from the first apartment in Louisville to our first house here.

It seems I also remember having Shockwave, Prowl, Whirl, a few Arielbots, and a few Technobots, but I have no idea when I lost them or when they went missing.

Beast Machines - Complete set of Vehicons, sold when short on cash.

RID -
    All car brothers and all repaints, Optimus Prime - Ultra Magnus - Sold when I was short on cash.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I made the mistake in highschool of giving away all my TFs. Thought I had outgrown them. Hmph, shows what I know, Sure wish I hadn't done that, some worth mentioning and in good condition were.
    Trypticon
    Metroplex
    Omega Supreme
    Devestator
    Dinobots
    Soundwave and Many cassettes
    Ops
    Bumblebee and other mini bots

Again, I REALLY wish I hadn't tossed them. Dammit!

8. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I remember when I used to get free Transformers from the kids in school. I'd be like "Got any Transformers?" They'd say "Transformers are for kids." "Got any?" I'd reply. "Yeah, you can have em if you want." - done. I got a complete Sixshot that way - and that was in High School ('98, I believe)! Anyways, most sympathy goes to aey103 thus far. That's well over a grand worth of toys, man. Easy.

As of now, I've learned something from this thread. And I hope you have too. What is that lesson? When moving - carry your Transformers with YOU.

~Z

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    mom sold all my tfs at a garage sale back in 90 for 10 bucks. it still pisses me off.

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The G1's as a kid are the ones I miss dearly and spend my time trying to aquire them again. I had em all at one time.

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Out of all my TFs, the only one I've ever lost was my G1 Beachcomber. That was my first ever TF, too. I have no idea where it went...

12. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I just seem to loose nebulans whenever I move.......

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I missed/broken by friends when I was a kid, I borowed toys to other kids who dident hade as much or something , a few were stolene tc etc. Bad times but it dident bother me then since I dident collected TFs mainly played. But now....boy what I wouldent give to go back and kick myself for playing with them/ borrowing them to friends etc etc...

Oh well the hunt now is almost as fun :) 

14. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    A lot of mine from when I was a kid simply disintegrated due to constant play:

"Shack"wave
    Huffer (my first TF, he sucks though, to be honest)
    3 complete Predacons (Headstrong, Divebomb, Rampage)
    Soundwave
    Ravage
    Laserbeak
    Grimlock
    Swoop (*sob*)
    Starscream
    Skids
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper

So I guess I can't really complain - the toys were played with to pieces by happy kids (me and my siblings), a fate all toys deserve, really.

And to be fair, my never-throw-anything-away parents simply put everything left in boxes in the basement. I retrieved:
    - G1 Ultra Magnus (a little rough, but 95% complete)
    - Complete Monstructor (I remember buying all 6 on clearance as a kid)
    - 1 Stunticon, 2 Technobots, 1 Constructicon (all we had of those gestalts as kids)
    - Various pretenders
    - tons of misc G1 parts and weapons that really help in reaquiring stuff of eBay

15. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was 8, I think, I gave back some kid's Trypticon after he totally f***ed up the thing I let him borrow.

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The only one I feel bad about is Stylor. I lost him at show and tell in grade 1. And never bothered looking for it. :dunce  Others like Shockwave and Ultra Magnus met the fate of all well played toys. Demolished, although UM cab was used to rebuild my Prime later on. But I did keep Shockwave's head to repalce Stylor. :lol 

17. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I lost all my TFs when I was a little kid. I had Optimus Prime, all the Seekers, Shockwave, the Dinobots, Soundwave and most of his tapes among others. One time, my family and I went to visit some of my parents' friends for a couple of days. My brother and I brought all of our TFs, plus a couple of He-Mans and GI Joes in a duffel bag. We left the bag at the front entrance. It was garbage day, and the oldest son of the people there threw away our bag along with the rest of the trash. (Or so he said…) All my precious G1's gone in a moment of blatant stupidity. We only found out the next day, when we woke up and asked for our toy bag. I think the kid stole our toys, because there is NO way you can mistake a duffel bag for garbage. If ever see that guys face again, I'll ascertain the truth and give him a well-deserved beating of his life.

18. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I sold off my childhood collection back in '91.

Complete Series 1-4, half of 5 and 6. All for a grand total of $300.

Didn't have a single G1 Tranformer until Jan of 2000. I bought two vintage TFs at a local comic shop.... Kickback and Ratchet. That same month I used ebay for the first time and picked up a Japanese Hound MIB.

19. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Most of the stuff I lost as a kid due to foul play.

Metroplex: Broken at the waist by my "Best Friend." Laughed my ass off when I found out he was busted for a DUI a couple years back.
    Scourge, Pointblank, and Siren: Stolen after show-and-tell. Bastards.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I lost all the G1 I had from my childhood. Strangely enough, I walking the dog and I see something green sticking out of the mud. I pull it and what do I find?

G1 Longhaul!!! My only surviving childhood transformer.