The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Wouldn't that be because of cookies? I know I've been seeing HTS/TRU PotP Voyagers for a while now because I've been routinely refreshing looking for them to be in stock.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont try to explain these things to 13 yo’s

3. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

Dear Toys R Us Shareholders,

One way to prevent filing for bankruptcy would be to sell products. Releasing 7,000 worth of items people wait to buy for instance.

Sincerely,
    The Collector Community

I feel like every time I go into my Toys R Us old products are hanging on the pegs. If you call and provide an R Us number they always say, we have to get it out back. Step 2:!Place the products on the shelves so customers may purchase said items.

I can see why amazon and Walmart sell more toys than TRU.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Still no change from what I saw before. I may try calling up our CSR number from the store yesterday on my lunch and see if I can get any word on why it is not available to order despite having inventory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Grimlock? One of the local TRU stores I called today said there was online inventory, but my backorder has yet to be filled.

6. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Grotesque.

7. Exastiken

Exastiken Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Grotusque.

8. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Well-Known Member

Oh duh. Sorry. One track mind.

9. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Christmas Guarantee shipping options:
    https://www.toysrusinc.com/press/the-final-countdown-to-christmas-is-on-at-toysrus

• Like Like x 1
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

Yeah, one of the things I want from a retail business is some sense of transparency. We don't know the reason why they're not selling them and that's the infuriating part. I'm not even sure what it means to be in the system. It could be they're sitting on them or it could mean that they're ordered and on the way, or it could even mean that they're in the US but are stuck at the dock due to a busy holiday season. I'm not asking for total transparency but it's hard to tell if there's a plan in place or if things are exploding (though they probably wouldn't admit to the latter).

I think honestly Toysrus needs to update how they handle inventory, both in putting it out for customers and what they order. Clearly what they're doing isn't working. The restructuring should help if they let their retail and online stores work together. Right now, they work as well as a pickle and pop rock sandwich, but if they can somehow get the virtual shopping experience and the physical one on par with each other, they might have a chance. Though I think what they're really going to do is buy more exclusives and rebrand. Now if they could make the website easier to browse through, that'd be great too. Maybe put some release dates on those suckers.

11. Multicron

Multicron Armada TV? Awful....

I'm not gonna lie, this is one of the most annoying things I've done all year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm sure they'll sell it as soon as Hasbro tells them it's ok to sell it.

13. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

It's like they want to ruin Christmas.

(At least, that's what Mrs. T keeps saying. When the listing went up, I said I'd be fine if it was the only thing I got this year. I had no idea the hell I had welcomed into her life.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Store computers list two things: if it is at a distribution warehouse and if it is in a store.

There are MANY reasons they might not be selling them yet. It has a release date. They were told not to put out/sell any new toys till after the holidays. They are being held for a promotion.

But let's be fair, you only know about them because someone found a listing and someone else looked in a computer. They aren't doing this maliciously

• Like Like x 2
  15. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    It's not like they're hiding this listing, he pops up under Titans return if you search for that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

I'm just frustrated. I am aware this isn't done with malicious intent, but because we cannot ever know what exactly their intent is, we have to guess. And in guesswork, our minds tend to gravitate towords the worst possible outcome. It's why so many people on the fourms here are fairly embittered or somewhat grumpy from time to time. Or worse, they're disappointed. Toy collecting is supposed to be fun, but lately its been oddly stress inducing. It shouldn't be; like at all. It's just a hunk of plastic (although a cool one), surely it's not a big deal. But it is a big deal. It's why this site exists in the first place. We place value on these mini-marvels because we like them, plain and simple. So when I complain about a bad business model or a lack of a solid release date/information, it's because it would make collecting a little bit easier and less stressful if it were solved. If Toysrus fixed their ecosystem, we'd love them and they'd make bank. If we got solid release dates, then we wouldn't have to freak every time one popped up online two months early. There are reasons why they don't, such as production problems and unexpected delays that could push a mold back another year or two (especially since I recently discovered that Hasbro and Takara both use like four different companies to create a single toy), but some kind of heads up would be nice. It's the unknown variables on an already released toy that's making everyone here go bonkers (myself included). That's all I'm saying.

To make a long story long, we have so much information about Grotusque and that information is steadily growing but even still, we know absolutely nothing. There's really only one piece of information we care about: when is he coming out? And because he already came out on HTS, we are that much more eager to acquire him since others have had him in hand for a few months. I really would rather not have to order Grotusque on Christmas day or sometime next year but if that is their plan, we are at their mercy. It would just be nice to order the toy, and need nothing else for the rest of the year. Or even just make it into a preorder. Why isn't it a preorder? Blarg I say, blarg!

17. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:

LMAO! Poor Christmas! Every year somebody is trying to destroy that poor pagan holiday.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is back in stock, and a friend of mine says TRU has debited his account for his grimlock order, so more may be available soon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Actually seen arcee at tru today. Somebody cut the tape, probably to see if it was grotesque.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Multicron

Multicron Armada TV? Awful....

So any more news on Grotusque?

• Like Like x 3