The toy aisle toy thief strikes again thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Post all your observation toy aisle toy theif stories in this thread.

Here's mine.....

Their is a Thief at my local walmart store. The theif ripps out all the Prime,Mech tech weapons & regular weapons from the bigger toy boxes. This has been going on for Five solid months in a row now.

I went toy hunting yesterday & I noticed the Rid Voyager Bulkhead was missing his forearm black hammer weapon.

Other toy hunts in the past Five months revealed all the voyagers got their Mech tech transforming weapons ripped right out of the boxes in the toy aisle. I didn't see it happen live,but noticed they were all gone by the time I got their.

I'm wondering how old this thief is. Does he have a mental disorder. Does he drive to the stores wasting gas just to steal stuff? is he a fan or just a casual buyer?

2. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

When I got my megatron powerizer someone had ripped all the guns loose but didn't steal it

3. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    When I got my son the Powerizer Bulkhead someone also tried to rip the weapon out but did not succeed and my son is gad thats one COOL weapon!!!!

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate it when I see blind bags cut open and the figure missing, whether they be Halo, MLP, Kreo, Lego or anything else.

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    They don't get seen through the cctv cameras?

6. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

Worst I've seen so far has been two Prime RID deluxes gone and in their packaging, on the peg mind you apparently the thief put them back on the pegs, were big hocked up wads of phlegm.

It was disgusting and at the same time fascinating. What level of hatred would someone have to be gripped by in order to not only steal a toy but to leave behind a pair of jumbo throat oysters?

Fun fact, the CCTV cameras aren't there to catch shop lifters. They're in place to catch employee theft.

The ones in the aisle are typically just for more angles. Note that that they are concentrated around registers.

7. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I thought most of us don't like those weapons? Who would even want to steal them lol

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Happens in Malaysia as well. Oh well... :/

9. Phantom6

could be stealing them for the batteries.

Have you seen the price of single LR44's? it's ridiculous.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    yeah, dude. habitual thieves are opportunists, then.

11. Phantom6

True it could also just be that they're stealing just for the sake of stealing.

I read a study that more often than not thieves steal just for the rush of it.

12. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wal*Mart's Official policy is to not stop or prosecute any thief for anything under the price of $25 since it will take more than $25 in legal and attorney's fee's. Most stores will not even say anything to a shoplifter if the item is less than $25.

Some will, the store security will stop them, detain them, attempt to get the item back, and then ban them from the store. If the person in question refuses to empty their pockets then security will let them keep the item because they are just security and do not have the right to search and seizure, even if it is their product. They would have to call the police to do it for them, and if that is the case they have to press charges which goes against their policy.

I actually just had this conversation about 3 hours ago with a Wal*Mart Employee, we were talking about the price of the new Furby's ($54 wow) the employee said, if "I" (him) wanted this figure he'd just steal it, since he'd get into less trouble and it would be easier. (He was just being sarcastic). We (me, him, the girl I was with, and 2 other employee's) started talking about the policy since they just had a store meeting this morning making sure each employee knows not to confront, in any way, anybody stealing items less than $25. They don't even need to report it to security. Just let the person be.

13. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I also think the Prime,Mech tech weapons are terrible. At the very least the DOTM Mech tech weapons looked like actual weapons.

So,they might be after the batteries,interesting reasoning .

14. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

People are always swiping the kreons from the TF sets. It's annoying when purchasing, I always examine the boxes carefully and open them immediately after purchase.

Also noticed at TRU someone made an X cut with a knife on about 10 Wolverine/She Hulk universe sets over the She Hulk and swiped her in each set. How do stores not catch someone cutting open package windows with a knife. Maybe one pack I could see but there had to be 10 of these. TRU marked all if them down to 8.90

Bunch of savages in this town.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Photo taken by me at a local Wal*mart:

[​IMG]

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No, they're there to catch shoplifters. Loss Prevention is an all-around thing though, so yes, sometimes you have to keep an eye on employees as well. No matter the place, there's almost always some sort of supervision over the registers. That's money afterall.

17. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    In my experience working at retail and at TRU, the people who do this would take the figures into the bathroom and cut them open in a stall.

There is a guy here who's doing the old return trick on all the WWE figures. Here's a picture I posted elsewhere:

[​IMG]

Note how Scorpion has joined the WWE.

Whoever is doing this is at least matching the look of the figure to the package. There is also a few cases of people cutting up the Marvel Universe comic packs as well in this area.

And yea, there is a ton of Kre-On theft and blind bag theft here too.

18. Phantom6

No they're not.

I work in a retail pharmacy, I've seen the layout of the cameras. Every camera in the place is either aimed at a register or aimed so that the nearest register is in view.

I've spoken to friends who work at both Target and Wal*mart and they've confirmed the same thing. Given that the manager of my location can't override the camera angle (It can be done but the loss prevention officer is the only one who can do it and he's the only one in the district) stores are more concerned with employee theft than shoplifitng.

Because employees have more time and access.

Meanwhile as I was leaving work last night I found four Beyblade packages torn open and void of their contents in our holiday section Retail price $14 each, Store price Significantly less.

As someone stated above, Stores will try to scare a shoplifter away (Some managers will anyway) but general corporate orders are to leave them alone unless it breaks a target price where the cost to prosecute is not greater than the item being stolen.

19. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i'm glad that is the one subject we don't suffer in here. No one bothers to steal pieces of toys and no swapped (or opened) product would find its way back to the shelves. Ripping off us Tf fans' asses is strictly limited to stores (or hasbro Turkey, whatever) with their high retail prices :D 

20. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    pretty much the same thing I've heard from all my buds and family that work retail. shit, I knew a guy in high school that got away with nearly 3K worth the ps1 games back then. he was just giving them away at school cause he had dupes of everything already. he would just doctor the tallies when he did inventory.

the potential damage the a shoplifter can do is nowhere near what an employee with access to money/product and knowledge of fudging paperwork can do.