"The Touch" on American Dad

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Honey-Flash, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

Two Transformers references on Animation Domination...

First off, we have Stewie playing with an Optimus Prime on Family Guy, and the previously announced 'The Touch' during Roger's training montage on American Dad.

Anyone else catch them?

2. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I did.

And both of those shows suck, IMO.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "The Touch" was done in standard 'play behind the training montage' style with no real TF homage to it. To their credit, they didn't automatically start the song at "You got th' TUUUTCSH!!". :) 

4. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Stan Bush's "The Touch" on American Dad

Last night, Seth MacFarlane had one Transformers related things on his show "Family Guy" and "American Dad"

Stewie was playing with (Pepsi?) Optimus Prime and have Destro and SteelJaw next to him.

Roger was exceling in Police Academy while "The Touch" was playing in the background.

Both was on Fox last night. Have anyone seen it, also did anyone find one in the Cleveland Show?

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The Touch was really out of place considering the American Dad story line had nothing to do with transformers and it didn't even emulate the scene in the 86 movie when Hot Rod fulfills his destiny. They should have used something like Eye of the Tiger instead.

The Family Guy bit was kinda funny, but it has been done by Family guy before...

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    A Transformers reference? On Family Guy? Really?

Wow, I bet that's never happened before.

Wow, I'm in a really snarky mood today. Must have something to do with having to file taxes.

8. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Hey!
    Not nice. American Dad is funny. Family Guy is not, but I like American Dad.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No the touch can be used anywhere. It was used in Chuck in the episode Chuck vs Tom Sawyer. In the episode. Chuck must have Jeff (who was a Missile Command Champion in the 80s) play the game again to get the "kill screen" to get a secret code to shut down a satellite with a missile attached to it. They do a setting up the game exhibition monatge set to The touch

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Like a song rejected from a Stallone movie has anything to do with Transformers in the first place.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Also, "The Touch" doesn't count as a legitimate TF reference. Bush originally wrote the song for the Stallone movie "Cobra" (1986) but it didn't make the cut for the soundtrack. His record label submitted it for TFTM.

The Touch by Stan Bush Songfacts

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Well regardless of what it was written for, the only reason why it is popular is because of the Transformers movie, so it would make sense that that there sould be some tie in to Transformers as a whole, but then again...maybe not.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Last night musta been TF night on FOX, Optimus on Family Guy and The Touch on American Dad!

14. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

Pffttt....Neither's good. Family Dad=American Guy

Wow.the shows are soooo orginal.
    AD- Talking fish and alien
    FG-Talking baby and dog..

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I love both shows.

What??

Same creator,some of the same voices and lagely the same type of jokes.

16. OptimusTOM

OptimusTOM Member

Hey gang, I used to post back in the All-Spark days, but not anymore... long time no see! Regardless, I work at American Dad, the fox animated cartoon show.

I wanted to let you all know, in case you missed it last Sunday... we used STAN BUSH'S "THE TOUCH" in a montage of our latest episode. Roger wants to join the Police Academy but he sucks, so Stan is getting him in shape... what better song to do it to, than "the touch".

Backstory on it.... Myself and Brent Woods, the Supervising Director on American Dad are big G1 TF fans like most of you. This is actually Brent's 2nd attempt... and finally successful attempt... to get this song into the show. Of course his motivation was being such a fan of the original TF film.

So there you have it. You have friends in mediocre places. Here's the link to HULU. The whole episode is actually really funny... but if you want to skip to JUST the montage, the scene begins at the 9:53 mark.

ENJOY!

Hulu - American Dad!: Cops and Roger - Watch the full episode now.

sidenote: is it just me... or does the instrumental part of the song sound remastered? Sounds like we re-recorded it or something... I'll have to ask our Audio guys.

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, if this is indeed genuine (and after a little research, it certainly appears to be so), it turns out to be a legitimate TF reference after all.

I sit corrected. And my apologies in the previous thread for doubting this was an actual TF reference. (Either way, including "The Touch" in anything smacks of totally 80s awesomeness.)

However, I cannot apologize on the behalf of my fellow TF fans who bashed on American Dad. Without sounding like I'm sucking up, I do enjoy the show -- it's my favorite Seth animated comedy. It was the James Bond spoof "Tearjerker" that won me over. That episode was cinematical and hugely entertaining.

(Not so much a fan of Family Guy though, but like you care since you don't work on that one.)

And I'd say welcome to the forums but it looks like you've been poking around on here since 2007.

It's not so much "The Touch" from the TFTM soundtrack that gets me "pumped" -- that honor goes to "Hunger" by Kick Axe. Nothing gets me motivated like that song (except maybe the promise of sex).

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I said the same thing in another thread on this in the Gen Discussion forum. As it turns out, we were both wrong -- it *was* a legit and intentional TF reference:

[edit link removed following merged thread]

19. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you don't have to watch the shows, guys. Get over it.

I caught both of those references, but lol'd more at the Touch in American Dad.

20. OptimusTOM

OptimusTOM Member

oh... whoops! sorry for the unnecessary extra thread