Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rherk, Sep 24, 2006.
Dr. Smoov ftw!
Anyways, most of your list is...obscure to say the least, IMO.
I agree with the following-Ironhide/Ratchet, Sideswipe/Red Alert (No Sunstreaker? WTF?), Kup, and Blitzwing. POSSIBLY Springer.
The other ones are...meh, IMO.
My top ten, in no order:
Soundwave (only rumor until something concrete shows up
Powerglide (or an Aerialbot)
a little overly tied to the original batch, but hey.
10. Prowl - We get a ton of Prowls, yes... I want the definitive Prowl now. Besides, it's good repaint fodder for later.
9. Cyclonus - This is a lot of jets but again it's a classic character we don't use much despite having the name for one.
8. Swindle - All your cons in the line would be jets without breaking up gestalt teams and this is one of the stand-outs.
7. Trailbreaker - Poor guy gets nothing but one Universe repaint and they named it Ironhide.
6. Blitzwing - Tank. Jet. Enough said.
5. Wheeljack - We have the name homages, the appearance homages, but never the two have met. Time for a legit Wheeljack.
4. Thundercracker - We have two... just one more.
3. Shockwave - See Wheeljack argument, especially since we just got his name back! And his normal colors would get by safety laws.
2. Arcee - It's time, Hasbro. Give the girl her due.
1. Ironhide - Ironhide's the name we've kept forever and not once has gotten a proper homage. I dont even count his Botcon toy because it looked half-rate at best.
Interesting list....however, I would love to see, in no order
...that's all I can think of.
An Ultra or leader size Omega Supreme would probably be at the top of my list, good to see springer on there, wouldn't minds seeing all the triple changers re done as classics personally.
10. Huffer, give this guy his due with a good homage even if it is just a repaint of Cybertron Armorhide.
9. Gears. Papa Smurf would want it this way.
8. Cliffjumper. A red repaint of Bumblebee would suit me just fine.
7. Ultra Magnus' armor. I don't care if they even see the trailer separately. Give this poor Magnus some armor so he's a bit more than a Prime repaint.
6. Brawn. One crazy, bruising Autobot jeep/SUV please.
5. Devastator. Constructicon Maximus was a very good start, now give us the 6-bot combiner himself.
4. Omega Supreme. Something that doesn't look as though a crayon box didn't explode on him please.
3. Ironhide/Ratchet. It's time, give them a widespread distribution homage.
2. Arcee. As Omegus Prime said, "give the girl her due."
1. Trailbreaker. Give this guy some lovin' for Pete's sake. Even if it has to be as T. Breaker, Trail Breaker, Trail Breakr, or some other derivative of the name. Yes, he almost had the Universe Ironhide that looks like him, he almost had Alternator Swindle/Rollbar, he almost had Overhaul, and even Cybertron Red Alert almost looks a bit like him, but enough with the "almosts" and time for the real deal.
10 Sideswipe. (Hot Rod remold) I don't really care about Sideswipe, but there's a reason I want him, and sharing a mold with the matrix thief. Obviously, he needs to be a much brighter red than Hot Rod.
9 Pipes. Had the little guy, when I ws a kid. Loved him. Also an easy remold into Huffer.
8 Landmine. No pretender shell needed. I just thought he was a cool robot, with a neat looking alt mode.
7 Cyclonus. One of the few good looking sci-fi alt modes to come out of G1. Hopefullt they can keep him as free of undercarriage kibble as the original.
6 Hound. Sportcars are great, but we need some 4x4s, too.
5 Brawn. Coolest of all minibots. The little tough guy needs to be in this line.
4 Thrust. (Starscream remold) No damn conehead! Seriously. It makes the robot look goofy, and it screws up the alt mode. Thrust should not have a stubby nosecone.
3 Trailbreaker. He almost made it into Cybertron. Let's put him Classics. It's bad enough he never got reissued by Hasbro, but his repaint did.
2 Sunstreaker. (Wheeljack remold) Bot gets no love. Just because he's vain and violent, is no reason to keep him out of the line. His transformation is close enough to Wheeljacks that they could share a mold.
1 Wheeljack. I'm sick of getting clones of this guy named Downshift. Wheeljack is an Autobot, and it's about time he got a mainline release with his name on it. Yes, it would give us four guys with nearly identical alt modes. It's the only practical way we're going to get the twins with seperate molds, as they should be. Wheeljack should be the only one of the bunch with ground effects.
Honestly, I'd be happy with just my top three. Hell, give me a proper Wheeljack, and I'll shut up. The remold ideas are because Classics Hot Rod's alt mode already looks a bit like a cross between a Countache, and a Stratos.
I kind of dread actually getting Thrust in this line, for fear that they'll make him a conehead. I'll just kitbash my own, from a Starscream.
In no particular order I'd like to see,
i really wish we could start getting some of the great combiners and make the dinobots into combiners.
make vs packs- dinobots vs. predacons, superion vs. menasor, ect., ect.,...
then some of the best caricters of all of G1
shockwave is a deffenet has a gun
then there is cyclonus another must have
scorage and the sweeps, have them actually seperate and different this time like i think they were ment to be
then a little harder but doable
fort max and tripticon- i say these two only cause they were the toughest and best, tripy was an acuale battle station and well he is fort max and the badest there is.
i know they wont be nearly has big has they use to be but i think they could be done and every one would likely want them to
Reflector (cartoon accurate)
Megatron (silver & black tank)
Yeah it's more than 10, but if they made Mirage into a Classic, then the rest should be there too
Jazz, Ironhide, Devastator.
The other Dinobots would be nice, and beyond that, anything else is just icing on the cake.
Gah! Too many to choose from!
Since Bumblebee and Rodimus are already being made I want (in no particular order):
Cliffjumper repaint of Bumblebee
Sideswipe/Sunstreaker - the twins should be from the same mold
Some Aerialbots or at least Silverbolt
Punch-Counterpunch - I love the Double-Spy concept
Getaway - I just like the character, could be a repaint of someone
Thundercracker/Skywarp repaints of Screamer
Thrust/Ramjet/Dirge - as coneheads
Soundwave (with Blaster as his repaint)
Some Stunticons or Combaticons
Vortex (Blades/Sandstorm/or Springer repaint)
Blast Off (Astrotrain Repaint)
Brawl (Warpath repaint)
Swindle (Hound repaint)
Onslaught (new mold)
Yeah, that's way too many, and most are Alts already, but I can't help myself.
In no particular order:
8. Ultra Magnus with armor.
10. Either a scaled-down-to-Voyager-size Fort Max or Omega Supreme.
I'd like the rest of the Dinobots, the Predacons, and Blitzwing. Thats 10!
ok here's my list mostly comming from fond childhood memories in no particular order
Kup ... yeah I like him too
Cassete bots ... Make em minicons for soundwave
I just want Blitzwing and Springer.
We got us a comic book based figure in the Titanium line, let's cross it over to the Classics!
Who here wouldn't freak out for a Hearts of Steel Shockwave?
For me, I'll take any cool looking version of Optimus.
how come Octane doesn't get any love? or Broadside for that matter? they could BOTH use a good updating.
Here's my list
Ironhide : This guy really needs a good figure. The g1 version is crap imo.
Ratchet: The same as Ironhide
Springer: The G1 version was a let down. This one needs to be movie accurate
Prowl,Silverstreak, Smokescreen. They can all be the same mold.
Separate names with a comma.