The toys that survived your childhood (aka the nostalgia appreciate thread!)!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by beanman, Apr 10, 2012.

1. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hey all,
    This thread is meant for pictures of any toys that survived your childhood (especially you 70's and 80's babies!)...

I was inspired after seeing several posts in the G1 appreciation thread of beat up G1 toys that the original owners found and having a similar experience in going back and finding what was left of my old G1 toys a couple years back.

Anyway, here's what I was able to find of my childhood toys (I'm holding out hope that there will be more found in my parent's attic when they/I get around to cleaning it!):

[​IMG]

The Jetfire and Rodimus needed arm transplants, and Jetfire is a little yellow. Plus, when I was a kid, I broke Jetfire's shoulder and my dad had cemented it back together (works great!). I remember through high school Jetfire sat on a shelf in my room in all his glory (which is probably why he is yellow), but then was lost after I left for college. I have no idea how the others survived, I just found them in various places when I went through some boxes of my childhood stuff. Oh, and G2 Jazz was actually my little brothers, but survived somehow also.

So, this thread is just to show appreciation for those toys that have survived through your childhood and you were able to reclaim!

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I wasn't alive for G1, and the first series I watched was Armada.

All my Armada toys survived, but most of them are missing their missiles. And my Leader Optimus has seen better days

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Note: I was born in '96
    Funny how out of the Pre-Energon figures I still have, only the oldest is still in good condition.

[​IMG]

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Sadly pretty much none of them.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Let's see...

G1 Hi-Q, G2 Megatron and Prime (the originals) are about the only pre-BW figures I still have my originals of. Most were lost during my high school "I'm too cool for this. Totes" phase when my parents got rid of them, or when I went to college and I didn't even have a chance to oppose.

6. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Only these two.

But then again, i had only these two. :D 

[​IMG]

Also my several Batman figures, rc cars, die-cast cars and my Sega Mega Drive is among the survivors.

I wish my parents kept my army men sets (had hundreds of them) though, they would make good shelf buddies to my transformers now.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    A long list of Beast Wars figures and some G1 figures I had at the time.

Here's just some of them:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

My MOC Original TMNT figs with fan club forms. I was in Middle school. Got extras for a christmas gift and simply put them away for safe keeping.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I still have the twenty G1 figures that I got when I was a kid.I'd like to thank my mom for saving them for me.She had the sense to save all our toys from when we were kids.She boxed them all up and gave them to us when we moved out,to do whatever we decided with them.

10. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    born in '92, I got a few generation 2 figs and beast wars, but all those are gone now :(  I thought I had a Tigatron around here somewhere but I can find are his guns, so the oldest toys I have are a few I have from RiD.

11. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first TF was G2 Optimus Prime, over the years, he broke, and parts would vanish. A few years back a trip to Vintage Stock and I see one for $20. One of my best shopping days ever.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i miss my gobots toys and dragonzord

13. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I was born in 1985.

So my first series was Beast Wars.

Most of my figures from wave 1 and on have survived (a number of them are on display).

A few have been lost or displaced others are missing accessories.

The only one missing a major piece is TM Rattrap (either left or right leg).

All of my TMNT and Ghostbuster figures were lost during a move in the second grade.

Still have a good deal of MMPR all on display:

Dragonzord
    Ninjor
    8" Rangers - Black Blue Pink Red White Yellow
    Shogunzord
    Tigerzord
    Titanus

The zords have chrome wear and some yellowing.

14. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Beast Wars Optimus Primal and T-Rex Megatron...thats all sadly

15. Fragmare

Fragmare Desert Dog

Ebay:
    I actually have quite a few figures that survived from my youth and I've since restored them and bought missing accessories and parts for them. Let's see what's left from my childhood...

G1 Omega Supreme (loose, complete. still works, still walks)
    G1 Shockwave (loose, complete. in excellent shape and still works)
    G1 Megatron (loose, complete except for small barrel connector. i'm workin' on it lol)
    G1 Soundwave (loose, complete except for two missiles. tape door still partially opens)
    G1 Perceptor (loose, complete)
    G1 Devastator (loose, complete)
    G1 Starscream (loose, complete)
    G1 Bumblebee
    G1 Cliffjumper
    G1 Brawn
    G1 Huffer
    G1 Gears
    G1 Windcharger (falls backwards a lot, but i think he always did that)
    G1 Blaster (loose, complete. kind of beat up, but I'm going to restore it next)
    G1 Bombshell (loose, complete. in really nice shape)
    G1 Shrapnel (loose, complete. in great shape except his right-hand wrist laser is broken off. replacement arm is on the way, though)

Sadly, my very first transformer I ever had (Sunstreaker) is not around anymore. When I got older, i kept finding bits and pieces of him all over the house... a fist here, a missile there. The second transformer I ever owned, Jetfire, was too yellowed and wrecked so I sold him for parts on eBay. Luckily, shortly thereafter, I found an incredible deal on a complete and in spectacular shape Jetfire on eBay for... i kid you not... $37 bucks. I swear it was a sign from the universe lol. Anyway, those are all the bots and cons I still have from my childhood.

16. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Let's get some pictures!

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you've already seen this pic in the g1 thread, most of my toys were sold when i was "too cool" for them
    [​IMG]

18. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I have a few but a lot of them are busted up badly... :( 

I even have Metroplex and Trypticon... and Scorponox... but not all of their pieces and stuff... I have a jetfire too that although I have like all of his red armor.. his arm broke off.. I had it and had glued it on.. ::Sighs:: Depressing remember the things I had and how I actually played with them so they got busted up... or sold off.. or traded away... :cry 

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    All the figures from my childhood have survived and I still have them all. But almost all of them are in storage right now so a photo of them would be difficult to do.

However I do have this old photo from somwhere around the latter stage of the G1 days which shows what my collection was at that point. Pardon the poor quality but this was obviously from the days before digital cameras. Play the game and try and identify every blurry thing. :p 

[​IMG]

The closest I can probably get to a modern photo of some of my older TF would be this from last year:

[​IMG]

20. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    holy crap that's a lot of g1